Went Shichida class but toddler doesn't like it

bladers

daddy: Wow..lilke tat pocket gotta be deep..it wld be nice if mine was real deep!

But again, no obligations rite? I mean, they won't be like hard-selling to you on that day..like telling u must buy to see results etc kinda thingy..?

Daddy D

Alpha Male
daddy: Wow..lilke that pocket gotta be deep..it wld be nice if mine was real deep!

But again, no obligations rite? I mean, they won't be like hard-selling to you on that day..like telling you must buy to see results etc kinda thingy..?
No obligations... but the sch will hint hint "Dun-say-no-results-if-u-never-use-our-materials-for-home-practice" thingy... haha! :p

PinkDiamonds

No obligations... but the sch will hint hint "dont-say-no-results-if-you-never-use-our-materials-for-home-practice" thingy... haha! :p
You know what? After I read this thread I was telling my husband, "Wow 1.5 years old can start Sichida already!"

"Yah yah, next time got money we send our kids there." Alamak, that means I have to be the one to accompany them for all their sessions?!

camom

You know what? After I read this thread I was telling my husband, "Wow 1.5 years old can start Sichida already!"

"Yah yah, next time got money we send our kids there." Alamak, that means I have to be the one to accompany them for all their sessions?!

Atually few mths old can start already

cmk

there's reasons abt the home practice whether be it Shichida method or not.

1. Practicing with your toddler creates/enhances the bond between u [the parent] & the toddler. Your toddler will feel more secure :)

2. Toddlers learn through play and interaction and even materials like toys

3. their attention span is short which explains the fast paced lessons for your 2 year olds

4. Schools even Shichida emphasises on home-school partnership and doing the practices with your child at home will provide that consistent learning for your toddler both at home and school. It'll benefit your child in the long run.

As for your toddler who wants to go out of the classroom, it's good to stay for a few lessons with him/her to show support for him/her.

Daddy D

Alpha Male

Atually few mths old can start already
Yeah... the sch "encourages" parents to sign up their babies early... as babies can "absorb" more during early stages...
But I think the sch also hopes to "absorb" more $$$ from parents bahhh :)
Use your own discretion bahhh... unless your pockets DEEP DEEP :)

bladers

cmk: ya will perservere for the next few lessons hopefully it improves. And I hope my todd will get more used to it..

cmelim: Actually u can start at 3 months. 1.5 months considered ok age..to start..but different children will react differently to 'classroom' enviornment. :nah:

cmeilim

cmk: ya will perservere for the next few lessons hopefully it improves. And I hope my todd will get more used to it..

cmelim: Actually you can start at 3 months. 1.5 months considered ok age..to start..but different children will react differently to 'classroom' enviornment. :nah:

my husband and i are both working full-time, hence it would not be possible for us to commit that kind of time for Shichida's home practices. we certainly hv no wish to 'burden' my parents who are looking after our DS while we are at work, with such intense home practices either. =) i guess looking at the many successful people in life these days, most of them didn't attend shichida or any left brain training programmes per se. so we think our boy will be fine with just the normal enrichment programmes when he grows older, if we find something suitable and that he enjoys. otherwise, the enrichment programme for him will be our own 'Sim Family's' curriculum on weekday nights and weekends, lolz.

don

Alpha Male

cmelim: Actually you can start at 3 months. 1.5 months considered ok age..to start..but different children will react differently to 'classroom' enviornment. :nah:
Hi, Bladers.. be patient.. when i first send my son to Shichida.. its almost the same situation..

Do the anti clockwiseturn on your child back during lesson.. it helps to keep your child focus on the seat during lesson..

do the 5 minutes suggestion when your child is sleeping.. the parenting talk actually teaches you how to bond and use the 5 minutes suggestion..me pay for both myself n wife.. pain..haha and the worst is after the seminar, the carpark is jammed...

cmeilim

Hi, Bladers.. be patient.. when i first send my son to Shichida.. its almost the same situation..

Do the anti clockwiseturn on your child back during lesson.. it helps to keep your child focus on the seat during lesson..

do the 5 minutes suggestion when your child is sleeping.. the parenting talk actually teaches you how to bond and use the 5 minutes suggestion..me pay for both myself n wife.. pain..haha and the worst is after the seminar, the carpark is jammed...

dont, what is the five minutes suggestion?

cmeilim

Yeah... the sch "encourages" parents to sign up their babies early... as babies can "absorb" more during early stages...
But I think the sch also hopes to "absorb" more $$$ from parents bahhh :)
Use your own discretion bahhh... unless your pockets DEEP DEEP :)

i heard from my gf that she paid $3k plus for a year of fees for her dd to attend shichida. this is excl materials such as flashcards. not sure if this incl seminars for parents, and if it's for just once a week, or if it's for weekday or weekend class. i am assuming that weekend classes, being more popular and in greater demand, will cost more.

perhaps daddy d and dont can share info on the fees with other interested mums here.

