True or not???

precious.girl

In the afternoon, I went for check up.

From the ultrasound, we get to know I am 6W5D pregnant.

However, my gynae didn’t detect any fetal heartbeat. In the end, she told me I might miscarriage as it is just an empty sac. Moreover, due to the fact that I didn’t experience sore breast for few days already, she added on to say the chance of miscarriage is even higher.

However, I had nausea but I am not sure whether it is due to pregnancy or Duphaston.

May I check with you how true this is?

precious.girl

maybe seek 2nd opinion ?
I did seek 2nd opinion indirectly.

In fact, last week I saw another gynae. At that point of time, we saw nothing from the ultrasound scan. Moreover, I even did an urine test on the spot, it was negative.

In another words, I am surprise that from today scan, I am already 6W5D pregnant.

fern

at 6 weeks, my fetus had no heartbeat as well...but my gynae told me a similar story but that there is 50% chance that it may/may not be ok and asked to wait a while more. The heartbeat appeared at 8 weeks.

Didn't have sore breast nor any vomiting throughout

u may want to check with your gynae to see if to monitor a while more. good luck!

precious.girl

at 6 weeks, my fetus had no heartbeat as well...but my gynae told me a similar story but that there is 50% chance that it may/may not be ok and asked to wait a while more. The heartbeat appeared at 8 weeks.

Didn't have sore breast nor any vomiting throughout

you may want to check with your gynae to see if to monitor a while more. good luck!
I had another appt with my own gynae next sat.

For the appt with another gynae, it is on the week after next.

apollo

actu 6 week might too too early to spot bb's heartbeat.

when i was 4week+ preggy, gynae spot NOTHING excpet a super tiny sac which she nearly missed out. and we were told to go bk 2 weeks later which was also ard 6week+ and spotted some tiny heartbeat movement. i'm consider 'lucky' cos i heard tt some bb's heartbeat onlyspotted at ard 7-8 weeks.

i susgest u to either change a gynae or wait 2 more weeks =)

P4nic

Mine check at 4 weeks cannot see anything at all then go back on the 8 weeks then can see the bean plus the heart beat... My advice is to wait till 8weeks to go check again

if i remember correctly my gynae told me usually can see heart beat when the sac size is around 20mm so urs is 18.1mm mayb due to angle or wat the heart beat is not detected. the size shown can be quite accurate to determine the pregnancy week. mine was detected around week 6 (calculate use sac size, i have late ovulation) too...
dun worry, rest well and continue with ur duphaston.. not all pregnant mummy will have sore breast ... i dun hav sore breast and morning sickness at all...

precious.girl

if i remember correctly my gynae told me usually can see heart beat when the sac size is around 20mm so urs is 18.1mm mayb due to angle or what the heart beat is not detected. the size shown can be quite accurate to determine the pregnancy week. mine was detected around week 6 (calculate use sac size, i have late ovulation) too...
dont worry, rest well and continue with your duphaston.. not all pregnant mummy will have sore breast ... i dont hav sore breast and morning sickness at all...
Thanks for your advise.

What I cant stand is my gynae told me straight to my face that if I do NOT experience sore breasts, the chance of miscarriage is very high.

jasobias

hey precious.girl
i didnt get sore boobs at first with the pregnancy of my last baby(now 10 months liao!)
boobs were only sore later part in pregnancy when they got huge..so in my opinion thts not a gd gauge..tell ur gynae go fly kite..hahah

k-mom

who is this gynae? not compassionate at all :(

like the others, i'd recommend a second opinion and also another scan later. we also couldnt detect heartbeat at 6 weeks but could see the sac (after much searching!). i did another scan at 8 weeks and there was heartbeat so you may just need some time. all the best ya - hugs!

precious.girl

hey precious.girl
i didnt get sore boobs at first with the pregnancy of my last baby(now 10 months !)
boobs were only sore later part in pregnancy when they got huge..so in my opinion thts not a good gauge..tell your gynae go fly kite..hahah
Exactly. But I get to know that a lot of people say my gynae is pretty accurate lei. That why I am scared.

precious.girl

who is this gynae? not compassionate at all :(

like the others, i'd recommend a second opinion and also another scan later. we also couldnt detect heartbeat at 6 weeks but could see the sac (after much searching!). i did another scan at 8 weeks and there was heartbeat so you may just need some time. all the best ya - hugs!
I dont want to mention the gynae's name at here. It would not be fair to her.

xynthia18

precious girl, dun worry about it. i think you should seek a 2nd opinion. i missed my menses for 8 days and tested positive and went to the gynae. did a transvaginal scan but found nothin at all. the 1st gynae still ask me " you sure u tested positive ? " . he ask me to go back 2 weeks later. after that found a sac so was on duphaston( makes me vomit like hell ). bleeding the next day after checkup. admitted to Mount A due to threatened abortion. but luckily baby is fine. only after all these traumas, we get to see the baby(look like beansprout) and the heartbeat. but after that i change to another gynae cus the previous one was not very assuring. luckily i change gynae, i was told to be 9wks instead of 7wks !! phew ~ now am 12weeks now. gg for oscar scanning next tuesday. :wong19:

so i think it's better to look for another gynae when ur current one is so insensitive.

fr0ufr0um0mmy

yep, at 6 weeks (my first gynae appt) I couldn't hear the heartbeat too. Just saw the sac, looks like nothing inside coz baby still very small. 2 weeks later, i manage to hear my darling heartbeat :wong19:

Don't worry, just wait and check again. In the meantime, take your folic acid and take good care of yourself!