what factors will you consider to choose a primary school?

two_cute_babies

I never know that it is so taxing for parents nowadays, to choose a primary school for our precious kids until my boy turned 3 lately.

Must always try to stay within 1km from school to get a better chance, or even better if you are a PV even though it is not guaranteed. Oh mine....... really a headache.

Please give me your thoughts.

What factors will you consider before choosing a primary school?

What is the difference between a SAP school and gifted programme school? I am quite confused.

I will first look at the distance.

Then the pupils

The curriculum and cca etc....

The student care.... some have in house student care

Last time I enrolled my boy in a boy sch that is not near my house..... end up, they told me they do not have sch bus for him cause i stay yishun and sch at hougang....

then i gotta withdrew him and put him into a neighbourhood sch... lucky still got seats....

I didn't regret that cause he don't have to wake up so early..... he can even walk home himself..... also, they have an inhouse student care where he just need to walk down from his class to the centre.....

Cause now adays, kids have cca and they need to go back sch at 3pm or so till almost 6pm...... very tiring.... and troublesome for parents if no sch bus or no time to fetch....

Those famous pri sch they drill kids a lot... a lot of homework and tougher also....... so if u are not prepared for that, then better dun take it

myangela

I never know that it is so taxing for parents nowadays, to choose a primary school for our precious kids until my boy turned 3 lately.

Must always try to stay within 1km from school to get a better chance, or even better if you are a PV even though it is not guaranteed. Oh mine....... really a headache.

Please give me your thoughts.

What factors will you consider before choosing a primary school?

What is the difference between a SAP school and gifted programme school? I am quite confused.

Huh! My gals is going to be 3yrs next yr so tt means i've to start looking for Pri school 4 her!!! Gosh! Is it true tt if u r gettin ur kid to attend ur former Pri school the chances r better? Which one need to ballot within 1km or outside 1km fm home?

priscilla

1. The distance
2. The CCA and special programmes
3. The school reputation, the students and the staff

We have choose a school near our place in Singapore which I have visited and currently doing my pv even overseas and over here in Australia, I have visited the school, talked to the staff and observe the students.

cute_baby

Alpha Male
Hi,
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
To me, the most important factor is:The Feeling
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]I'll always trust my instincts. If a place feels right, that's important. Similarly, if it just feels wrong, no matter who wants you to go there or how good it looks on paper, it probably is. Visit the primary you're interested in, and see how you and your kids feel walking around the campuses. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

CanCanMum

School must be near to my mother's place bcoz they hv to pick him up fr sch everyday. But how good the sch is (reputation) is also a consideration, dont wan ds to mix w bad company.

shopaholic

Most important thing is the distance. It makes the logistics of fetching and sending the child to school a whole lot easier. We hv not really decided to send my daughter to a school near inlaws or near home, but we are seriously considering to shift near inlaws so that it makes things easier.

Then of course, we also look at the school reputation. Other things like whether the school has won any awards, single/double session, CCA also plays a part.