What food should I offer to my 8mths bb???

Shane

My girl is feeding on Nestle Rice Cereal & porridge now. I have not start to introduce other food or fruits to her. At this stage what kind of food baby like most??? Any one can share what receipe you prepare for your baby???
I would appreciate that...thanks in advance! :001_302:

apollo

My girl is feeding on Nestle Rice Cereal & porridge now. I have not start to introduce other food or fruits to her. At this stage what kind of food baby like most??? Any one can share what receipe you prepare for your baby???
I would appreciate that...thanks in advance! :001_302:
what porridge is she having now? plain porridge??

u can let her try pumpkin, tofu, potato, egg yolk (NOT white), papaya, kiwi, apple puree.. but dun forget the 4 day rule. intro new food one by one. intro 1st food on mon, den observe for 3-4 days to see if she has any allergy reaction, if everything is okay, 3-4 days later can intro her another new food.

Shane

She is having dried scallop with porridge now & she loves it! I guess because I put too much scallop in it that’s why it is so tasty.
Is it good for bb? OR is better we give them blend food with light taste?
Maybe I could try egg yolk, pumpkin with porridge next time…
Btw, when I prepare cereal for my bb what other ingredient can I add in? Do you give your bb cereal?

P.S: Thanks!!! I will remember the 4 Days Rule~

apollo

She is having dried scallop with porridge now & she loves it! I guess because I put too much scallop in it that’s why it is so tasty.
Is it good for baby? OR is better we give them blend food with light taste?
Maybe I could try egg yolk, pumpkin with porridge next time…
Btw, when I prepare cereal for my baby what other ingredient can I add in? Do you give your baby cereal?

P.S: Thanks!!! I will remember the 4 Days Rule~
i dun encourage dried scallop for 8mth old. my 15mth old has not try dried scallop porridge yet. and yes, it is VERY salty. by introducting such salty food at young age, in future she will demands a even saltier food.

i used HOMEMADE stock for ds's porridge. i will boil the chk bones for hours den pour it into those ice cubes (with lids) den cover up and send to the freezer to freeze it. aft freezing, pop out the cubes into freezer bag. i keep in feezer for 1 mth max. each time throw in 2-3 cubes into the porridge.

for cereal, i only add water or milk.

sunburst

Instead of using scallops, I would recommend silver fish.
Wash the silver fish, dry it then dry-fry it until it's really dry... Then use a blender to blend it till it's very fine & powder like. You can do this in bulk & keep it in the fridge. When cooking porridge, you can add some to the porridge... Very tasty & has plenty of clacium too!

Shane

i dun encourage dried scallop for 8mth old. my 15mth old has not try dried scallop porridge yet. and yes, it is VERY salty. by introducting such salty food at young age, in future she will demands a even saltier food.

i used HOMEMADE stock for ds's porridge. i will boil the chk bones for hours den pour it into those ice cubes (with lids) den cover up and send to the freezer to freeze it. aft freezing, pop out the cubes into freezer bag. i keep in feezer for 1 mth max. each time throw in 2-3 cubes into the porridge.

for cereal, i only add water or milk.
Oh Dear! No wonder she loves it so much. Think I got to stop giving her that.
U use only chicken bones to prepare the stock? Can I add in carrot or vegetables? I would like to try what you have done like making homemade stock and freeze it in the fridge. This will save me a lot of time! I will do it this weekend!!!
Pardon me if I ask too many questions. I am at a learning stage now. Thanks for your useful comments! :)

Shane

Instead of using scallops, I would recommend silver fish.
Wash the silver fish, dry it then dry-fry it until it's really dry... Then use a blender to blend it till it's very fine & powder like. You can do this in bulk & keep it in the fridge. When cooking porridge, you can add some to the porridge... Very tasty & has plenty of clacium too!
Silver fish? Is this Ikan Bilis? Haha! Sorry.. I just started learning how to cook for my girl and have no idea what this is.
Where can I buy this? NTUC?

apollo

Oh Dear! No wonder she loves it so much. Think I got to stop giving her that.
you use only chicken bones to prepare the stock? Can I add in carrot or vegetables? I would like to try what you have done like making homemade stock and freeze it in the fridge. This will save me a lot of time! I will do it this weekend!!!
Pardon me if I ask too many questions. I am at a learning stage now. Thanks for your useful comments! :)
for carrot, i usually make it into puree when ds was young. steam the carrot/pumpkin/veg, then blend it, pour into ice cubes (with lids) and send to the freezer. same as making stock.

i also use ikan bilis to make stock. and only recently i use yellow beans..

