Too much air in tummy

kenxf_03

hi mummies, got a Q to seek for advises. My baby kept having alot air in his tummy, by the way, he is in his 1mth 1 week old. These few nite he kept crying on and off. Donno it be'cose tummy got air or he wanna slp but cannot slp. My MIL told mi maybe the formula milk that my baby is drinking causes allt he air in tummy. Is that true?

hi mummies, got a Q to seek for advises. My baby kept having alot air in his tummy, by the way, he is in his 1mth 1 week old. These few nite he kept crying on and off. Donno it be'cose tummy got air or he wanna sleep but cannot sleep. My mother in law told mi maybe the formula milk that my baby is drinking causes allt he air in tummy. Is that true?
burp yr baby after every feed, gif the baby some woods gripewater n rub his tummy wif ru yee you after bath n keep his tummy warm wrap the baby blanket around the tummy :)

kenxf_03

burp your baby after every feed, give the baby some woods gripewater and rub his tummy with ru yee you after bath and keep his tummy warm wrap the baby blanket around the tummy :)
Hi lollipopbaby,

thks 4 ur reply! i've followed wat u mentioned all along. But DS tummy is still so windy. donno wats happening to him... PD prescribed him with ridwind drops to get rid of winds, but dont seems to help at all..:embarrassed:

apollo

Hi lollipopbaby,

thks 4 your reply! i've followed what you mentioned all along. But dear son tummy is still so windy. donno wats happening to him... pediatrician prescribed him with ridwind drops to get rid of winds, but dont seems to help at all..:embarrassed:
from what i know, ridwind can be taken everyday to cure and prevent wind.. so maybe aft he recovers also continue to feed him once a day to prevent..?? i'm doing that for my son but he hates ridwind... :tlaugh:

kenxf_03

from what i know, ridwind can be taken everyday to cure and prevent wind.. so maybe after he recovers also continue to feed him once a day to prevent..?? i'm doing that for my son but he hates ridwind... :tlaugh:
ok thanks. My son is doing well so far wif ridwind.

fazlin7

burp your baby after every feed, give the baby some woods gripewater and rub his tummy with ru yee you after bath and keep his tummy warm wrap the baby blanket around the tummy :)
My boy not only burp also fart alot. Hehehehehe.
Sleeping also can fart. After fart he will smile n laugh. Hehehehehe.
So funny lah this boy.Hahahahahah
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Ting

apply ruyi oil and massage his tummy to help him pass air out. :)

when u prepare the FM for him, u shake the bottle right? so there wil air inside, so turn the lid open abit to let the "extra" air escape n then when u turn back, dun close too tight, as long dun spill can alr.
if too tight, baby will suck in more air.
as told by my mum.

Last edited:
i used dentinox colic drops.. can buy from Guardian or Watsons. but best to go see a doc first as administration stated on the box is different from when my DS doc prescribe. My DS started in 1ml when he was 1 mth compared to 2.5ml as stated on box.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi,

A fren taught us, that if your bb has colic, you can try to put him facing you in between your legs and start to rock him gently, it will make him feel better and the rocking motions will remind him of the time in ur tummy and will calm him down too.......and best of all it will make him sleep....

Alternatively, you can swaddle him....after putting like ruyi oil or watever oil or you can massage his tummy, using olive oild to rid the wind, I have a massage guide when I went for a bb massage workshop, if you want can pass it to you by mail.

Let me know if you want.

kenxf_03

Hi,

A friend taught us, that if your baby has colic, you can try to put him facing you in between your legs and start to rock him gently, it will make him feel better and the rocking motions will remind him of the time in your tummy and will calm him down too.......and best of all it will make him sleep....

Alternatively, you can swaddle him....after putting like ruyi oil or watever oil or you can massage his tummy, using olive oild to rid the wind, I have a massage guide when I went for a baby massage workshop, if you want can pass it to you by mail.

Let me know if you want.
Hi Phoeii,

Thks alot for ur advice! I'll try this and see if my boy get better.

Can I have a copy of the massage guide? My email is kool_03sg@yahoo.com.sg. Thks! :tlaugh:

kenxf_03

apply ruyi oil and massage his tummy to help him pass air out. :)

when you prepare the FM for him, you shake the bottle right? so there wil air inside, so turn the lid open abit to let the "extra" air escape and then when you turn back, dont close too tight, as long dont spill can already.
if too tight, baby will suck in more air.
as told by my mum.
Hi Ting,

Thks for the advice!

