Very yellow milk - becos i took multi-vit?

isabelandrew

Anyone mummy is taking pre-natal multi-vitamins?

I took 2 today. My gynae told me to do so to 'take care' of myself while breastfeeding. the content contains vit B which your urine will be very yellow.

I just pumped my milk - very yellow!!

Gees - can baby still drink or not??

snowbear

I've been taking multi-vit for pregnant and nursing mummies for quite a while. I never really pump out my milk recently but so far my dd has been drinking it and no issues so far.

diymummy

If you're not taking anything other than the multi-vit that might cause the milk to become unsafe, it is ok... My milk was slightly green in colour... I was also taking pre-natal vit from my gynae when I was breastfeeding. It's impt to take the vits as a lot of food we consume now will not be able to replenish nutrient stores efficiently

apollo

same as diymummy, my milk was greenish color and sometimes it is v greenish... my hubby was so scare and asked me to throw away the milk -.-""" but of cos i didnt haha

Lynnie

Hi Isabelandrew,

You took 2 multi vits? Everythings ok w you?
I used to take the Obimin, but had to stop coz i'm very constipated after delivering my baby, and my GP asked me to stop or to take the pre/post natal multi vits on alternate days cos its "heaty"...

meiteoh

I think the colour is not very important. I'm taking lecithin, multivit and calcium supplements. And my milk is still white (has always been white, actually).

When I was pregnant, I wasn't taking any supplements. I had clear colostrum and all my friends had creamy coloured and so forth. I was worried but the Swiss midwives all told me that colostrum can be colourless as well and it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with your breasts. Different people, different body.

Frenchkitty

Dont worry isabelandrew this is no isue at all because Vit B12 is commonly found in Multi-vits (esp those with Vit B-complex groups).. and Vit b12 is aka Riboflavin, which causes yellow urine and breastmilk.

yuiiko

when the first day i pump out the milk it was yellow, i was told that's it's fine.. thereafter slowly it will be white yellowish color.

Hi diymummy,

LOL!!! Good thing you didn't throw away.. So sayang!!! Our hardwork man!! Hehe..

what's that mean ? I don't understand. :0

mummy0001

When i'm still feeding my baby, when i pump its also color yellow coz i take multi, but is far no problem my girl latch as until she feel full.

I also drink multi before but, i cannot see yellow when i pump, maybe it must be better to ask in your doc. maybe not good for the stomach of your baby.