Silver fish? Is this Ikan Bilis? Haha! Sorry.. I just started learning how to cook for my girl and have no idea what this is.
Where can I buy this? NTUC?
silver fish and ikan bilis is diffe. yes u can get from supermarkets.

Eileen1212

for carrot, i usually make it into puree when dear son was young. steam the carrot/pumpkin/veg, then blend it, pour into ice cubes (with lids) and send to the freezer. same as making stock.

silver fish and ikan bilis is diffe. yes you can get from supermarkets.
I use green spinch vegetable to cook with porridge, chop the vegetable to very fine put it inside the porridge. you may also use carrot or potato. My son likes it alot.

AugBoyz

HiHi~ Oh yes! wolfberries is good~
Where do you buy them? In those chinese herb shop? How do we handle them? Wash or boiled with water to kill the bateria?
can buy them from supermarket which may be a little bit pricey for a packet or buy fm Chinese Medical Hall where u can buy it cheaper and bigger packet.

Rinse with water then throw in to cook. You can try letting ur ger eat this but most likely she will swallow it n then pass out in her motion since she does not have teeth to chew it.

Shane

can buy them from supermarket which may be a little bit pricey for a packet or buy fm Chinese Medical Hall where u can buy it cheaper and bigger packet.

Rinse with water then throw in to cook. You can try letting ur ger eat this but most likely she will swallow it n then pass out in her motion since she does not have teeth to chew it.
Thanks plenty! Think I would prefer to buy from medical hall..
Just to check, wolfberries wont cause any allergy right?
Heee~ my girl is 8mths and 4 tooths is visible..very fast! But she just swallow all her food, has been teaching her to chew & desmonstrating to her but she still cant chew.

duckiemom

for carrot, i usually make it into puree when dear son was young. steam the carrot/pumpkin/veg, then blend it, pour into ice cubes (with lids) and send to the freezer. same as making stock.

silver fish and ikan bilis is diffe. yes you can get from supermarkets.
hey apollo,
I like to ask you what did you feed your bb when 5months old? My Belle has turned 5 mths and i am thinking of introducing semi-solids to her. Not sure what to give :embarrassed: A fren told me to get Heinz rice cereals (coz no added sugar) but i can't find it at Cold Storage, i even tried Jasons market place ;p

AugBoyz

Thanks plenty! Think I would prefer to buy from medical hall..
Just to check, wolfberries wont cause any allergy right?
Heee~ my girl is 8mths and 4 tooths is visible..very fast! But she just swallow all her food, has been teaching her to chew & desmonstrating to her but she still cant chew.
it should not cause any allergic reaction but still monitor after you give to her.

Shane

hey apollo,
I like to ask you what did you feed your bb when 5months old? My Belle has turned 5 mths and i am thinking of introducing semi-solids to her. Not sure what to give :embarrassed: A fren told me to get Heinz rice cereals (coz no added sugar) but i can't find it at Cold Storage, i even tried Jasons market place ;p
I give bb Nestle White Rice & Brown Rice Cereal. I have tried myself & it taste good.
Have not tried Heinz products yet. Let me know the comment after u have tried. ;)

duckiemom

I give baby Nestle White Rice & Brown Rice Cereal. I have tried myself & it taste good.
Have not tried Heinz products yet. Let me know the comment after you have tried. ;)
Thanks Shane mommy :Dancing_wub:
Will tell you after i managed to find it :001_302:

apollo

hey apollo,
I like to ask you what did you feed your baby when 5months old? My Belle has turned 5 mths and i am thinking of introducing semi-solids to her. Not sure what to give :embarrassed: A friend told me to get Heinz rice cereals (coz no added sugar) but i can't find it at Cold Storage, i even tried Jasons market place ;p
ds started semi solid at 5.5mths. and was only on 1 meal cereal per day. nth else. at 6mth old i intro him porridge, pumpkin, carrot, and threadfin. actu for threadfin fish, not reco to give at 6mth old, cos is consider seafood.

nowadays cant seems to find Heinz plain cereal ard SG. u may try Healthy Times or Happybellies.