Waterbag burst

BB Tigger

I am having the same concern as you! No sign on my side too that the baby is coming out! I am also scared when I bathe and the water bag burst I also do not know! :p
You are 1 more day to your EDD! :elvis:

Will you be inducing your labour?

BB Tigger

no no.. what I meant was my baby didnt have any signs of arriving any time sooner or even on EDD, thus we had already scheduled for next appt to be on EDD. But finally baby chooses to come on 39 week 6 days. waterbag burst at 4am. Got woken up cos was a big gush of water. Woke my hubby up, and went to toilet to wash up, another 2 gush of water came out. And had 1 major contraction, plus I was really shivering very badly (think was due to the sudden lost of water). Rushed to hospital and on the way, can feel contractions every 10 mins apart. Delivered baby 12 hours later. :tlaugh:
Oh I see. I did not know that the water from the waer bag can flow out in "stages" :elvis:

BB Tigger

I have to admit it was very painful of course.

My contractions came every 2 secs.
But because I want to push the baby out,
I remained strong.
BUT I fidgetted a lot during the whole process.
Wow, think your pain threshold is very high! Really my idol :notworthy:

BB Tigger

my waterbag burst when i was in office. it really came as a shock to me because i was sitting down when i felt a gush of water flowing out. i was worried, quickly walk to the toilet & i saw blood + water flowing out slowly. i quickly walk back to office, inform my HOD my waterbag burst & took a pad to 'contain' the water , then i call my gyne & my hubby & my mum & i rush down to hospital. it was only when i was at the hospital when my contractions starts to come in.

Were you able to control the water from flowing out, like the way we control our urine?
That is one of my worry - water bag burst in office :embarrassed:
Think it's going to be very messy and embarrassing. So, think maybe I should take leave and stay at home :001_302:

PTB7476

Were you able to control the water from flowing out, like the way we control our urine?
Think it's going to be very messy and embarrassing. So, think maybe I should take leave and stay at home :001_302:

but that is provided you have alot of leave and u can clear them by taking them one month before EDD else hard to predict when you shoudl take leave right :p

pkshl

no, not able to control the water from flowing out. before i put the thick pad on to 'contain' the water, the water was flowing out bit by bit down my legs.

Don't worry abt the embarassment cos u will want yr baby to be safe & sound since waterbag burst.

if u r worry abt waterbag burst, best to take yr maternity leave in advance 1-2weeks.

Wow, think your pain threshold is very high! Really my idol :notworthy:

Hahaha!
Thanks dear :)
But nah, don't say that..
I tahan-ed a lot until my gynae got mad at me for that
cause if my baby happened to stop breathing when the waterbag
had burst long ago, I'm gonna regret my whole life..
So I guess it's your turn now?
First baby?
Congratulations and all the best to you :)
Cheers!

BB Tigger

but that is provided you have alot of leave and you can clear them by taking them one month before EDD else hard to predict when you shoudl take leave right :p
My EDD is 3rd Oct - 4 days more to go. Hopefully, I will get to see my baby by my EDD, then I dont have to take so many leave :001_302:

BB Tigger

Hahaha!
Thanks dear :)
But nah, dont't say that..
I tahan-ed a lot until my gynae got mad at me for that
cause if my baby happened to stop breathing when the waterbag
had burst long ago, I'm gonna regret my whole life..
So I guess it's your turn now?
First baby?
Congratulations and all the best to you :)
Cheers!
Yep, it's my 1st baby and I have been anticipating my labour 2 weeks ago but so far nothing happens! :1err:

Everytime I feel some cramp at my lower abdomen, I get paranoid, thinking it could be contraction.

gnaf21

You are 1 more day to your EDD! :elvis:

Will you be inducing your labour?
Not yet. Still waiting.. Doc say give baby one more week else next we'd might have to induce but so far my fluid are ok and baby weight still ok. See how next week, don't want to induce..hopefully baby can come out naturally...

