What should I do ?

Alisa

it is always the problem... those who wanted babies, get it thru difficulty, those who don wan babies, get it so easily!

Amulet

someone gave you those hotlines to call already. Have you? I believe not.

Sanctuary House hotline
Crisis Pregnancy / Emergency Infant Care.
9817 0588
24 hours

U should seriously give them a call. They can arrange for a place to stay for u temporarily and arrange for adoption for ur poor baby..

Seriously, i dunno what kind of impact would u leave in his life, everyday growing in this womb where the mother think of ways to kill him or abandon him.. haiz..

MamaDT

I think try talking to ur parents properly and ask them to help u get to the guy's parents to talk it out and to help find a solution n ask the guy to bear the responsibility. I am sure ur parents will help u in this. Just pass that guy's house number to your parents and ask them to help u call his parents and talk it out.

If you don't intend / have no courage to do that, I think this will create a bad impact in the child's life but also in your life when u think back in future. Think twice/ thrice on adoption/abortion without trying to seek help from your parents and his parents.

Abortion or adoption is always last or never meant to be a resort just to clear the mess that the adults have done. Babies are innocent lives.

chairhugger

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. One responder already posted those helplines. They will be able to help you figure out what your options are.

Also, many people in this thread are very judgemental. There is no need to mention any god if you do not know the original poster's religion.

Do be strong. There are people you can talk to no matter what decision you make. For many parents abortion is the last resort, but do not let anyone guilt you into making decision for your life.

Amulet

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. One responder already posted those helplines. They will be able to help you figure out what your options are.

Also, many people in this thread are very judgemental. There is no need to mention any god if you do not know the original poster's religion.

Do be strong. There are people you can talk to no matter what decision you make. For many parents abortion is the last resort, but do not let anyone guilt you into making decision for your life.
Isn't it the same for ALL religion that Life comes from God (which ever religion) and only that God has the absolute rights to remove the baby nestling in a womb?

Or maybe there is some religion's God that says that it's okay for anyone to abortion/ infanticide and killing children n women n men as long as u think you need to, that I don't know of?

chairhugger

Abortion is a controversial issue for many. I do not wish to hijack this thread to have any argument.

Just FYI, I am atheist so I don't find it appropriate that you are bringing any god into this discussion. I think the more important thing is to provide help, support and listening ear to the original poster, rather than judging her.

mspinkpooh

I've seen Touch Services , APKIM services to enquire for adoption but no families till now .
Who says there's family looking for adopted child when there's none actually . .

mspinkpooh

Someone mention there's 1 mummy here name Desiree looking for adopted child .
I tried calling her , texting her but with not a single reply .
Maybe she's not even serious in adopting .

mspinkpooh

where are u staying now? do u go for yr mthly check up? are u taking any supplement? if yr parents are not going to help u, can u ask help from yr relatives? yr own friends?
I don't go for check up as I'm not working , single parent .
I'm not taking any supplement .
Check up , supplement = $$ .
Non can help .
I even asked Touch Services , APKIM family services for help but all didn't get back to me till today .
I've sent a lot of emails , called up so many times but with excuses such as the in charge is conducting a class & will call me back but sadly , nothing till today .

Someone mention there's 1 mummy here name Desiree looking for adopted child .
I tried calling her , texting her but with not a single reply .
Maybe she's not even serious in adopting .
Great that you are doing something actively for your unborn child. Don't give up cos I am sure there are many couples looking for children, but I don't know the adoption process in Sg.

chairhugger

Have you tried seeing your MP? I am not sure how he or she can help you but at least he or she may be able to help you to speed up this process and kick those people's asses for being so slow.

mspinkpooh

I went Touch Adoption Services office .
Was explained how was it gonna be .
Everything is very simple & easy .
I just need to sign acknowledgement letter .
I can't breast feed baby & also I won't be bringing home baby at all but thing is there's no adopter .
Who says there is ?
Kinda disappointing knowing there's no adoptive couple for now when people out there easily say there's a lot of couple looking for child for adoption .
After what I've gone through searching for adopter , what people say were just bullshit .
Many out there looking for adoptive child .
LOL ~
Bullshit !

MeliviaL

Chillax my dear! It's not that there isn't. It's just that to be able to adopt a child in singapore is hard. And by hard I mean really hard. You need to have a certain qualification, certain amount of Income, and you have to make sure you are able to adopt the kid and support it financially, physically and mentally with ease. Adopting a kid in singapore is really hard. My friends, cousins all tried. But is unable to. Not that they don't want.

Just wanna tell you, do not give up hope! Always remember, a kid's innocent smile will bring away all your burdens and pain at that particular moment. <3

yes, totally agree. the child is innocent, don't end it.

Nobody has a right to take away a growing life. Only God has the right to decide when we should be called home. If you can't keep her, opt for adoption - give the baby a chance to be loved by couple who long to have kids but can't hv their own.

Hi,i got a temp job when I was 7 mths pregnant, now offered another temp job even now at 8 mths pregnant .. I believe u can find a job if u really persevere . I kept looking for a job since I was 5-6 mths pregnant .
Go to CDC, they will help . Many places will help as they would prefer the mother to seek employment assistance and help herself, than seek financial assistance .