I didnt shake the bottle when preparing his milk.. I use a spoon to stir instead. And I'll close the lid slowly so that I wont trap so much air inside the bottle. And when it comes to feeding, I'll make sure the teat is full of milk, so that when he drink, he'll take in air too.. But just donno where went wrong, there is air in his tummy..

Today when to see a PD and he said that my boy's nose is abit on the sensitive side, so when he has blocked nose, he'll breathe thru his mouth and thus tk in air loh..

kenxf_03

My boy not only burp also fart alot. Hehehehehe.
Sleeping also can fart. After fart he will smile and laugh. Hehehehehe.
So funny this boy.Hahahahahah
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:
Haha, hi 5!! My boy also fart alot! Especially when I applied ru yi oil for him after bathing..

Ting

Hi Ting,

Thks for the advice!

I didnt shake the bottle when preparing his milk.. I use a spoon to stir instead. And I'll close the lid slowly so that I wont trap so much air inside the bottle. And when it comes to feeding, I'll make sure the teat is full of milk, so that when he drink, he'll take in air too.. But just donno where went wrong, there is air in his tummy..

Today when to see a pediatrician and he said that my boy's nose is abit on the sensitive side, so when he has blocked nose, he'll breathe thru his mouth and thus tk in air loh..

ic, i guess shld be the case.
n when baby cries, they also take in alot of air. so try to comfort n calm him down if he cries due to tummy ache. :)

Does colic happen only in the evening time?? cos my 4mth old son during 7pm to 9pm will tend to cry very easily?? me and my hubby does not know wat is bothering him as other time of the day, he's not like tat :(

kenxf_03

ic, i guess shld be the case.
and when baby cries, they also take in alot of air. so try to comfort and calm him down if he cries due to tummy ache. :)
Yes, so whenever he cried, I'll try my very best to calm him down ASAP. But my boy can be very grouchy when he wanna slp and yet he cant slp on his own.

So gotta carried him till he soundly alsp then I'll place him down on his cot.

kenxf_03

Does colic happen only in the evening time?? cos my 4mth old son during 7pm to 9pm will tend to cry very easily?? me and my hubby does not know what is bothering him as other time of the day, he's not like that :(
Hi bargainhunter3,

I read from a book that says colic normally happen during late evening time. For my boy, he cried so much during late evening. So I gotta carried him, make sure his tummy is close to mine so that he can feel better.

My son's Pd also asked us to let him slp on his tummy. Babies will feel very comfy slping this way.. Btw u must make sure ur baby's head tilt to one side and make sure he breathe well..

Pd also mentioned that colic babies tend to clench his fists alot. Some will also cried for hrs non stop. And colic is very normal for babies from 0-3 mths.

for my boy, prob still persist, so I let him carry on taking the ridwind drops, this is to get rid of his wind. Maybe u wanna give it a try by talking to ur PD?

Hope these help. :001_302:

apollo

Hi bargainhunter3,

I read from a book that says colic normally happen during late evening time. For my boy, he cried so much during late evening. So I gotta carried him, make sure his tummy is close to mine so that he can feel better.

My son's pediatrician also asked us to let him sleep on his tummy. Babies will feel very comfy sleeping this way.. Btw you must make sure your baby's head tilt to one side and make sure he breathe well..

pediatrician also mentioned that colic babies tend to clench his fists alot. Some will also cried for hours non stop. And colic is very normal for babies from 0-3 mths.

for my boy, prob still persist, so I let him carry on taking the ridwind drops, this is to get rid of his wind. Maybe you wanna give it a try by talking to your pediatrician?

Hope these help. :001_302:
i used to let ds slp on his tummy but not anymore... cause i've to be with him every seconds as there was once we found him facing DOWNWARDS!!! but i agree with u, babies feel v comfy slping on their tummy:tlaugh:

hmmm...ok i try the rid wind drop again cos i stop the medication after he turns 4 mths.

btw, i notice that the tummy on my son is not balance. it's bigger on the left side and smaller on the right side when laying flat. Anyone have this issue with their babies also??