What should i do????????

CASH139

Alpha Male
Dear all wonderful mummys out there ....

Am a single father with a (almost 3 YO) son.
Had painful experience last night. Son woke up suddenly (going MN) and cried terribly. Refused to express what he want. After a while i notice he misses a motherly figure to hug him. After abt 45mins commotion, he finally ran back to me and hug me....able to talk to him and pat him to sleep.
This is the moment when my child ask for something and i could only sit there and watch.......

Weeks before i notice an unusual behaviour in him while we were having fun at the nearby playground. he will always find time to be near other children's mummies (whom gather and chat at one corner). Those nice mummies will talk to him and pat him. Then i know this is the begining of this young boy starting to look for motherly love.
Had mentioned this situation with my sister (staying with us), and very kind of her, she step up her love for him; even with her busy work schedule.
Relationship with my son has been good and strong. He has been with me all the while after birth. Except the mother took him away from 3 months; but back with me after that. Ever since the seperation incident which really affect my child badly, am a full time daddy taking care of him.
Staying with my parents and sister now, so that he is in a home with many other family members.
Though am expecting this stage to happen, but not as soon as now.
Hope to listen to any suggestion from wonderful mummies out there.

:shyxxx:confused....lost

-SRI-

hmmm... why nt u send him for counselling?? maybe frm dere the professional counsellor noe hw to tackle such probs...

Angelmum

can kpo know y the mum not involved in yr kid's life?

some kids do yearn for both parents but if u think getting a replacement will solve the problem, my answer is maybe. Not many ppl can replace a mum. Not many ppl willing to love another person's child.

Bring him out when u not working to show he has dual love from Daddy, Daddy cares and love him dearly.

Ting

well, i guess it wont be easy for him to not hv a mummy by him.
bcos, a child n a mother's bond is very close.
but like what angelmum said, try to shower him with more attention.
it's hard, but not impossible.
:D
take care!

Incubator

I feel sad for you when I read that. But I fully understand. My son went through a "I want Daddy" crying phase as well. It was painful and I ended up crying as well. But it was gladly a phase. The child will get over it if the single parent stays positive and family helps to fill in the gap, no matter how hard it may be.

Take good care and don't despair.

Ting

gees, i wonder wat im gg to do when pin goes thru her " i wan daddy" phase.
sighs.

Amulet

find a close female friend who likes kids to keep ur boy as God-son? from wat i know, in angmo culture, babies since young have a pair of god parents.. if anything happens to the baby's bio parents, the god parents will take care of the baby like their own.. something like that.. or send hm to a nanny, then you can go out n work also?

CanCanMum

Dear all wonderful mummys out there ....

Am a single father with a (almost 3 YO) son.
Had painful experience last night. Son woke up suddenly (going MN) and cried terribly. Refused to express what he want. After a while i notice he misses a motherly figure to hug him. After abt 45mins commotion, he finally ran back to me and hug me....able to talk to him and pat him to sleep.
This is the moment when my child ask for something and i could only sit there and watch.......

Weeks before i notice an unusual behaviour in him while we were having fun at the nearby playground. he will always find time to be near other children's mummies (whom gather and chat at one corner). Those nice mummies will talk to him and pat him. Then i know this is the begining of this young boy starting to look for motherly love.
Had mentioned this situation with my sister (staying with us), and very kind of her, she step up her love for him; even with her busy work schedule.
Relationship with my son has been good and strong. He has been with me all the while after birth. Except the mother took him away from 3 months; but back with me after that. Ever since the seperation incident which really affect my child badly, am a full time daddy taking care of him.
Staying with my parents and sister now, so that he is in a home with many other family members.
Though am expecting this stage to happen, but not as soon as now.
Hope to listen to any suggestion from wonderful mummies out there.

:shyxxx:confused....lost
at the moment yr sister can help in the role a bit coz being a single parent is not easy.

is yr boy showing signs of unhappiness? if he is u will need to spend more time with him or talk to him more to make him open up..u really need to foster strong communication with him coz besides u no 1 can make up for it.

i am not sure if letting him spend some time with the mother (staying in her place once a week) is good for him coz he is still too young (if it is possible for that to happen), by that i meant he may wonder why sometimes he can see his mother and then sometimes dont? Becoz children at this age is still growing and there are many things which they cannot figure out why.

Did u tell him what went on all this time? If u din then chances of him missing the mother may be high. If u did then u may need to explain to him the situation now and that he may or may not be possible to spend time with the mother depending on the circumstances and u will love him always.

i have not encountered this situation with any of my acquaintances/friends before so i dun have any similar experiences to share. However i do hv a 3yr old son myself and i ustd how they think at this moment.

however i am certain that you have a strong bond between u and yr son and this phase will be over very soon, or at least once he is old enough to understand things going on around him.

good day, hope my opinions are helpful in some ways.