Vaginal Infection

Hi anyone out there having this itchy sensation at the vaginal esp during the nite time? I had this for nearly a week on and off. I got to keep waking up to wash it to ease the itch and burning sensation... Does anyone know how to ease the itch or anything to apply?

apollo

Hi anyone out there having this itchy sensation at the vaginal esp during the nite time? I had this for nearly a week on and off. I got to keep waking up to wash it to ease the itch and burning sensation... Does anyone know how to ease the itch or anything to apply?
u're pregnant rite?? cos pregnant ladies tend to have infection easily.. pls do not apply anything on ur own, go see ur gynae. =)

Hi Regina,

Thanks for the advice. Ya im in my last trimester. Having this irritating itch for days. Im going to c my gynea tml hopefully can cure it before delivery.

apollo

tt time i also infection.. but no itchy no pain.. only got those yellowish-greenish discharge.. went to my gynae and she put some medi for me, prescribe medi, cream and a type of soap to wash.. =) she prescribe me neoderm cream.. but it would be best to consult ur gynae b4 using any..

LoVeS

to reduce tis kind of infection, it is gd to use feminine wash regularly esp when u haf heavier discharge days~

apollo

to reduce tis kind of infection, it is gd to use feminine wash regularly esp when u haf heavier discharge days~
but i read from website and book, it's not very recommend for pregnant laides to use feminine wash??? =)

norfen

tt time i also infection.. but no itchy no pain.. only got those yellowish-greenish discharge.. went to my gynae and she put some medi for me, prescribe medi, cream and a type of soap to wash.. =) she prescribe me neoderm cream.. but it would be best to consult ur gynae b4 using any..

I've had the same yellowish-greenish discharge since 32 weeks onwards. When I saw my gynae for check-up at 35 weeks, we found out that I had urine infection. She prescribed me a week's supply of antibiotics to finish. Now at 37 weeks, discharge is gone.
Its said that its best not to use perfumed soap. Just mild soap will do. Those brands like Lux or the sweet smelling ones can cause further irritation.

MizfitMumma

but i read from website and book, it's not very recommend for pregnant laides to use feminine wash??? =)
Dats wat I heard too. Preggies arent suppose to use feminine wash. I had it too. D doc gave a cream called Candid or sumting. Cant really remember.

Im still using femine wash not knowing I should not use it. I went to my gynea on Sat and she gave me Neoderm cream to apply on the affected area as I do not have any discharge it seems to help.

my gynae didn't prescribe me any oral antibiotics..
just inserted medicine there..
but it still doesn't seem to solve the problem..
infection and discharge still have.. sian..

worried might affect bb.. but gynae say wun..

apollo

my gynae didn't prescribe me any oral antibiotics..
just inserted medicine there..
but it still doesn't seem to solve the problem..
infection and discharge still have.. sian..

worried might affect bb.. but gynae say wun..
my gynae prescribe me a type of supplement.. forgot what's it call alrdy.. but the nurse told me actu can drink yakult often to prevent all thes infection..

apollo

Is it yakult can help? I din drink yakult since im pregnant. Maybe can try...
i think can ba.. if not the nurse wont ask me to drink yakult ast i finish the supplement.. even IF it does not help also no harm drinking.. i did ask my gynae b4 if it's safe to drink yakult during pregnancy, she say safe, and quite good and healthy too.. but if u're like me, drink everyday will get cough & get phelgm easily, den better ddrink few times a week will do.. hehe:tlaugh:

before pregnant i drink daily cos my DD love it so I drink wif her. Now only drink when feel like having it. Think I should continue drinking.

Triquetra

May I ask how is the test for vaginal infection done? How long does it take to get the result?

I've been feeling a tingling sensation since almost a week ago, not exactly itchy but kinda like ticklish.

I did an urine culture test when I told my gynae that I suspected urinary tract infection. Do they also test it for vaginal infection? Called the hospital this morning and was informed that the result is negative but I am still having this irritating sensation that's impossible to ignore.

I'm thinking of going to the polyclinic tomorrow, should I?

jasobias

May I ask how is the test for vaginal infection done? How long does it take to get the result?

I've been feeling a tingling sensation since almost a week ago, not exactly itchy but kinda like ticklish.

I did an urine culture test when I told my gynae that I suspected urinary tract infection. Do they also test it for vaginal infection? Called the hospital this morning and was informed that the result is negative but I am still having this irritating sensation that's impossible to ignore.

I'm thinking of going to the polyclinic tomorrow, should I?
Tests for vaginal infections r done by swabing ard the vagina.Its usually a culture so results take at least 3-5 working days.As long its not itchy or not an infection.When i was pregnant the lasttime i got this nagging itch..n like my dr said it only went away after delivery!!