Tore a c-section stitch

Eliza

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I gave birth to my son six weeks ago. On the five day after giving birth, I tore a c-section stitch on my inner incision. As a first time mother, I did not know what I can do and what I cannot do and my gynae did not advise me in these areas as well. I am pro to natural birth and hence having an emergency c-section was totally alien to me. I did not do any research on c-section. So during sponging, I lift my leg into the bathtub to wash my feet and after that, sat on the cover of the toilet bowl, bending sideways to wear my underpants and then snapped!! I couldn't get up and there was a feeling of someone stabbing me on my right side of my wound. Went to A&E the next day and my doctor cannot do anything either because the skin layer of my incision is fine. He assumed either of my inner layer was torn (there were three layers). He told me to wait and see if I have any fever or vomit. Otherwise he will not open me up again as it is a major surgery. Fast forward.. until now.. I still feel pricky stretchy pain on my right side of my incision. When my nanny applied cream to my skin layer scar this week, she was a bit rough and I felt pain on my right incision again. The left wound has no feeling at all and I assumed my left side has already healed.
Just want to ask if anyone has gone through the same thing as I have before.. tearing a c-section wound and how long will it take a normal c-section and a torn c-section to heal especially a torn stitch. Would really appreciate advise! Thanks.

Maelyn

Hi Eliza, i also underwent c-sect but did not experience any 'snaps'. However, there is always a burning sensation from the right side when i try to urinate throughout my confinement. My gynae explained coz the wound is near the bladder so it may be a bit painful when we sit down or pass urine. For me, the pain went away from the 2nd mth onwards but off and on there will be pulling sensations from the right side. Wearing an abdominal binder really helped minimise the pain. The lower abdominal area will feel a bit numb up till about 6 mths. So don't worry. And if you experience unusual pains, be sure to check with your gynae! Take care!

Priya Diva

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I gave birth to my son six weeks ago. On the five day after giving birth, I tore a c-section stitch on my inner incision. As a first time mother, I did not know what I can do and what I cannot do and my gynae did not advise me in these areas as well. I am pro to natural birth and hence having an emergency c-section was totally alien to me. I did not do any research on c-section. So during sponging, I lift my leg into the bathtub to wash my feet and after that, sat on the cover of the toilet bowl, bending sideways to wear my underpants and then snapped!! I couldn't get up and there was a feeling of someone stabbing me on my right side of my wound. Went to A&E the next day and my doctor cannot do anything either because the skin layer of my incision is fine. He assumed either of my inner layer was torn (there were three layers). He told me to wait and see if I have any fever or vomit. Otherwise he will not open me up again as it is a major surgery. Fast forward.. until now.. I still feel pricky stretchy pain on my right side of my incision. When my nanny applied cream to my skin layer scar this week, she was a bit rough and I felt pain on my right incision again. The left wound has no feeling at all and I assumed my left side has already healed.
Just want to ask if anyone has gone through the same thing as I have before.. tearing a c-section wound and how long will it take a normal c-section and a torn c-section to heal especially a torn stitch. Would really appreciate advise! Thanks.

Hi Eliza

I went through an emergency C section too 2 mths ago but as my gynea was very good and advised me what to do and what not to do, i had recovered pretty well. I am not suppose to squat or do sit up as complete recovery can take up to 6 mths. In addition i started taking Fish essence immediately on the 2nd day and am still taking everyday. That has helped alot to heal fast. I do have slight pain off and on but i am ok in general.

Eliza

Hi Eliza, i also underwent c-sect but did not experience any 'snaps'. However, there is always a burning sensation from the right side when i try to urinate throughout my confinement. My gynae explained coz the wound is near the bladder so it may be a bit painful when we sit down or pass urine. For me, the pain went away from the 2nd mth onwards but off and on there will be pulling sensations from the right side. Wearing an abdominal binder really helped minimise the pain. The lower abdominal area will feel a bit numb up till about 6 mths. So don't worry. And if you experience unusual pains, be sure to check with your gynae! Take care!
Hi Maelyn,
Can I know how long did you wear your abdominal binder (a month, two months or more)? Also, how do you bind back after you've showered? Tried doing it this week, felt the incision is still open. Is that normal?

Eliza

Hi Eliza

I went through an emergency C section too 2 mths ago but as my gynea was very good and advised me what to do and what not to do, i had recovered pretty well. I am not suppose to squat or do sit up as complete recovery can take up to 6 mths. In addition i started taking Fish essence immediately on the 2nd day and am still taking everyday. That has helped alot to heal fast. I do have slight pain off and on but i am ok in general.
Hi Priya Diva,
Can I know where did you buy the Fish essence and what brand is that? I'm really hoping to recover asap...

mami2009

Hi Eliza, fish essence can be found in medical halls or grocery shops..even supermarkets..
I bought mine at Yue Hwa dept store at Jurong point...the brand is "Mei Hua Brand Sheng Yu Jing with american ginseng & cordyceps" and it cost $15 for 6 bottles (70ml each bottle)
Heard from my mami that this really helps in minimizing the scars and wound to heal faster.. I read the info on my fish essence, it stated it has a high level of protein, amino acids and various kinds of vitamins necessary for our body.. I drink it once in a while for good health mainly coz I kinda like it.. ^_^