What do u most wanted to do after giving birth n confinement?

yann13

There are alots of things wanted to do but cannot do during pregnancy, so wat do u most wanted to do after giving birth? I badly wanna rebond my hair!!

keefu

I think during pregnancy and after birth, the things that I forbid to do are only two things:

Play Basketball in arcade
Eat Sashimi

It's not something I badly missed it a lot but still these are the stuffs I do before I was pregnant. LOL.

werxbabe

Me too! Badly wanna rebond my hair.. Everyday bad hair day..and also I wanna go to the gym.. Been putting on soooo much weight!

angiebaby

So many thing wan to do

1. Go diving! My dive gear grow mushroom alr
2. Go eat sushi drink green tea
3. Drink coke!
4. Drink wine

audi

I can't wait to..

1.colour my hair
2.wear my high heels
3.burn all my fats and fit in all my dresses again

last but not least...go overseas for shopping and holiday!!

counting down.......:we2cute:

keefu

I can't wait to..

1.colour my hair
2.wear my high heels
3.burn all my fats and fit in all my dresses again

last but not least...go overseas for shopping and holiday!!

counting down.......:we2cute:
Actually hair colour and overseas holiday can be done during pregnancy...

Go on a TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :001_302:

also, coke does the opposite of what calcium is doing for us........ during pregnancy, we need ALOT of calcium, so if we drink coke, it actually "destroys" our calcium. something like that. :shyxxx:

Actually hair colour and overseas holiday can be done during pregnancy...
overseas holiday during pregnancy not for everybody...... not if your feeling sick most of the time, in your last trimester, etc.

hmmmm..... also personally I'd rather camp and stay low in SG during preggy - overseas cant be too adventurous (try new food, explore new places), must make sure we know where the O&Gs are in foreign countries just in case...., etc. we're responsible for another LIFE inside us.... I'd rather be guai guai during the 9-10 months :p

eejess

i wan to drink coke too.. but i heard part of the ingredients is made from cough syrup.. dunno how true :wong10:

Mummy to Baby V

I simply wished to have a good night's sleep. Didn't sleep well during pregnancy, delivery took super long, and baby slept through 5 hours at night only at 18 months old. Ha!

BeingSingle

1. drink my fave drink - Vodka Tonic
2. lose all this weight n wear my fave heels again
3. go out for a wild girls night out
4. watch my fave horror films again
5. drink the best bottle of wine i can find
6. drink as much coffee n coke as i want
7. smoke a cigar

Coke is not good coz its too high in Sugar and Caffeine..over 300mg of caffeine a day is considered too much (too much caffeine causes risk of mis-carriage or premature birth) and Coke is more than that. 300mg is 2 cups of regular coffee..but you can try to substitute with Diet Coke. Diet coke does not contain Caffeine but it does contain Aspartame (artificial Sugar rumoured to be a cancer causing agent), so limit it to 1 tiny cup a day?

i am a coffee and coke addict before i became pregnant..so i have been very careful to limit myself to 1 cup of regular coffee in the morning, 1 little cup of diet coke after lunch and 1 cup of decaff in the evening...quite difficult coz i used to drink 1 cup of coffee and/or coke almost every hour!

XenXuan

REBOND my hair, love it when it straight n silky, now is wavy n fizzy.. Not as bad a my 1st pregnancy but cant compare to a rebonded hair~~let alone got dandruff now =(
SLIM DOWN asap to wear back my old clothes or better still,slimmer than b4 Im pregnant!!! hahaha

I simply wished to have a good night's sleep. Didn't sleep well during pregnancy, delivery took super long, and baby slept through 5 hours at night only at 18 months old. Ha!
Unless u have helpers to look after ur baby n u totally need not wake up.. If not, usually new mummies can say goodbye to good night sleep T_T for me, I got my mom n hubby to help, yet I stil haven have much good night sleep in my past 2years =x

1. drink my fave drink - Vodka Tonic
2. lose all this weight n wear my fave heels again
3. go out for a wild girls night out
4. watch my fave horror films again
5. drink the best bottle of wine i can find
6. drink as much coffee n coke as i want
7. smoke a cigar

Coke is not good coz its too high in Sugar and Caffeine..over 300mg of caffeine a day is considered too much (too much caffeine causes risk of mis-carriage or premature birth) and Coke is more than that. 300mg is 2 cups of regular coffee..but you can try to substitute with Diet Coke. Diet coke does not contain Caffeine but it does contain Aspartame (artificial Sugar rumoured to be a cancer causing agent), so limit it to 1 tiny cup a day?

i am a coffee and coke addict before i became pregnant..so i have been very careful to limit myself to 1 cup of regular coffee in the morning, 1 little cup of diet coke after lunch and 1 cup of decaff in the evening...quite difficult coz i used to drink 1 cup of coffee and/or coke almost every hour!
I drank coke during both my pregnancies. A cup of coffee or tea per day as well.

