Weight gain during confinement??

minako85

Hi mummies,

I'm curious to knw whether anyone gained weight during ur confinement period instead of losing weight?

And also , if ur tummy shrink back to normal size will ur weight decrease too?

Tks

apollo

for me, i gained abt 9kg during pregnancy and lost 10kg within 2 weeks confinement and tummy shrink back to pre-preg size too.

minako85

I only lost like 3 kg after I delivered ... I gained 11kg during pregnancy. Tts y I'm puzzled hw come I only list tt few kg when other women normally lost 10 kg after giving Birth...

apollo

it depends on individual. i got 2 frens who delivered at the same mth, 1 lost she she gained within a mth, while another is now left with a few kilo more to go. =)

keefu

I gained 11kg during pregnancy and lost 10kg after giving birth. The weight measurement was done 2-3 weeks after I give birth and my tummy has shrink to almost pre-pregnancy size. I'm not sure whether bloated tummy has an effect on weight but remember to drink more longan red dates water to dispense the wind...

decoco

i find myself gaining weight during confinement! so depressing

i'm total BF too..but why i dont see my weight going down, and it went up instead! and i dont snack for sure.. here's my normal meals a day:

breakfast - mummy formula milk + eggs + 1 piece of bread

lunch - mee suan with sliced pork

Dinner - rice + chicken + vege + fish

that's all.. i do feel hungry tru-out the day, especially after BF or expressing, but I will not go eat anything.. at most drink red date water..

is it the red date water that's making me put on weight? why everyone loses weight during confinement but i put on... :(((

and i dont tink any of the mummies who lost weight were exercising during this period right..

tinkerw

Hi, i gain about 1-2 kg during confinement. Was your pregnancy weight gain minimum?

It took me abt a year for my tummy to shrink back to pre pregnancy size.

Your dinner appears abit heavy. Did you add too much salt to your food?
Why dont you try to eat more meat for lunch instead of dinner?

I only have salad and a few mouthful of rice for dinner.

Have a light dinner.

i'm total BF too..but why i dont see my weight going down, and it went up instead! and i dont snack for sure.. here's my normal meals a day:

that's all.. i do feel hungry tru-out the day, especially after BF or expressing, but I will not go eat anything.. at most drink red date water..

is it the red date water that's making me put on weight? why everyone loses weight during confinement but i put on... :(((

and i dont tink any of the mummies who lost weight were exercising during this period right..

keefu

Maybe you can cut down the servings of eggs and rice...

I don't red dates water is the cause cos I drink a lot too... not only can dispense wind, you need lotsa water intake due to thirstiness from breastfeeding...

Carlisle

In order to gain weight after confinement is by eating healthy foods, and have a balance diet, it is also a good sign that your baby i getting all the nutrient she needs.