Vacuum robot

sunnyflower8188

Hi

Is anyone using such vacuum robot at home? It is supposed to automatic vacuum the floor. I thinking of getting one but wonder what is the performance and maintenance of the robot like

diymummy

Hi sunnyflower,

I used to own one. I imported my irobot Roomba 560 from Amazon US. Then I bought an adaptor so that I can use the vacuum cleaner here in SG. Total I spent abt $650. In Singapore iirc, it costs more than $1k for the same model.

This robot cleans well and it auto-docks after cleaning. But what I didn't like was that it's a bit forceful so when it bangs against the wall, it's loud. It also bangs into my dining chairs so they usually end up in the middle of the house. Not to mention it also bangs into the small stuff in the house. So we always have to pick the things up on the floor before running the robot. It started to get troublesome for us when my son's stuff was on the floor.

In the end we sold our robot.

stonston

My couz is a SAHM and she swears by her robot vaccum. I think she bought it for $400++. She was praising it on FB and she totally loves it.
I think her kids are older so there's not much small items lying around.

She told me that before she bought it, she had to sweep daily and mop daily.
After using it, she only mop once a week. Don't even need to sweep!
& she's very used to a very clean house cos they had maid previously, so I think it should be quite good considering she has 3 kids to manage :)

I think she mentioned that she bought from someone who went to her house to demo the different models (there's one that can even auto mop) then they decided from there.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I have not used it before but planning to buy for my new place :)

Seems pretty cool just have to make sure your place is designed in a way that it wont get stuck easily.

I believe the original maker is iRobot Corporation: Home Page and there are more and more replica from Taiwan/China/Korea

tjunhian

I have not used it before but planning to buy for my new place :)

Seems pretty cool just have to make sure your place is designed in a way that it wont get stuck easily.

I believe the original maker is iRobot Corporation: Home Page and there are more and more replica from Taiwan/China/Korea

Cheap Robot Cleaner, kindly visit Robotic Vacuum Cleaner CP-M320 similar to iRobot Roomba. It is multifunctional robotic vacuum cleaner( auto vacuum, auto cleaning, auto mopping, auto sterilization)

1. Can be preset to work up to 7 days cleaning time scheduling or self-start after full recharging.
2. Computer navigation system, auto-plan cleaning and auto-charging without manual intervention.
3. It can pick up dirt, dust, pet/human hair and other debris that end up on the floor
4. Automatic Self-Recharging: the cleaner will automatically seek charging docking station when battery is going to run out.
5. With stair avoidance sensors
6. With Elastic Bumper to protect the surface of furniture and wall.
7. With touch-sensitive sensor
8. With Virtual Wall detector to restrict it to clean a specified area.
9. With wireless remote controller to operate robot in different directions
10. With UV lamp to kill the bacteria on the floor
11. Mopping pad at bottom to do mopping while vacuuming
12. Three different cleaning mode: along the wall, straight line, spiral
13. Easily slide out dust in the blind corner, such as behind of bed, desk.
14. Self-rescue system.
15. Infrared sensor at bumper head to redirect the route before collision (1-2 cm)
16. Easy to take out spare parts and replace, removable and washable rubbish box.
17. With error code display function (the user can solve the problem easily)
18. Self-adjusting cleaning head to traverse different floors.
19. The robot will search intelligent charging base for recharging by itself when the power is about to run out.
20. Its compact size enables it to reach and clean under bed, sofa and other hard-to-reach places. (Height must be 9cm above)
21. Wall-Following cleaning function, providing a fantastic cleaning efficiency to the foot of wall and obstacle.
22. Adjustable cleaning speed: slow & fast

Local warranty: 1 year on machine and 6 months on battery.

Last edited:

WilliamHayden

Hello Friends,

A robotic vacuum cleaner, often called a robovac, is an autonomous robotic vacuum cleaner that has intelligent programming and a limited vacuum cleaning system. Some designs use spinning brushes to reach tight corners. The suction power of robotic vacuums tends to be modest, due to their generally being smaller than traditional vacuums and being subject to the power limitations of battery operation. Makers of vacuums such as the Roomba compensate for this by recommending that vacuuming be done daily (or nightly). Indoors spaces that have lots of steps and floor levels can be a challenge, as most robotic vacuums are unable to navigate across multiple floor levels.

Thanks and Regards,
William Hayden

Backless Swivel Bar Stool

kaelynseah

I am using a robot vacuum for my home currently. the retail shop are selling at a very high price. I have one which is at a cheaper price and it works the same as those selling in retail shop. if you interested please let me know I will give u the contact. PM me...