What do you all think?

chuaeil

Hi,
i need some feedback. Do yuo store puree in the freezer cos some said ok to do that some said not ok.
Some said not ok is because bb should not eat overnight food. I need all mummies to feedback
Thank a million. :)

Cheers
Eileen

lisa_ng

Hi,
i need some feedback. Do yuo store puree in the freezer cos some said ok to do that some said not ok.
Some said not ok is because bb should not eat overnight food. I need all mummies to feedback
Thank a million. :)

Cheers
Eileen
i do make vege purees and minced meat to store in the freezer.
since it will be cook, i personally feel it's alright.
vege i do boil them, use chopper to puree them then store in baby cubes immediately to the freezer.

but for fruits and such which to be consume without cooking, i never tried before. i thought mayb not so good.

now that my daughter is old enough, i do not puree vege anymore.
i cut washed uncooked broccolli into small pieces into baby cubes then inside the freezer. usually i prepare for few days share not over one week.

i read somewhere where frozen pureed are to be consume within one hour after taking out from the freezer. else will be contaminated.
if take out from the freezer to the usual fridge compartment will be within 24hours.

chuaeil

i do make vege purees and minced meat to store in the freezer.
since it will be cook, i personally feel it's alright.
vege i do boil them, use chopper to puree them then store in baby cubes immediately to the freezer.

but for fruits and such which to be consume without cooking, i never tried before. i thought mayb not so good.

now that my daughter is old enough, i do not puree vege anymore.
i cut washed uncooked broccolli into small pieces into baby cubes then inside the freezer. usually i prepare for few days share not over one week.

i read somewhere where frozen pureed are to be consume within one hour after taking out from the freezer. else will be contaminated.
if take out from the freezer to the usual fridge compartment will be within 24hours.
thanks for your reply but for apple i normally cook it then puree it. What they said not good to puree it is because is not good to eat overnight food.

lisa_ng

thanks for your reply but for apple i normally cook it then puree it. What they said not good to puree it is because is not good to eat overnight food.
if it's store in the freezer right after it's cooked, i suppose it's fine.
it is not contaminated.

boiling is a good method as it will retain vitamins & minerals.
some fruits or vege does not freeze well. i won't advise to mix a few together to puree.

chuaeil

if it's store in the freezer right after it's cooked, i suppose it's fine.
it is not contaminated.

boiling is a good method as it will retain vitamins & minerals.
some fruits or vege does not freeze well. i won't advise to mix a few together to puree.
oh ok.... cos the old ppl saying sometime dont know how true it is. Cos when they said apple it will turn brown but my apple aft cook it and then puree it then store in the freezer but dont turn brown leh so this part is abt ?? wonder how true is the old saying as in it will cause wind and no more vit etc. thanks for replying.:tlaugh:

CDL

Just wanted to ask - I made apple puree for my baby girl and she didn;t like it as apple was not sweet enough. I don;t want to add sugar but was thinking of mixing in a sweeter fruit - banana? papaya? Does anyone know whether it is advisable to mix fruits like this or shuold we stick to 1 fruit at a time.

BTW - my baby is just 4 mths old so tryinh puree for the 1st time. Her first puree was bottled sweet potatoes (Gerber) and she loved it but am thinking of making healthier purees at home.

Any comments or ideas?

autumn82

Just wanted to ask - I made apple puree for my baby girl and she didn;t like it as apple was not sweet enough. I don;t want to add sugar but was thinking of mixing in a sweeter fruit - banana? papaya? Does anyone know whether it is advisable to mix fruits like this or shuold we stick to 1 fruit at a time.

BTW - my baby is just 4 mths old so tryinh puree for the 1st time. Her first puree was bottled sweet potatoes (Gerber) and she loved it but am thinking of making healthier purees at home.

Any comments or ideas?
U can try bananas/papayas but not too much coz afraid of phelgm & diarrhoea. Besides that, u can try fruits like honeydew, rockmelon, pears, avocados at this age. :)

If yr DD haven't tried the fruit b4, best is to try one fruit at a time (4 days) instead of mixing in case if she has any allergies.

Hope that helps! :)

chuaeil

Any comments or ideas?
Hi you can mix fruits no problem. But just to let you know banana is not good for constipation.
maybe you can check it out this website is very useful.
Make Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Solid Food Baby Tips, Baby Nutrition & more!

lisa_ng

oh ok.... cos the old ppl saying sometime dont know how true it is. Cos when they said apple it will turn brown but my apple aft cook it and then puree it then store in the freezer but dont turn brown leh so this part is abt ?? wonder how true is the old saying as in it will cause wind and no more vit etc. thanks for replying.:tlaugh:
overnight food i suppose is contaminated food like it's in touch with the air for quite some time or in touch with our saliva. so ar it might turn bad faster.
but for the wind part, i'm quite unsure. i've heard about porridge will casue wind if turns cold. but if heat to boil then cool a bit to feed i personally feel it's fine.

hey, in fact i don't like to puree apple. didn't cook it though.
taste awful after puree. i've tried b4.
use spoon to scrap then feed taste better.

have a look at this website. it does have good inforamtion about freezing baby purees.
Frozen Homemade Baby Food Cubes that Freeze Well, Which baby foods freeze best or good for homemade baby food

it says-
browning is not indicative of rot but of natural oxidization - that is unless you have used rotten fruit to begin with!

lisa_ng

oh seems like you have seen the website. hehe
was doing a search the other day when i saw this website.

in western countries, they would cook the vege and store in the freezer to make them last longer.
in sin weather not like them so har i didn't much follow their guideline for the time frame the food can store in the freezer.

