what are the insurance to buy for newborn?

Newmumi

Hi, can u tell me more about the hospitalisation+rider plan? I need 1 as my son goes to infant care & gets sick very often., the sch now wants everytime to get a FIT letter from the doctor.. I've yet To buy any insurance for my son. Thanks much :)

Hi, can u tell me more about the hospitalisation+rider plan? I need 1 as my son goes to infant care & gets sick very often., the sch now wants everytime to get a FIT letter from the doctor.. I've yet To buy any insurance for my son. Thanks much :)
Hi,

The hospiatlisation is actually an enhancement to the basic medishield which is very minimal. As it is a Hopitalisation plan, it only covers when the insured is warded...but more often then not when it comes to children, the hospitals often play safe and ask them to be warded even when we as parents feel it may not be so serious. My gal had fever late last year and as it was quite high, i brouht her to KK and because she threw up the milk she drank, the doctor advised us to ward her for observation and fear of dehydration. I insisted on bringing her home though, not because i didn't want to incur the hospital bill as she is covered but becuase i didn't think she was in that bad condition.

Anyway, the benefits of the basic hospitalisation plan a lot of detailsso if you are really keen, you can pm me for more details.

Other then that, they offer a rider to avoid out of pocket expenses. if you buy the basic plan alone, 1) there is a fixed amount you have to pay first either by cash or medisave,the amount depends on the ward you choose, and then 2)there is also a co-insurance amount of 10% of the balance after deducting the fixed amount so if you do not get the rider and the bill comes up to a big amount, the 10% will work out t a lot.

Lovey

Hi,

It seems that your plan is quite comprehensive, can you PM me your insurance agent please? thanks!!

Lovey

I just bought a few.

1) personal accident from tenet, if both parents buy baby is free, if only 1 parent buy baby is $25. This insurance is for claims if baby fall down n injured can even claim for traditional chinese medicine, as well as diseases like hand-foot-mouth or food poisoning.
2) medishield one + rider so can go private and not pay a single cents, as baby get fever easily with that i can get doctor to admit her for 1 nite for observation to be safe at private hospital and not worry abt the bills.
3)Life insurance to buy at a younger age is cheaper and because baby is born with no health condition means if anything its claimable. the ins cover CI/TPD/Death for a period of 25yrs plus a clause that if daddy left us suddenly the ins will go on w/o us maintaining.

Planning to get the following when hand not so tight:
1)Endownment
2)investment

So that when she finish her university the loan can be cleared by the endownment.

My insurance agent is a very nice lady with young childrens, she is a Independent Financial Adviser, hence she can sell policy of different company and she will compare the best that can fits our budget. Due to she is also a mummy who wants the best for her kids she came out with the best for my child too=) If you like to get her contact can PM me
Hi,

It seems that your plan is quite comprehensive, can you PM me your insurance agent please? thanks!!

Hi,

i bought a personal accident plan for my gal. Covers for accidental incidents for death, medical reimbursement ,hospital income etc .

It covers for HFMD,food poisoning & dengue fever.3 plans to choose from ,the cheapest one is $9.68 per month.