If you're the main caregiver of your baby, it's highly doubtful you'll be able to do No. 3 again. Not so soon anyway. I have not gone for a night out in over 3yrs. Also, if your gal pals are mostly with no kids... expect streamlining of friends to happen. If you plan to breastfeed, you can forget about No. 1, 5 and 6. I have not been to the cinema in ages too and the movies I watch at home these days are Tinkerbell, Curious George, Despicable Me etc so good luck with No 4.

No. 7 is just plain nasty. Don't let your kids catch you at it.

No. 2 sounds good, although flats are my best friends these days. Hard to walk on heels with a kid attached to my hips.

Last edited:

cmeilim

i wan to drink coke too.. but i heard part of the ingredients is made from cough syrup.. dunno how true :wong10:
my hubby also told me this. when he has cough, he will go and buy a big bottle of coke from NTUC to drink. otherwise, he usually doesn't drink coke.

cmeilim

i had been enjoying sashimi and the occasional glass of wine throughout my pregnancy, so no special craving for these two items for me. but i would really love to go back to cycling with my hubby like what we used to do almost weekly during our courtship days. not as often as weekly, but hopefully at least once monthly. unfortunately by the time we resumed our cycling after #1 was born, we only managed to do it once, and then I found out that i got pregnant again with #2. so our dear road bikes have been cold storage since months ago.

hubby and i have hatched this grand plan to leave our toddler and infant at the CCC at my workplace on one or two Sat mornings a month, after my maternity leave, so that we can go swimming at my workplace pool, or catch a movie at nearby cinema, or go cycling at nearby bishan park. precious us-only time!!! wish us luck that we can truly realise this grand plan in the near future!!! =D

BeingSingle

I drank coke during both my pregnancies. A cup of coffee or tea per day as well.

If you're the main caregiver of your baby, it's highly doubtful you'll be able to do No. 3 again. Not so soon anyway. I have not gone for a night out in over 3yrs. Also, if your gal pals are mostly with no kids... expect streamlining of friends to happen. If you plan to breastfeed, you can forget about No. 1, 5 and 6. I have not been to the cinema in ages too and the movies I watch at home these days are Tinkerbell, Curious George, Despicable Me etc so good luck with No 4.

No. 7 is just plain nasty. Don't let your kids catch you at it.

No. 2 sounds good, although flats are my best friends these days. Hard to walk on heels with a kid attached to my hips.
yeah..i know...its wishful thinking on my part..i am planning to breast feed till at least 6 months so i guess most of it is a no can do..

why cant you schedule a baby sitter or someone to look after your baby and take a nite out? i really think its good for mummys to have a day in 2 weeks or a month to do their own stuff..

as for the cigar, my partner and i have this habit of opening a good bottle of wine to celebrate happy occasions..he loves to smoke a good cuban once in a while with the wine and i'd join in too..but i guess with the baby, the nice night of wine and cigar has to be outside instead of at home.. :)

guess we all need to change our lives to let our little bundle of joy in...

Because we realise we can't relax or have fun when our babies are not with us. Who knew our lives would revolve around these two little munchkins. I use to party hard and drink harder. I loved my whisky dry and red wine. We would go have dinner in a posh restaurant and my hubby would order a super expensive bottle of wine. Now I can hardly finish a glass of vino. We take our babies everywhere we go. Even on holidays. My life will never be like what it was pre babies but I don't miss it one bit. It's better now. I have the loveliest gals to hang out and play pretend tea with. Even caught my hubby having pretend tea with my girl one day. Who cares anymore about what I want. It's about what they want now.

cmeilim

hubby and i hv not travelled without our boy with us either. it is a different experience altogether, and i would say, a very happy and pleasant one too, although some adjustment and modification to our travelling style and pace are necessary (eg no more backpacker, shoestring budget, rough-it-out style).