What fish can be eaten daily or often for toddlers?

Ting

mostly give her threadfin n salmon.
hmmmm i know one type of fish my dad always cook, but i dunno the name..
its usually slice into like diamond shapes n ppl will deep fry them..
yummy yummy!

Oppsgal

I always buy the smaller greyish type cos more flavourful. I asked the fishmonger before, he says this greyish one comes from the waters in Malaysia. The big white ones come from China/Taiwan. It depends on how your baby likes it. Some people find the greyish type fishier. I followed the aunties, they always buy the small greyish ones to cook with spinach.

Not my mom, my friend's mom. :001_302: But I ever tried once. I find it very tedious cos gotta rinse till clean, take off the heads and innards before drying with paper towels, dry roast them using a wok w/o oil then grind and keep in airtight bottle. I think the time is approx 5-10 min, depending on the qty you have and how hot the pan is. My way of gauging is when they start "jumping" in the pan.
Roast in wok with no oil won't be like turn out black charcoal? Never try that before... Buy those so small ones that no need to peel one easier. Dried, white and small ones.. Maybe just wash and boil then throw into porridge. Not sure can work though as haven't try before.

camom

Roast in wok with no oil won't be like turn out black charcoal? Never try that before... Buy those so small ones that no need to peel one easier. Dried, white and small ones.. Maybe just wash and boil then throw into porridge. Not sure can work though as have not't try before.
No, don't on the flame and heat till smoking hot. Just roast over medium to low fire.

I don't boil the dried ikan billis or dried silver fish for stock for my toddlers cos they've been cured with salt. I will only use the fresh version to cook porridge with.

To make soup stock with the dried version for family consumption, I will soak and wash to remove the salt and impurities. Then dry roast it over a pan to dry the fish out. Add some oil and fry till fish is fragrant. Remove the fish, put into a disposable soup bag and place this into boiling water to boil for at most 20 min. Then fish out the entire bag and retain only the stock.