Mummy to Baby V

My 13+ months old boy just had his first Shichida class in KL last week. We enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next class and the Parent Education Class.

2 weeks before the class, we started home activities to get him used to sitting down for 1-hour lesson.

After only 1 class, I get a lot of teaching ideas and have been doing home practice every day. The boy has been learning very quickly since a few months ago and it is a very good time to start. Better if started him at about 10 months old.

My blog shall be reviewing the programme and sharing our home educational materials over time, so feel free to subscribe for updates. Look forward to your sharing too. :)

bladers

My child still didnt like the class..wanted to get out in 5 mins...sigh.

Whats worse, after class, went to car park can scratched my rims, damn te TPY Hub carpark.sucks.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
U'll learn at the parent training... something like telling/suggest positive behaviour/actions to your kid when he/she's asleep at night (80% asleep I think)... something about the brain being most receptive/active during that time...
Kinda worked... my wifey did that during the initial stage 2.
I never attend the class... so I dunno how to do it properly... usually dun work when I do it :p

i heard from my gf that she paid $3k plus for a year of fees for her dear daughter to attend shichida. this is excl materials such as flashcards. not sure if this incl seminars for parents, and if it's for just once a week, or if it's for weekday or weekend class. i am assuming that weekend classes, being more popular and in greater demand, will cost more.

perhaps daddy d and dont can share info on the fees with other interested mums here.
$3K??? Dunno abt this.... dun make sense to me though...like paying b4 use.... tie up your finance...
I just pay per term (3mths)... abt $780... weekend/day same price bahh... I not sure... cos' mine is Sun class.
Worksheets/homework given free during class... once a while just need to buy additional materials like flash cards/linking memory/blocks, etc...

Whats worse, after class, went to car park can scratched my rims, damn te TPY Hub carpark.sucks.
haha... your car TOO BIG ahh... :p
I stopped parking there liaoo... cos' always no lots... try the HDB basement carpark instead... B2 red/blue zone... nearer... I think same price also... per min :)
Maybe we saw each other there b4... remember to say hi! :p

cmeilim

you'll learn at the parent training... something like telling/suggest positive behaviour/actions to your kid when he/she's asleep at night (80% asleep I think)... something about the brain being most receptive/active during that time...
Kinda worked... my wifey did that during the initial stage 2.
I never attend the class... so I dont know how to do it properly... usually dont work when I do it :p
can ask yr wife what she does and how she do it, and share with us here?

Daddy D

Alpha Male
can ask yr wife what she does and how she do it, and share with us here?
Errr... I did what she did lorrr... just whisper into dd's ear...e.g "You're a good gal... did well in class... make mama very happy... sleep well tonight so you have strength to play 2mrrow...", etc
Maybe my voice not as soothing as wifey's :)
So depending what's the problem u faced with kid... u say the things u want you kid to do... and dun use negative words... e.g. "not...don't...cannot.." etc..
Only do it for 1st year... after that never use liaoo...

Blueimage

Alpha Male
Hi Anyone interested in buying
The Shichida Method Method Basic Pack Inclusive of :

1. Random Dot Card
2. Variety Dot Card
3. Organised Dot Card
4. Language Genius 1 Card
5. My Favourite Genius Card
6. Master of Addition CD and Addition Workbook
7. Are You A Child Handbook
8. 200 pcs A4 size Blank Flash Card
9. 200 pcs A5 size Blank Flash Card
10. Linking Memory Set A ( 1A , 2A, 3A ) With CD

All is Brand New. Only use once on Random dot.
PM me if interested:red:

don

Alpha Male
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Just like what daddy d said before..

When your child is sound asleep,

Talk to your child.
say good things to him.

Hi, this is daddy. daddy love you.
you are a good boy/girl.
Then say the things that you want him/her to do (but only limit to 3 suggestions)
i.e if you want to curb his temper, let him quiet down, etc..

You get the picture?

Last edited:

don

Alpha Male

Can care to share wat behaviour did your child do? Maybe do the 5 min suggestion and say to your child that you can have a lot of friends to play with if you attend classes..

If your child cant sit down properly, stroke his back in an anti circular pattern.. to calm him down.