What is the term?

mar_mum

A bit paiseh to ask, but: I've been pondering over how to teach my son 'penis' in mandarin. Don't want to say the wrong thing. Anyone knows?

sal

tat's what i wud say..shen zi qi guan but i never used that lei..

it has always been "kuku" hahaha

aby

Other than shen zi qi guan, I think it is also known as yang2 ju4.
Yap, correct, it's yang2 ju4 (toy, wan2 ju4 de ju4).. We teaches them penis and vagina from young.. Bathing is a good time to educate them in such area.. :tlaugh:

mar_mum

City pumpkin, sal,
I think not very nice to use those terms lor, especially if we are educated. hee hee

Tenor, aby,
Ya. I've checked dictionary and that's the term. But it's such an uncommon term. So if use that term like very funny. Cos like no one knows what it means. English is easy, but mandarin difficult to teach lor.

aby

City pumpkin, sal,
I think not very nice to use those terms lor, especially if we are educated. hee hee

Tenor, aby,
Ya. I've checked dictionary and that's the term. But it's such an uncommon term. So if use that term like very funny. Cos like no one knows what it means. English is easy, but mandarin difficult to teach lor.
Yes agree.. Well, Singaporean are generally English speaking ke that's why we all felt the difficulty as if Mandarin is not our mother tongue le.. For example, if a student goes China for Industry Attachment, he/she's likely has a hard time communicating with people there all the technical term in Mandarin as we are really not well trained in here..

Heehee.. Funny yet it's the correct and accurate term lei.. Think if we persistantly uses Mandarin in all areas, it will not seems/sounds funny anymore.. heehee.. easier to say than do all.. Let's try??

I personally do not use other term except "Shee Shee".. This term I must constantly watched out and remind myself to use "Ease yourself" (which son was taught by his K teachers) instead.. The rest, I use the actual terms directly as I myself n siblings use those terms and felt uneasy and shy.. And I have witness some kids, even adults too, joke so much abt those terms.. Me and hb not comfortable thus agreed to use exact term.. :tlaugh:

I was told and reminded many time by my Godma to speak to all my kids with proper adult term/languages.. She shared that she had read books abt languages that if we have habit of doing so, ouir kids will be picking good languages faster and better.. Tried and thus far, really works I feel.. Both are speaking very well, except my 3yo dd can't pronounce "K" yet, she will pronounce as "T" all the times.. Hopefully she learns, esp in school next year!