what dried fruits can a 1.5yrs old toddler take?

vonn81

hi, may i know beside raisins or cranberries ( finds it too sweet thou) can a toddler eats as snacks? if using hands right the dried fruits cannot be too sticky eh... cos i my dd doesnt drink alot of water. so i can give her too much baby biscuit. she bowel so hard ....sigh

thanks

stonston

If you buy organic raisins & cranberries, they are naturally sweet, but not very sweet. That's what I buy for my boy when I'm lazy to make my own dried fruits. If you go to organic stores, they have larger variety, dried apricots, mangoes, etc.

When my boy was less than 1yo, I made alot of different types of dried fruit puree so for him. Puree cos he dunno how to chew yet, so it'll still melt in the mouth when stucked on or nibbled on.

Now that he's older, we buy fruits that are in season, dice them & dry them. THe most recent one is dried champagne grapes. They were selling at 1 pun for $3.50! I grabbed 4 puns & ate 1 pun fresh, 3 puns became raisins :)

vonn81

If you buy organic raisins & cranberries, they are naturally sweet, but not very sweet. That's what I buy for my boy when I'm lazy to make my own dried fruits. If you go to organic stores, they have larger variety, dried apricots, mangoes, etc.

When my boy was less than 1yo, I made alot of different types of dried fruit puree so for him. Puree cos he dont know how to chew yet, so it'll still melt in the mouth when stucked on or nibbled on.

Now that he's older, we buy fruits that are in season, dice them & dry them. THe most recent one is dried champagne grapes. They were selling at 1 pun for $3.50! I grabbed 4 puns & ate 1 pun fresh, 3 puns became raisins :)

oh made on ur own?? just sun? no need to add anything? but if my house cannot really get sun? wont it get dirt on it? how many days do u sun? hmm...think i should go and buy those organic ones ya...mango sounds yummy....beside the one u mentioned b4 at tanglin where else i can find?? as long as its organic store? there's one at yishun eh

jtay72

i get Bellamy Organic apple slices from Cold Storage for my son. he loves it and it is a great snack to bring out whenever we go out. maybe you can check it out. i find that the COld Storage downtown carries them.

vonn81

i get Bellamy Organic apple slices from Cold Storage for my son. he loves it and it is a great snack to bring out whenever we go out. maybe you can check it out. i find that the COld Storage downtown carries them.
oh that will be great!! i'll check them out. last week just bought cranberries from organic shop. so damn ex...such small tin cost nearly 10bucks....sigh