Unable to see baby

Triquetra

Is it normal that baby is still not showing at 6 weeks even through transvaginal ultrasound?

Has any mummy experienced this before?

angiebaby

when i go see gynae at 5 weeks plus, i can see a tiny heart beating inside, just a heart and nothing else....but my friend 6 weeks go gynae see only sac,she only able to see heartbeat on 7th week.

apollo

i went to my gynae when i was only 4week+ preg and cant detect anything just a tiny lil dot and my gynae took quite sometime b4 she spotted that tiny dot. I was told to go bk 2weeks later and by then i was nearly 7th week preg and finally can spot the heartbeat. =)

Phoebii Cheng

I first found out I was preggy when I was 8 weeks...and it was not until 10 weeks into my pregnancy did I go for further test like the ultrasound...and can see the heartbeat

Is it normal that baby is still not showing at 6 weeks even through transvaginal ultrasound?

Has any mummy experienced this before?
usually able to see unless the angle is not right.

but if your gynae is concerned he/she might request u to do a blood test.

as my first transvaginal ultrasound didn't show anything also so i did a blood test.

everything came out find, sometimes its because its still in and early stage.

if the gynae didn't say much means its ok. next scan should be able to see already =)

banner82

too early to see baby. week 6- sac, week 8 heart beat and i can see the shape of the fetus at week 10.

Last edited:

marlysha

hi all

im expecting my 3rd child...

yesterdae when for my 1st check up..do a normal scan but cant see anything then do a vaginal scan and only can see a sac...cant detect anything...btw frm my last menses the bb should be ard 10wks but aft doing the scanning it looks like 5wks..

and on 15/3 i have to go for another scanning...should the next scannig show tat bb not doing welll then consider a miscarriage...haiz...

Triquetra

hi all

im expecting my 3rd child...

yesterdae when for my 1st check up..do a normal scan but cant see anything then do a vaginal scan and only can see a sac...cant detect anything...btw frm my last menses the baby should be around 10wks but after doing the scanning it looks like 5wks..

and on 15/3 i have to go for another scanning...should the next scannig show that baby not doing welll then consider a miscarriage...sigh...
Don't be discouraged! Sometimes we ovulate late so we are actually not as far into our pregnancy as we thought.

Did your gynae ask you to go for a blood test or detailed scan?

marlysha

she did gave me 2 option...to do another scan or a blood test...but i choose the scan...she said if blood test can detect hormones..something like tat and also can show wether its a miscarriage or not....btw my mensus is always irregular

Don't be discouraged! Sometimes we ovulate late so we are actually not as far into our pregnancy as we thought.

Did your gynae ask you to go for a blood test or detailed scan?

Triquetra

she did gave me 2 option...to do another scan or a blood test...but i choose the scan...she said if blood test can detect hormones..something like tat and also can show wether its a miscarriage or not....btw my mensus is always irregular
Since you have irregular menses, it's very likely that you have ovulated later so you cannot use your LMP to calculate your due date; It will not be accurate.

I did both the blood test and pelvic detailed scan, thats when I finally find my little one :)