Unable to pass urine after delivery

diamond25

I delivered my precious baby gal last sat mon. I was on a catator(hope correct spelling) and they removed it the same day. Thereafter I passed a bitof urine at night. Thereafter, it became tough. I got discharged on mon morn. That night when I came hm I was unable to walk much and cld not pass urine at all. Nothing more than few drops. I was brought back to Thomson that very night. They sent me back home with the cathator. My gynae removed it yest and the problem has occured again. Today I had my first massage session. And it has helped a bit.
Any other mummies faced this problem?

zenmoonflower

Did you get an epidural? If so, perhaps your muscles down there (the ones that control the urine flow) haven't regained their full function yet (they were temporarily "paralysed" by the anaesthesia). But make an appointment with your gynae if you're worried.

candy_ian

It happens sometimes post op after the muscles r too tense up post surgery.. What I do to my patients is when I bring down to the toilet I sit then down on the toilet seat n I turn on the tap for them
it somehow simulates them with the sound of the water flowing.. Drink more water n go to the toilet regularly.

Juz17

I delivered my precious baby gal last sat mon. I was on a catator(hope correct spelling) and they removed it the same day. Thereafter I passed a bitof urine at night. Thereafter, it became tough. I got discharged on mon morn. That night when I came hm I was unable to walk much and cld not pass urine at all. Nothing more than few drops. I was brought back to Thomson that very night. They sent me back home with the cathator. My gynae removed it yest and the problem has occured again. Today I had my first massage session. And it has helped a bit.
I was on that too...cos i c-sect. I delivered my boy last tues at thomson too. Anyway the next day when im being 'forced' to go down of bed i already pass urine....so i got no such issue...

keefu

It happens sometimes post op after the muscles r too tense up post surgery.. What I do to my patients is when I bring down to the toilet I sit then down on the toilet seat n I turn on the tap for them
it somehow simulates them with the sound of the water flowing.. Drink more water n go to the toilet regularly.
This method was being used on me too when I was trying my first urination...

diamond25

Hi Mummies,

Thank you for all the responses n tips. Situation has improved now. Iam finally able to do it.

P/S: the water flowing frm the tap was a very good tip! Thank you mummies

MeganLim

Hi,

My sis-in-law also had the problem after delivery for 2 weeks. She drank cranberry juice and improved a lot. able to urine on her own.

Maybe you can give it a try.

Thanks,
Megan