Waterbag burst

BB Tigger

Hi mummies

Are there any symptons before your waterbag burst? Does it start off with little drips followed by a gush?

Just saw my gynae last wk and my cervix only dilated 0.5cm. I am 8 days to my EDD and there are no signs of labour. I am really worried :weno:

PinkDiamonds

My 1st pregnancy was induced at 39 weeks 6 days. The morning before went to see gynae was only 1cm dilated. I also didn't have any contractions. It's quite normal for 1st time mummies to have little or no labor symptoms. Just be patient and your little one will want to come out when he/she is ready. Your gynae will also advice you accordingly if you past your EDD.

sunburst

For both delivery my water bag did not burst on it's own & Gynae had to burst for me when in delivery ward.

For my 1st, was only 1cm dilated 2 days b4 I delivered my boy... Was only dilated 2cm when admitted to when I had contractions. Finally 10cm dilated after about 7hrs of labour. As for my 2nd, I was only checked for dilation when I was admitted due to contractions, because my placenta only just clear of cervix... Thankfully I was already 5cm dilated. Within 4hrs I was fully dilated & delivered by 2nd.

BB Tigger

My 1st pregnancy was induced at 39 weeks 6 days. The morning before went to see gynae was only 1cm dilated. I also didn't have any contractions. It's quite normal for 1st time mummies to have little or no labor symptoms. Just be patient and your little one will want to come out when he/she is ready. Your gynae will also advice you accordingly if you past your EDD.
Was your induced labour painful? I heard that induced labour is very painful :wefrown:

BB Tigger

For both delivery my water bag did not burst on it's own & Gynae had to burst for me when in delivery ward.

For my 1st, was only 1cm dilated 2 days before I delivered my boy... Was only dilated 2cm when admitted to when I had contractions. Finally 10cm dilated after about 7hrs of labour. As for my 2nd, I was only checked for dilation when I was admitted due to contractions, because my placenta only just clear of cervix... Thankfully I was already 5cm dilated. Within 4hrs I was fully dilated & delivered by 2nd.
Did you feel any pain when your gynae burst the water bag? I heard that they used a hook-like equipment to burst the water bag :eek:

angelwendy

When i was about to labour... ~ in the afternoon.. i got 1 dot of blood on my pantyliner.. but pantyliner was a little wet too... i tht it was ok.. because i called up KKH.. the nurse say if no pain.. no need come down... then i drag till about 2am.. tummy start to get quite painful.. then at last i cannot tahan then i admit to KKH.. nurse checked & i was 3 cm already... after a while when my gynae came to burst my waterbag... BUT... No water came out...:elvis: my gynae was shock too... he say maybe in the afternoon i already leaking..

STmummy

my water bag burst at 39 weeks 6 days in the early morning, 4am. For me it was a gush of water while sleeping. Of cos got woken up and rush to hospital after that. That was no sign at all. We still scheduled for another gynae visit on the EDD and gynae told us we may have to wait till 41 weeks cos baby was too comfy, but in the end my baby chooses to come on time.

Everyone is different, and when you think back, I suppose it will be nice memory. Jia You!

Last edited:
My waterbag also burst at 10pm.
It gushes down and it was so painful.
I tahan until about 2am.
At first I thought I wanted to just urinate, then,
every one minute I kept going in and out of the toilet.
Then husband said something wasn't right.
When I went to SGH, they said I was already fully dilated,
baby's head wass halfway out....
Im so lucky my baby was okay :(

BB Tigger

my water bag burst at 39 weeks 6 days in the early morning, 4am. For me it was a gush of water while sleeping. Of cos got woken up and rush to hospital after that. That was no sign at all. We still scheduled for another gynae visit on the EDD and gynae told us we may have to wait till 41 weeks cos baby was too comfy, but in the end my baby chooses to come on time.

Everyone is different, and when you think back, I suppose it will be nice memory. Jia You!
You mean you did not deliver on the day your water bag burst but was instead scheduled to visit your gynae on another day?! But I thought once water bag burst, baby has to come out within 24 hours? :err:

BB Tigger

When i was about to labour... ~ in the afternoon.. i got 1 dot of blood on my pantyliner.. but pantyliner was a little wet too... i tht it was ok.. because i called up Kandang Kerbau Hospital.. the nurse say if no pain.. no need come down... then i drag till about 2am.. tummy start to get quite painful.. then at last i cannot tahan then i admit to Kandang Kerbau Hospital.. nurse checked & i was 3 cm already... after a while when my gynae came to burst my waterbag... BUT... No water came out...:elvis: my gynae was shock too... he say maybe in the afternoon i already leaking..
I go to the toilet very often and everytime I go, I urinate alot. That's why I am worried that I may not be aware even when my water bag has burst! :elvis:

BB Tigger

I tahan until about 2am.
When I went to singapore general hospital, they said I was already fully dilated,

Wow, that was fast....you took epidural?

PTB7476

I tahan until about 2am.
When I went to singapore general hospital, they said I was already fully dilated,

that is very fast :elvis: is that your 1st child ?

gnaf21

I go to the toilet very often and everytime I go, I urinate alot. That's why I am worried that I may not be aware even when my water bag has burst! :elvis:
I am having the same concern as you! No sign on my side too that the baby is coming out! I am also scared when I bathe and the water bag burst I also do not know! :p

pkshl

my waterbag burst when i was in office. it really came as a shock to me because i was sitting down when i felt a gush of water flowing out. i was worried, quickly walk to the toilet & i saw blood + water flowing out slowly. i quickly walk back to office, inform my HOD my waterbag burst & took a pad to 'contain' the water , den i call my gyne & my hubby & my mum & i rush down to hospital. it was only when i was at the hospital when my contractions starts to come in.

STmummy

You mean you did not deliver on the day your water bag burst but was instead scheduled to visit your gynae on another day?! But I thought once water bag burst, baby has to come out within 24 hours? :err:
no no.. wat I meant was my baby didnt have any signs of arriving any time sooner or even on EDD, thus we had already scheduled for next appt to be on EDD. But finally baby chooses to come on 39 week 6 days. waterbag burst at 4am. Got woken up cos was a big gush of water. Woke my hubby up, and went to toilet to wash up, another 2 gush of water came out. And had 1 major contraction, plus I was really shivering very badly (think was due to the sudden lost of water). Rushed to hospital and on the way, can feel contractions every 10 mins apart. Delivered baby 12 hours later. :tlaugh:

that is very fast :elvis: is that your 1st child ?
It was super fast. Went in labour at 3:30 AM.
Changed my clothes and they did a check on me to see
how many cm dilated I was.
Then noticed the baby's head and then tada...
Baby got out at exactly 4:30 AM.
And yes, It's my first and the only one :)

Last edited:

PTB7476

It was super fast. Went in labour at 3:30 AM.
Changed my clothes and they did a check on me to see
how many cm dilated I was.
Then noticed the baby's head and then tada...
Baby got out at exactly 4:30 AM.
And yes, It's my first and the only one :)
prior to 3.30am you din feel anything or your threshold for pain is so high until you can just brush it aside ?

prior to 3.30am you did not feel anything or your threshold for pain is so high until you can just brush it aside ?

I have to admit it was very painful of course.
My contractions came every 2 secs.
But because I want to push the baby out,
I remained strong.
BUT I fidgetted a lot during the whole process.