wat do u use to remove nappy rash cream?

joeyz

I would like to knw what do you mummies use to remove the nappy rash cream when you are going to bath your baby. Currently am using the sample bottle from mustela which is pretty good but as it is finishing soon and wonder is there another alternative way to clean off the rash cream?

Another thing, i am using cloth diaper cum bumwear/insert for my boy when at home but lately, i noticed there is rashes at his left/right thigh and even the top of his *p* area. some of the rash even hv the whitish goey in it. Is there anything i can do to help to minimise the rash, i change my boy after every feeding.

CJmom

I use the norm kodomo bath and it works ok. My boy uses desitin (blue) and I find it to be effective for treating rash. I do not apply it everyday cos it contains chemical afterall. Only every other day or when I spot a little redness around his bum area then will apply.

joeyz

I use the norm kodomo bath and it works ok. My boy uses desitin (blue) and I find it to be effective for treating rash. I do not apply it everyday cos it contains chemical afterall. Only every other day or when I spot a little redness around his bum area then will apply.
i am using the desitin blue one and i apply every change, am i applying too much and hence causes the rash? I also use some johnson & johnson baby powder when i change him..

CJmom

No need to apply every day lah.. so your son's skin also can "breathe". Wud not rec to use powder at all. I know olden days we grew up with powder. But they are actually not good because they crystalise when humid (though not visible to our naked eyes) thus causes friction and the small particles fly around when we dust on our little one which is no good for them to breathe in. Goggled up and you can find more details if interested.

I stopped using powder when I found out about it and my boy's PD also against it cos S'pore too humid.

joeyz

No need to apply every day .. so your son's skin also can "breathe". Wud not rec to use powder at all. I know olden days we grew up with powder. But they are actually not good because they crystalise when humid (though not visible to our naked eyes) thus causes friction and the small particles fly around when we dust on our little one which is no good for them to breathe in. Goggled up and you can find more details if interested.

I stopped using powder when I found out about it and my boy's pediatrician also against it cos S'pore too humid.
but the desitin seem to be oily & sticky after i apply at my boy's skin. I apply after change but still having rash and white blister bump. When one area heal, the other arises.. sigh~ dont knw wat else to do.

I thought using powder seem to smoothen the skin and hence i dap some on my boy..

Last edited:

candy_ian

i'm using california baby diaper cream every change n california baby calendula cream at night. Used to use desitin but find it too think then switch to mustela still too think then finally california baby

uddermummy

i seldom use nappy cream for dd, and when i do, i find that it washes off easily with wet wipes and johnson baby top to toe wash.

to prevent nappy rash, try to change the nappies more often, and before bath time, let bb roll about without nappies to air the bum.:001_302:

I change my ger's nappies at least 4 to 5 times a day, and whenever she fusses.

Ting

i just use normal baby soap to wash away..
i seldom use nappy cream, only when needed.
pin seldom hv rashes cos i change her diaper frequently, only once in a while will hv a bit of redness.