What food should I offer to my 8mths bb???

sunburst

I think buttersquash is pretty similar to pumpkin.
Zucchini is delicious when stir fried, not sure how to cook for porridge though.
Broccoli is high in iron, but it is also a wind causing food so not too much if bb is gassy.

AugBoyz

I think buttersquash is pretty similar to pumpkin.
Zucchini is delicious when stir fried, not sure how to cook for porridge though.
Broccoli is high in iron, but it is also a wind causing food so not too much if baby is gassy.
oh broccoli causes wind? but seems ok with my monster, but then again he is a rubbish bin, will eat any food tt u feed him :001_302:

Shane

Yes. I read this from online saying Broccoli causes wind, bb should not tk much.
Do u all give bb baby biscuits? Any good recommendation?
Currently, I give Baby Bites Carrot & Chicken flavour (I tasted & is good).

meiteoh

You can cook zucchini with other veg, then puree it and add to porridge. On the gassy broccoli, it has never been a problem for Eva. She *loves* broccoli, especially with rice. :)

trine

you can also try cheese. but get those plain ones. my baby is kinda addicted to it now. he is sooo into anything that tastes like cheese, a little spicy and salty. i am holding off giving salt or sugar for as long as possible - but when he doesn't want to eat i got no choice but to sprinkle some cheese or a teeeeny bit of salt over his food and he will gobble everything up.

for ideas on homemade baby food, i always go to this web - wholesomebabyfood.com. i love their site, a lot of great resources on baby food and recipes!

AugBoyz

you can also try cheese. but get those plain ones. my baby is kinda addicted to it now. he is sooo into anything that tastes like cheese, a little spicy and salty. i am holding off giving salt or sugar for as long as possible - but when he doesn't want to eat i got no choice but to sprinkle some cheese or a teeeeny bit of salt over his food and he will gobble everything up.

for ideas on homemade baby food, i always go to this web - wholesomebabyfood.com. i love their site, a lot of great resources on baby food and recipes!
not sure how old is ur boy but if he is below 3 yrs old try not to give too much salt. Maybe you can put in the cheese only instead, some cheese are slightly salty too.

meiteoh

On the note of cheese and salt, I think I shared this in another thread but forget where liao.

Avoid cheese slices like Kraft or Laughing Cow because those are made from leftover hard cheese which is then melted down, mixed in with milk, more salt and flavouring before finally going into process of turning them into slices. They are what is known as processed cheese and usually quite salty. A good way to describe them is basically think of stuff that you cook, prepare, chewed and then spat out, recooked and packed nicely to give to your baby. :(

Pick natural cheese blocks like Cheddar, Edam, Gouda and so forth. Remember to read the label and opt for those that have a sodium count of 680mg per 100 gms and less. Readings that are higher are usually cheeses like Feta and Parmesan (I think).

I actually don't use salt in any cooking and if Eva is being particularly good or is teething, I'll give her some cheese (not more than 1 tbsp per meal - most of the time it's 1 to 1.5 heaped tsp; I usually buy blocks and grate them myself) mixed in with pasta or veg. It's already salted (all cheeses are salted - even cream cheese! - it's part of the manufacturing process) so no need to add more salt. Too much can wreak havoc on the kidneys.

Last edited:

Shane

Yup! I also visited wholesomebabyfood.com. Its has lots of info on baby food! I gain all my knowledge there. :)
Can my 8mths yr bb tk cheese?

meiteoh

If your baby has taken yogurt, then yes, you can intro. But otherwise, would recommend that you intro yogurt first as it's easier to digest compared to cheese.

AugBoyz

hi shane, dun be too eager to give every thing to ur ger, take 1 step at a time or in this case 1-2 type of food at a time. I only started to be adventurous with food when my monster turn 1 n a half or so coz by then I know he knows how to chew his food (thou no molars yet)

I usually buy Laughing Cow cheese cubes for my monster, slice cheese is only for me to add into my instant noodles lol. I bought a packed of Parmesan to add into my monster's pasta but one mouth n he look at me and say ever so sweetly "i think the cheese is abit yucky" =.= then cont to finish all the pasta lol

Shane

hi shane, dun be too eager to give every thing to ur ger, take 1 step at a time or in this case 1-2 type of food at a time. I only started to be adventurous with food when my monster turn 1 n a half or so coz by then I know he knows how to chew his food (thou no molars yet)

I usually buy Laughing Cow cheese cubes for my monster, slice cheese is only for me to add into my instant noodles lol. I bought a packed of Parmesan to add into my monster's pasta but one mouth n he look at me and say ever so sweetly "i think the cheese is abit yucky" =.= then cont to finish all the pasta lol
It feels so good to prepare food for bb and watch her finish them all.
Dont worry will try go on a slow pace.

I have friends who put cheese into instant noodles too. Although I do not hate cheese but I dare not tried, seems yucky! I cant imagine my Korea Kimchi Noodles mixed with cheese.. *Puke HEEEE

sunburst

I also buy laughing cow cheese cubes for my boy... He used to like it a lot but of recent he doesn't want any. Is that made from leftover hard cheese too? Yucks I've been eating kraft cheese slices for so long, think it is time I switch to maybe cream cheese.

8mths old can give petti miam yoghurt for baby... But it is not sold in most supermarkets. Try looking for it at carrefour.

sunburst

It feels so good to prepare food for baby and watch her finish them all.
Dont worry will try go on a slow pace.

I have friends who put cheese into instant noodles too. Although I do not hate cheese but I dare not tried, seems yucky! I cant imagine my Korea Kimchi Noodles mixed with cheese.. *Puke HEEEE
Kimchi with cheese is super duper delicious! You definately must try!!! Alternatively you can try nong shim kimchi cheese instant noodles!

meiteoh

sunburst, if you want to know, can read the ingredients list. Good cheese should have just 100% milk (pasteurised or unpasteurised), salt and/or renent. Processed cheese will have things like milk solids, cheese solids, milk, flavouring, etc.

shane, Paul's Original, Farmers Union are two of the brands I've found here that have plain full fat yogurt. You can get them at NTUC, Cold Storage, etc. I don't really go for those baby yogurt coz most have added flavouring which I'm not a big fan of. I like to stick to things that have very few ingredients and only contain 100% fresh milk plus probiotics (nothing else, if possible).

trine

i give my baby laughing cow cheese cream. not many choices over here - the grocery store only got laughing cow, chesdale and of course kraft. i dunno which one is better choice - laughing cow or chesdale?
btw is it okay to give baby a little bit of cheese and butter everyday?