weight gain at 4weeks 5days

foreveris

hi mummies,

what the weight gain of ur bb who is on total breastfeed?

birth weight: 3.4kg
current weight at 4weeks 5days:4.2kg (gained 800g)

my gal is drinking abt 100ml bm at 3 hours interval. 4~5 poos per day.
is this normal? my in laws are commenting my bm is not fattening her up. i explained that fm tends to have higher fat content than bm.. any comments?

autumn82

hi mummies,

what the weight gain of your baby who is on total breastfeed?

my gal is drinking about 100ml breast milk at 3 hours interval. 4~5 poos per day.
is this normal? my in laws are commenting my breast milk is not fattening her up. i explained that fm tends to have higher fat content than breast milk.. any comments?
Iggy birth weight : 2.85kg
1mth: 5kg+

He was total bf, drinking 100-120ml @ 3hrly. Yes, your darling is normal. dont't worry too much. :001_302: Ignore the ignorants. I've some friends who bf their babies also super duper big sized type.. So not all bf babies are smaller in size as compared to those on FM. Besides, I think genes matters too. If both of u are slim type.. Most likely baby will also follow suit... :)

CanCanMum

the old pple always think fat babies are healthy babies

which i ddink the build of the baby depends very much on the parents build

my baber is slim and tall although he eats well and sleeps well.....many pple oso commented he is tekko...coz we are both slim parents (last time laaa, now both fat liaoo)

baber oso not the fat fat kind when he is a baby~slightly chubby and above 75th percentile.

as long as your baby is within or above the 75th percentile growth chart its considered good and healthy oredi

foreveris

thanks autumn82, as my gal has the habit of falling asleep at my breast.. got to wake her up to suckle..
I deliberately gave her EBM just to see her intake of milk..

wow, ur bb weight gain is very good :)

foreveris

thanks cancan mum, my hubby is very slim.. I used to be slim b4 pregnant.. i even thought of giving some FM just to fatten her up..

CanCanMum

oh i see~~~

we were both slim parents too~~~ used to be~~~

in fact BM actually contains more fat den FM, so its actually not true tat FM will fatten babies

so i ddink u shd continue bfing your baby~~its the best milk in the world

snowbear

hi mummies,

my gal is drinking about 100ml breast milk at 3 hours interval. 4~5 poos per day.
is this normal? my in laws are commenting my breast milk is not fattening her up. i explained that fm tends to have higher fat content than breast milk.. any comments?
My dd was born 2.43kg. She was 3.5kg at 1 month. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding her. She's also the small and lean type, can't tell from her size that she's already 1 year old. :tlaugh::tlaugh:Hubby and i are small-sized... how big can my bb be? :) Must learn to ignore other people's comments.. Until now i'm still learning. BM is the best milk you can offer so dun even think of offering FM if you've got enuff bm for your child! :)

Frenchkitty

My baby's birth weight: 2.73kg
At 4 weeks: 4.6kg (gained 1.87kg)

he is on BF 90% of the time, with 1-2 night feeds being FM.

Caroltpl

I think as long as during jab time baby doctor will take her weight as long as comments is fine then ur baby is doing well.

My baby gal at birth 3.345kg, 6 weeks she is 4.855kg...im giving her breast milk unless not enough milk from me maximum top up of 1 FM daily...

CanCanMum

My dear daughter was born 2.43kg. She was 3.5kg at 1 month. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding her. She's also the small and lean type, can't tell from her size that she's already 1 year old. :tlaugh::tlaugh:Hubby and i are small-sized... how big can my baby be? :) Must learn to ignore other people's comments.. Until now i'm still learning. breast milk is the best milk you can offer so dont even think of offering FM if you've got enuff breast milk for your child! :)
yeah i saw baby alicia tat day shes quite petite, almost same size as elaine82's xavier~~~lols

apollo

at ard 5 week old, my ds was 4.9 kilo... nw he's 6week, 5.1kilo... i think ur baby is gaining weight well leh... dun wry, i ask my ds's pd before, he said average weight gain for 1st mth is ard 1kilo.. =)

missblue18

hi mummies,

hi my girl's birth weight also same as ur girl 3.4kg and at 4weeks plus she was abt 4.1kg...totally bf too so ur girl is growing well!

now my girl is 4.5mths and weighs 6.4kg...she started some rice cereal at 4mths once a day in the morning n the rest she drinks my bm.

fioncess

I breastfeed my baby on 1 breast for abt 5 to 10 mins and she wan milk again in 1.5hr to 2 hr. she's 18 day old. is it normal???

foreveris

I breastfeed my baby on 1 breast for about 5 to 10 mins and she want milk again in 1.5hr to 2 hr. she's 18 day old. is it normal???
i think its normal.. my 5 week old gal takes about 30 to 40mins (20 to 30 min on one breast then switch) to nurse.. so if ur gal is only drinking for 10 mins, maybe not enough.. try to latch her on for at least 15 min on one breast to make sure he gets the fattier hind milk..

fioncess

ok. But when baby unlatch i did press out abit of my milk to see. It's not fore milk but hind milk. So she shld be getting enough??

foreveris

as long as she is taking in hind milk then its ok. some babies nurse more often.. looks like ur baby is very efficient..