What do you all think?

lisa_ng

But hor sometime i think old ppl saying dont makes senses so still have to consider first before i follow. Ya just got one tip from a mother, she is really cool. Ok she told me brown rice will cause bb consitipation but you have to buy that kind of purley brown rice which dosent mix with anything then you can feed that cos normally outside selling brown rice they mix with other things, for eg i let my bb gal tried Healthy time- oh god she nearly got consitipaion, she poo poo till got blood man you know why? the mother highlight to me this if you not sure pls check it out the supermarket healthy time package it write it contains of 45% iron which iron cause consitipation cos when i was pregnant that time i took the iron pill which it cause me consitipate and the doc told yes it will cause that and ask me to drink plenty of water. So i have throw the healthy time away liao.
ai yo that bad ar.
i giving my girl healthy time cereal oso. so far ok as i don't give daily.
wah i better look out on the package on this iron thing.

true oso.. older generation ideas are a bit out for babies now.
my mum oso agree on this. she oso picking up new tips for modern babies. hehe

chuaeil

on the brown rice thingy, juz share wif u all....when i was a baby my mum used to try brown rice on me....end up oso constipated lols.....so hard stools until my mum gonna dig out the poo wif toothpick lols

tats why i reckon my sonnie gonna inherit my genes liao so no brown rice for him lols

but my brother was ok worh....so everybody different....

juz~my~two~cents~worth~
ya is because the iron that they add in it. is the iron that cause problem not brown rice. brown rice is good but must be pure brown rice. some baby eat the ceral that sell outside one is fine but not most of them so far i heard of problem with brown rice ceral.

chuaeil

ai yo that bad ar.
i giving my girl healthy time cereal oso. so far ok as i don't give daily.
wah i better look out on the package on this iron thing.

true oso.. older generation ideas are a bit out for babies now.
my mum oso agree on this. she oso picking up new tips for modern babies. hehe
yes, maybe is because you don't give it everyday or maybe your bb is fine with it. I learn this news from a mother whom have been thru searching good thing for her son so thought of sharing with you all. her son when young got gastric problem so when comes to food she is very careful and she told me that alot of bb food outside got Vite c to preserve the food and Vite c is too acidic for bb and one name i forgot liao so anyway just share. myself have experience with the iron thing so i know.

Yuki Miaka

oh ok.... cos the old ppl saying sometime dont know how true it is. Cos when they said apple it will turn brown but my apple aft cook it and then puree it then store in the freezer but dont turn brown leh so this part is abt ?? wonder how true is the old saying as in it will cause wind and no more vit etc. thanks for replying.:tlaugh:
after cook no more browning is because you have destroyed the enzyme in apple that cause the browning reaction.

For fruits & vege, if really can, try to freshly made for baby.

Vitamins are very sensitive to heat & thermal shock so try to avoid long heating & freezing.

chuaeil

after cook no more browning is because you have destroyed the enzyme in apple that cause the browning reaction.

For fruits & vege, if really can, try to freshly made for baby.

Vitamins are very sensitive to heat & thermal shock so try to avoid long heating & freezing.
when you said freezing will destory the vitamins but then how come is so propular to store pruee in a freezer especially in the western and all over the world? This is what i dont understand cos i tired to search the ans on internet but cant seem to find any. In fact they said once you freeze it the vitamin will still be there. can you advice more on this? thank you.

snowbear

Hi,
i need some feedback. Do yuo store puree in the freezer cos some said ok to do that some said not ok.
Some said not ok is because bb should not eat overnight food. I need all mummies to feedback
Thank a million. :)

Cheers
Eileen
Hi, I steam/ bake the veg then puree then store in baby cubes in the freezer. You may wanna note that boiling the veg may cause some nutrients to be lost in the water that it was boiled in hence it's best to steam/ bake baby's food.

I defrost the baby cube overnight for use for the next day. Actually cooking then freezing the food preserves the nutrients better than letting that veg sit there for the whole week while you use it a little at a time. If you use the cubes within 2 weeks, it's perfectly fine. :)

chuaeil

Hi, I steam/ bake the veg then puree then store in baby cubes in the freezer. You may wanna note that boiling the veg may cause some nutrients to be lost in the water that it was boiled in hence it's best to steam/ bake baby's food.

I defrost the baby cube overnight for use for the next day. Actually cooking then freezing the food preserves the nutrients better than letting that veg sit there for the whole week while you use it a little at a time. If you use the cubes within 2 weeks, it's perfectly fine. :)
hi,
thanks for the reply.
Yes that what i thought too cos if really not good to let baby eat freeze puree then how brest milk right. hehe... thank you for your advice.

Eileen

snowbear

hi,
thanks for the reply.
Yes that what i thought too cos if really not good to let baby eat freeze puree then how brest milk right. hehe... thank you for your advice.

Eileen
yes, frozen food for baby is often misunderstood as bad food. Actually cooking then freezing the food when it's fresh preserves the nutrients better: something that most people are not aware of. I always get those stares from pp when i say i freeze my baby food. Until now i dun let my mum and mil know that too to spare my ears... :tlaugh:

chuaeil

yes, frozen food for baby is often misunderstood as bad food. Actually cooking then freezing the food when it's fresh preserves the nutrients better: something that most people are not aware of. I always get those stares from pp when i say i freeze my baby food. Until now i dun let my mum and mil know that too to spare my ears... :tlaugh:
Haha....lucky my MIL din said anything, she still said wow so convience. hehe... My best friend screw me up man for that. haha