What are you doing after every feed?

hueychye79

Hi all mummies,

After feed my baby every 3 hrs, I change the diaper and let my baby sleep inside the baby cot.

When he just discharge from hospital he will fall on sleep after I feed him but not sure what happen to him these few days..

His eyes open so big, will cry for pacifier and cannot fall on sleep..

Make me so worry..

Check his temperature is ok.

Is it possible colic?

Can I check with all mummies, will you 'pad' your baby until fall on sleep and put back to the cot?

diymummy

Hi hueychye,

Before my baby turned 1 mth, he's always sleepy. Whenever he is awake I'll switch on the mobile that I attach to his baby cot. This is to train his eyes to follow movement. Young babies can only see 3 colours at birth, black, white and red. So I have a picture book also attached to his cot for him to stare at. We will also sing to him and talk to him.

No I don't pat my baby to sleep. I don't want to him to become "dependent" on me patting so that he can sleep. Now he's 10 mths, he can fall asleep on his own.

apollo

during the 1st 6wekks of ds's life, i dont pat him or carry him to slp.. usually even if he dont fall aslp aft feed, he will keep himself entertained by looking ard. but we will go to him, talk to him, introduce him the family members haha:tlaugh:

Ting

for pin, first few mths she just slp.
well, she could flip at 3 mths so from then if she is not aslp, i will be playing with her.

newbie2009

Hi all mummies,

After feed my baby every 3 hours, I change the diaper and let my baby sleep inside the baby cot.

When he just discharge from hospital he will fall on sleep after I feed him but not sure what happen to him these few days..

Make me so worry..

Is it possible colic?

Can I check with all mummies, will you 'pad' your baby until fall on sleep and put back to the cot?
you might want to change his diapers b4 the feed, so that u will not disrupt his sleeping mood. Most of the time, once the baby is very satisfied with his milk, he will sleep. So if u change his diaper after feed, it might wake him up.

meiteoh

Urm, when Eva was less than a month old, after a feed, I'd carry her until she sleep. I used to change her diapers before but she would poo after a feed so I'd change her after the feed and then carry her while trying to burp her.

Then around 1.5 months or so, she started sleeping on her own so after her feed, we'd burp her and then carry her for a few minutes or put her in her bouncer and then put her in her crib to zzzz.

CanCanMum

Hi all mummies,

After feed my baby every 3 hours, I change the diaper and let my baby sleep inside the baby cot.

Make me so worry..

Is it possible colic?

its quite normal coz Baber oso berri Guai for the past 3-4 days after he is back from hospital...after tat his pattern becomes like tat

i put baber in sarong for the day, so juz rock rock him with a pacifier to sleep....and usually he will fuss a while den fall asleep.

wind in tummies can be part of the reason oso coz its very common for them to swallow air together with their milk intake.

u can feel the forehead, if its cold, means they have wind in tummy. my MIL used to feel baber's back of the ears too......both traditional methods are fine......i find the forehead method more useful....

hueychye79

you might want to change his diapers before the feed, so that you will not disrupt his sleeping mood. Most of the time, once the baby is very satisfied with his milk, he will sleep. So if you change his diaper after feed, it might wake him up.
Newbie mummies, my confinement lady mention that baby used to poo after feeding..

And thats true because my baby use to poo a lot after the feeding.

But sometimes my baby will fall on sleep when when feeding, so the way to wake him up is change his diaper..

My baby don't like us to change his diaper and shout like somebody is abuse him.. :001_302:

hueychye79

its quite normal coz Baber also berri Guai for the past 3-4 days after he is back from hospital...after that his pattern becomes like that

i put baber in sarong for the day, so just rock rock him with a pacifier to sleep....and usually he will fuss a while then fall asleep.

wind in tummies can be part of the reason also coz its very common for them to swallow air together with their milk intake.

you can feel the forehead, if its cold, means they have wind in tummy. my mother in law used to feel baber's back of the ears too......both traditional methods are fine......i find the forehead method more useful....
CanCanMum, my mum also mention the traditional method to check they have wind in tummy...

I don't want introduce the sarong to my baby, just let him sleep in the baby cot..

These few days he always open his eye big big when I put back him to baby cot, carry him will fall sleep again.. :err:

Foxtrot

i used to carry baby to sleep. but now that he got heavier and heavier, its getting harder to carry him to sleep. so i tried putting him in sarong to sleep and few days ago, i started trying to put him in his cot to sleep by himself. it worked! but he woke up an hr later. still trying! =) I'm sure it'll get better!

hakisumi

usually after feed i ll burp him.. burping him takes quite sometime..
my bb usually sleep after eat..afternoon he ll look ard, mil ll chat w him..he look at curtain till he fall aslp...unless got wind in stomach..i ll burp him agn..

very very occassionally i pat his thighs,his eyes half half i stop the motion ler...