Vent-JDM Agency...Just my luck

angels

I feel they are not employer friendly. One single doc also need you to bring it down to their office instead of them getting someone to drop by my office/house. Come on...they should have runner or boss on the run while we are working! And cannot wait one ok....When counselling the maid on the phone, when it's not effective, asked me to bring the maid to their agency else they cannot help!

stonston

u mean this is a maid agency? and they needed doc from u but u had to go down during work hours to pass to them?

angels

Yah....where got time to bring down. Angry...cos my maid did not finish contract and wants to go home after 9 months. Maid agree to pay the flight from Manila to hometown. But agency make me pay her ticket from SIN to her hometown say its the MOM rule. Everything MOM, MOM. Say I don't pay they don't book ticket and she cannot go home.

stonston

from wot i understand, if the maids break contract they gotta pay for their own ticket home? in this case, i'll jus return her to the agency n let them handle.

my experience with my agency was quite pleasant. if they need documents from us they'll open later to wait for us or sometimes they'll ask the driver to pick it up from us.

Yah....where got time to bring down. Angry...cos my maid did not finish contract and wants to go home after 9 months. Maid agree to pay the flight from Manila to hometown. But agency make me pay her ticket from SIN to her hometown say its the MOM rule. Everything MOM, MOM. Say I don't pay they don't book ticket and she cannot go home.
Than you should just buy her Sin-Manila ticket and don't get the agency involved. Are they charging you extra for the service?
Last time I sent my indo maid back before she complete contract I made her sign the agreement (black and white) than you keep 1 copy and she keep 1 copy after that I bought her ticket Sin-Jakarta only. The rest of the journey its her part already.

angels

Vent-JDM Maid Agency...Just my luck

I feel very frustrated like being bullied by them. Cos they say your maid got problem don't buy ticket and send her back. Bring her back to the agency we counsel her and book the ticket for you and settle everything for you. What you will normally understand is that they will "settle fully" for you right?
Now they say MOM say it's the employer responsibility(this I understand). We book but you have to pay! I took half a day leave to send her to the agency and now they even say I pay $60 for them to send her to the airport. I told them contract states that I pay till Manila but the say MOM again says to their hometown! If I just book her ticket then and took half day leave to send her to the airport, the airticket is much cheaper and I do not have to incurred extra right? I feel they never consider the employer point of view as I pay $700 to bring the maid in. Now pay another $350 to send her back!

I got NO CHOICE but to comply cos I am paying for the levy now for 2 maids and they say if I don't decide fast, I may have to pay for the food and lodging of $12 per day! Really helpless and feel like crying.

angels

from wot i understand, if the maids break contract they gotta pay for their own ticket home? in this case, i'll jus return her to the agency n let them handle.

my experience with my agency was quite pleasant. if they need documents from us they'll open later to wait for us or sometimes they'll ask the driver to pick it up from us.
You are lucky that your agency pity employer when the maid break contract and wants to go back. Not this agency. Luckily I did not take a new maid from them else it's a duplicate problem again if my maid don't work out. Everytime they will say " you come down and settle lah ok? Come down after work/tomorrow" As if I after work don't need to care for the kids cos this maid does not bother about my kids. She just let them sit and rot if I'm not home.

veronica

I think most agencies do not provide home service as far as I know. If they provide, their agency fee will be higher as they factor all these service inside liao.

For my agency, we also have to go down to do every single documents. But as stonston mentioned, usually they will try to wait for us if we are late. That's why I usually find an agent near my place.

I also heard as long as if the maid insists of going back herself, the airfare should be borne by them. Can you imagine if we take in 3 maids, all maids said they want to go home after few months, we have to spend more than 1k on their tickets?? Like that we suay or they heng?? Come here to try their luck, not happy want to go back but employer pays??

Doesnt make sense leh..

angels

Actually MOM really states that it's the employer responsibility if the maid wants to go back and also the maid have the right to transfer and we can't just send them back unless there's something very wrong with the maid eg. stealing. Most agency will make the maid pay if they wants to go back like what Veronica mentioned. But this agency will stress that MOM says this and ...MOM says that ......go by the book. How can you argue???

So pray that your maid request from transfer instead of going back if you take a maid from them lor...Then they earn one month of loan repayment from the maid and we don't have to pay for their airfare.

Last edited:
S

str@wb3rry's

Than you should just buy her Sin-Manila ticket and dont't get the agency involved. Are they charging you extra for the service?
Last time I sent my indo maid back before she complete contract I made her sign the agreement (black and white) than you keep 1 copy and she keep 1 copy after that I bought her ticket Sin-Jakarta only. The rest of the journey its her part already.
Hi Elaine

So when we send the maid back just need to buy air tics no need get transport for them to go back their hometown? Coz last time when i told my maid she say i have to buy the bus fare for her also to reach her hometown...

MsKoh1973

U can buy airticket online, like air asia, much cheaper. If u go agency, they charge u admin fees.

I never choose an agency that open during office hour, cos I never want to take lv, as for documents, I tho most doc u fax to them can liao, unless miss out on Signature.

Every maid agency sure got some prob, my tat one also vomit blood, I called them wrt the permit, they told me the staff who deals with me is on lv, so they can't do anything, must wait for her to come back a week later, even simple question I asked they cannot answer. Try to choose those case trust ones, so that if u really angry, then write to case.

Most maid agency r suckers, they will be very frenly with u at first, once u paid the money, the end, u must let them know u will go to great lenght to sabo them if they are wrong, actually sometimes I found them quite stupid, cos those pp who wk in agency r usually quite lowly educated except for one or two support staff, they don't even noe how to surf the MOM website which I tho is their rice bowl. So on the account that most idoits work at maid agency, pls forgive them if their EQ not high enough, if they are stupid, if they cannot follow up things probably. Think most of them dont even have PSLE cert, u should noe when u talk to them......

stonston

MsKoh, fortunately my experience with my current maid agency has been good. No doubt I've got bad maids (i mean, this really depends on luck right?) from them but they did help me find another maid ASAP without any question.

I've been to an agency tt charges exhorbitant prices only to be extremely disappointed. They did not fulfil their end of the contract and insisted it's my fault. They only refunded my money after I threatened to complain to the media.