Yep, it's my 1st baby and I have been anticipating my labour 2 weeks ago but so far nothing happens! :1err:

Everytime I feel some cramp at my lower abdomen, I get paranoid, thinking it could be contraction.
No worries dear.
The baby will come out anytime soon :)
Mine was 38 + 5 weeks.
I got paranoid too at first.
Went to the labour ward but it was a false alarm :p

BB Tigger

Not yet. Still waiting.. Doc say give baby one more week else next we'd might have to induce but so far my fluid are ok and baby weight still ok. See how next week, dont't want to induce..hopefully baby can come out naturally...
Good for you. Just went to gynae yesterday and she said fluid getting lesser so will need to induce if baby doesn't come out within the next few days :eek:11:

On one hand, I am happy since can finally get to see baby. On the other hand, worried coz heard that induced labour is very painful :wecry:

zenmoonflower

My waterbag also burst at 10pm.
It gushes down and it was so painful.
I tahan until about 2am.
At first I thought I wanted to just urinate, then,
every one minute I kept going in and out of the toilet.
Then husband said something wasn't right.
When I went to SGH, they said I was already fully dilated,
baby's head wass halfway out....
Im so lucky my baby was okay :(
Lucky for you! :)

zenmoonflower

I think what you felt are Braxton Hicks contractions - not the ones that come just before giving birth.

zenmoonflower

Was your induced labour painful? I heard that induced labour is very painful :wefrown:
Not if you have an epidural. I'm very scared of pain, so I told my obstetrician I want an epidural. Though, getting an epidural is kind of scary (the needle is so long, and it goes into your spine *shudder*), and the side effects are awful. But better than feeling the tooth-grinding, bone-crushing, insane pain.

zenmoonflower

When i was about to labour... ~ in the afternoon.. i got 1 dot of blood on my pantyliner.. but pantyliner was a little wet too... i tht it was ok.. because i called up KKH.. the nurse say if no pain.. no need come down... then i drag till about 2am.. tummy start to get quite painful.. then at last i cannot tahan then i admit to KKH.. nurse checked & i was 3 cm already... after a while when my gynae came to burst my waterbag... BUT... No water came out...:elvis: my gynae was shock too... he say maybe in the afternoon i already leaking..
Wow, that was scary! Lucky your baby came out fine. :)

Satellite

On one hand, I am happy since can finally get to see baby. On the other hand, worried coz heard that induced labour is very painful :wecry:
I had induced laabour for my first child as I was already 4cm dilated with no contractions. Anyway, I had epidural before the doctor burst teh waterbag so I could not feel any pain when the waterbag was burst.

Also, the epidural was not painful. Just like an ant bite. My colleague's expression and I didn't quite believe her but it was true.

They may have to half the dosage ofhte epidural when it comes time to push so that you can feel the contractions a bit so that you will know when to push. Still bearable.. and I'm the sort who faint during normal injections so if I can do it, I'm sure you can too!

I'm going ot have an epidural for hte second one too (due 23mar 2010)!

BB Tigger

I had induced laabour for my first child as I was already 4cm dilated with no contractions. Anyway, I had epidural before the doctor burst teh waterbag so I could not feel any pain when the waterbag was burst.

Also, the epidural was not painful. Just like an ant bite. My colleague's expression and I didn't quite believe her but it was true.

They may have to half the dosage ofhte epidural when it comes time to push so that you can feel the contractions a bit so that you will know when to push. Still bearable.. and I'm the sort who faint during normal injections so if I can do it, I'm sure you can too!

I'm going ot have an epidural for hte second one too (due 23mar 2010)!
Yep, agree that the epidural was not painful. It was nothing compared to the contractions!

Your 2nd one is a baby boy or gal? How about the 1st one?

Satellite

the 1st one is a boy. the second one is also a boy but will confirm at next appointment - was hoping for a girl wawawawa

anyway no more babies after this!

miracle25

after reading the posts here, I guess I mus standby pads in my bag in case the waterbag burst in office.. currently I'm in my 36 wks.. normal menses pad will do?