What food to avoid and what to take more?

my list of no-no food...

1) chin chow water / dessert (too cooling)
2) Kangkong
3) pineapple
4) durian (if ur baby is already quite big size) - eat in moderation
5) tao hui (soya bean dessert)

But soya bean drink can drink all you can. Apparantly, it is good for baby's complexion. I drank a lot of it during both my pregnancies and both of them have nice fair skin when born.

CynCyn

thanks dear! anw, bird nest and 'gan bei' porridge can eat during 12th week? i ate some, abit worried -.-
It isn't a problem . My elders nvr refrain me from eating them . They do cook for bird nest all the way till deliver . Those cook bird nest and those bottle type . I ate alot of gan bei too . Hehe ! :001_302:

actually it depends on one's immunity... if one is used to eating say pineapple every day, nothing will happen if she continue eating during pregnancy. but if your body is weak n you know u cannot eat 'liang' things than dun lor... dun blame the gynae or others when u know u cannot, yet u do it when another person gave you the green light. Becoming mummy liao lei... cannot be so 'ren xin' !!! hahahahah :tlaugh:

shinely

just don't understand why we can't take those "liang" food?
What will happen? what it will affect? wondering ......

Ah Cheng

Is the dessert "CHING TANG" /"CHENG TENG" consider LIANG?
Cos after eating the whole bowl of cheng teng, my whole body have rashes all over me. Look like "HONG MOI" kind of rahses.

I said is too "Liang", my mum said is too "heaty". haz.

It just spread all over my body, including my face and tummy area. Which no choice I went to A&E to see doctor take medicine to get rid of the rashes. So scare it will spread to baby too cos my whole tummy area is so itchy, and baby keep moving around like he is feeling itchy too. But doctor said will not spread to baby. Now is much better.

tiziana

hi mommies,

Beef, pork, chicken kan ma?
hi, whatever you state above is alright to eat but eat everything is moderation. If you still have doubts, check with your gynae.

most important is to have more vitamins. I think ask your gynae better =)

pokemon97

i was only told not to eat too cooling fruits like watermelon, other than that eat everything moderately. Yes, most important must remember to take vitamins presc by gynea esp folic acid during 1st trimester

leoman

Alpha Male
Heard eldesrly people said that Pineapple and those Dry of Raw mango dont eat too much also.

Pineapple can wash away those oily fluid in our stomach, so better dont eat that.

Do advice if I am wrong.
Thank.

leoman

Alpha Male
Add on or share on what food to avoid and eat more?

What I think is that Canned food contain preservative, also not good for baby.

The best drink during pregnant is milk and eat acid folid from doctor.

Food will be porridge, not those heaty food.
Fruit will be apple, some slide of orange for vitamin C.

I ask the doctor before and he said during 1st trimester can eat evrything mother feel want to eat but I dont think so.

Some food and drink is really bad for baby.
Just self-consious on what should or not to eat.

Hope I said the correct fact.
Anyone can add on or share?

Drink more MILK!!! as your baby is growing in you. insufficient milk intake will encourage ur bone to deplete in you which cos osterporosis in later part of your life. get those milk for pregnant woman like anmum? Take more folic acid during ur 1st trimester or even b4 when ure planning to get pregnant.
Bird nest daily is good for the baby complexion and also to clear our lungs? thats what my parents said but eat in moderation cos some pple say it may cos phlegm.
Try not to take processed food eg: canned food as they contain lotsa Sodium which is bad for baby.
Take more wholemeal bread as they contains high in folic acids too.

Re: Add on or share on what food to avoid and eat more?

What I think is that Canned food contain preservative, also not good for baby.

The best drink during pregnant is milk and eat acid folid from doctor.

Food will be porridge, not those heaty food.
Fruit will be apple, some slide of orange for vitamin C.

I ask the doctor before and he said during 1st trimester can eat evrything mother feel want to eat but I dont think so.

Some food and drink is really bad for baby.
Just self-consious on what should or not to eat.

Hope I said the correct fact.

Anyone can add on or share?
Yeah, when i ask my gynae what can i eat and what i cant, she told me we can eat everything except not high in sodium, seafood that contains mercury.
The reason is becos western doc they dont believe and have no such thing as cooling and heaty. it is chinese doctor who comes up with this term i think cos of the yin and yang thing??

CarolOng

Hi All,

Gynae says no raw food, sting ray & shark meat, no coffee, tea & coke...

Mummy told me no mutton.

SIL bought me bird nest & ask me to eat everyday.

badtzzz

milk is the most impt..but during 1st trimester most will hate the taste and tends to vomit over it..so gynae give folic acid to supplement it...

gyane --> raw food (sashimi), stingray, less caffeine, less sweet stuff (ice-cream, sweets)
old mum tales --> mutton, pineapple, watermelon