chuaeil

overnight food i suppose is contaminated food like it's in touch with the air for quite some time or in touch with our saliva. so ar it might turn bad faster.
but for the wind part, i'm quite unsure. i've heard about porridge will casue wind if turns cold. but if heat to boil then cool a bit to feed i personally feel it's fine.

hey, in fact i don't like to puree apple. didn't cook it though.
taste awful after puree. i've tried b4.
use spoon to scrap then feed taste better.

have a look at this website. it does have good inforamtion about freezing baby purees.
Frozen Homemade Baby Food Cubes that Freeze Well, Which baby foods freeze best or good for homemade baby food

it says-
browning is not indicative of rot but of natural oxidization - that is unless you have used rotten fruit to begin with!
Hi, thanks for your info. I did checked it out that website. Just to share with you to prevent apple turn brown can try to use a bit of lemon squeeze a bit of juice out in the apple to prevent the apple turn brown cos lemon contain of vit c. vit c will helps to preserve the apple.
Now i din puree the apple liao, i bought a thing that can put the apple in or any solid fruit, food in. It cover with a net then your bb can bite and it wont choke, it helps for teething bb too. You can put the fruits in the fridge to let it a little cold then you take it out a while then you put in the net it helps soothing the bb teeth as well. Something just to share.

chuaeil

oh seems like you have seen the website. hehe
was doing a search the other day when i saw this website.

in western countries, they would cook the vege and store in the freezer to make them last longer.
in sin weather not like them so har i didn't much follow their guideline for the time frame the food can store in the freezer.
But hor sometime i think old ppl saying dont makes senses so still have to consider first before i follow. Ya just got one tip from a mother, she is really cool. Ok she told me brown rice will cause bb consitipation but you have to buy that kind of purley brown rice which dosent mix with anything then you can feed that cos normally outside selling brown rice they mix with other things, for eg i let my bb gal tried Healthy time- oh god she nearly got consitipaion, she poo poo till got blood man you know why? the mother highlight to me this if you not sure pls check it out the supermarket healthy time package it write it contains of 45% iron which iron cause consitipation cos when i was pregnant that time i took the iron pill which it cause me consitipate and the doc told yes it will cause that and ask me to drink plenty of water. So i have throw the healthy time away liao.

autumn82

But hor sometime i think old ppl saying dont makes senses so still have to consider first before i follow. Ya just got one tip from a mother, she is really cool. Ok she told me brown rice will cause bb consitipation but you have to buy that kind of purley brown rice which dosent mix with anything then you can feed that cos normally outside selling brown rice they mix with other things, for eg i let my bb gal tried Healthy time- oh god she nearly got consitipaion, she poo poo till got blood man you know why? the mother highlight to me this if you not sure pls check it out the supermarket healthy time package it write it contains of 45% iron which iron cause consitipation cos when i was pregnant that time i took the iron pill which it cause me consitipate and the doc told yes it will cause that and ask me to drink plenty of water. So i have throw the healthy time away liao.
Huh.. Poor thing.. She got constipated coz of that healthytime brown rice? Paiseh eh, recommend that to u. But my DS eat for 2 months also no problems with his poo, prob suit individuals. *sayang chloe*

chuaeil

Huh.. Poor thing.. She got constipated coz of that healthytime brown rice? Paiseh eh, recommend that to u. But my DS eat for 2 months also no problems with his poo, prob suit individuals. *sayang chloe*
Haha is ok.... i think because she dont drink much water in the first place. Just to share with you i will be getting this brown rice from a mother she help me to buy lah from malaysia, she her own son 7 mths tried liao and very good so she recommend me. is a pure brown rice dont have mix anything one, if you want let me know. from the doc said is good to eat pure brown rice till one year old cos pure brown rice wont cause consitipation but wite rice will. He said feed brown rice till 1 yr old then give white rice. Just to share.

autumn82

Haha is ok.... i think because she dont drink much water in the first place. Just to share with you i will be getting this brown rice from a mother she help me to buy lah from malaysia, she her own son 7 mths tried liao and very good so she recommend me. is a pure brown rice dont have mix anything one, if you want let me know. from the doc said is good to eat pure brown rice till one year old cos pure brown rice wont cause consitipation but wite rice will. He said feed brown rice till 1 yr old then give white rice. Just to share.
thanks for sharing! :) Hmm.. I never give DS drink any plain water at all since 4mths old... He's purely on milk & cereals. Yea, brown rice is good for the body, even us. :) I've a pack of pure brown rice still in the store.. LOL. Wondering when to use it.. :p Currently, my DS stopped cereal for almost 2weeks liao. Been on porridge oredi, so far so good and he enjoys chewing. LOL.

chuaeil

thanks for sharing! :) Hmm.. I never give DS drink any plain water at all since 4mths old... He's purely on milk & cereals. Yea, brown rice is good for the body, even us. :) I've a pack of pure brown rice still in the store.. LOL. Wondering when to use it.. :p Currently, my DS stopped cereal for almost 2weeks liao. Been on porridge oredi, so far so good and he enjoys chewing. LOL.
It mighty be ok for you but most mum having this problem with brown ceral so just to share lor. You got one packet, then let him eat lah good for him ma... dont wait liao...

autumn82

It mighty be ok for you but most mum having this problem with brown ceral so just to share lor. You got one packet, then let him eat lah good for him ma... dont wait liao...

Yea, every baby different ma. :) Soon la, let me test run for 1 mth on porridge 1st. :p

CanCanMum

on the brown rice thingy, juz share wif u all....when i was a baby my mum used to try brown rice on me....end up oso constipated lols.....so hard stools until my mum gonna dig out the poo wif toothpick lols

tats why i reckon my sonnie gonna inherit my genes liao so no brown rice for him lols

but my brother was ok worh....so everybody different....

juz~my~two~cents~worth~