What to prepare if bringing baby for swim?

Feliz

tot wanna bring edlycia for a "swim" this week, but no idea what shld i prepare..

sun block needed for her?
After how long should i get her out of the pool?
can she wear normal swimming clothes?
should i bathe her ther or go home den bathe?

mandymtb

i didnt do sun block for my gal
she was wearing the 3/4 sleeve type swim wear
and we went in the late PM where the sun is not that strong, she was well in the water for about 30mins
i rinse her briefly at the shower rm there and go home str8 to bath her to get rid of the rest of the chlorine water

diymummy

Thought this thread might be useful for you:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f40/any-things-take-note-when-bring-baby-public-pool-32689/

As for me, I didn't put sunblock for me sun if I know the sun's not going to hit the pool. I usually go at around 6pm, so the sun is not very strong. But when I brought him swimming at 10am, then yes, I did put on sunblock for him.

It's suggested to stay max 30min in the water for the first swim according to babycenter.

Yes, wear normal swimming clothes. If the swim wear does not come with a "diaper" type, you must wear a swim diaper so that your baby doesn't poo or pee into the pool.

I bathed my son there after his swim.

Here's another site for your reference: Swimming with your baby

Phoebii Cheng

Hi diymummy,

When you apply sunblock for your son, what type of sunblock did you buy?

Cos' I also thot of bringing my son for a swim....

diymummy

Hi Phoebii,

I can't remember the brand, but I bought it from Mothercare. It's a small bottle which I carry in his outdoor bag so if I need it any time, we can use it.

TANZHENZHI

I only bring along a big enough to cover him towel and socks to warm his legs.
I usually bring him for swimming ard 5-6pm when the sun is not so hot.
I bring him home straight to shower after swim. :)
Usually i only let him play in the water for about half an hour.
I also let him wear those 3/4 swimsuit.:tlaugh:

Feliz

What is a swimming tube???

I didn't really prepare my son except let him spend slightly longer in the bath to let him splash around.

Welcome :)

Sorry wrong spelling.. not swimming tube.. hahha how to swim in a tube right..:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

i mean those swimming tub with a neck float that can inflate to use at home..

diymummy

Sorry wrong spelling.. not swimming tube.. hahha how to swim in a tube right..:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

i mean those swimming tub with a neck float that can inflate to use at home..
LOL!!!!!

Ok... I feel not necessary unless you will be using it frequently.

From 9 mths till now 15 mths, I only brought my son swimming like 3 or 4 times only. Too troublesome.

So if you feel that bringing your dd to a pool frequently is troublesome, you might want to invest in a tub which you can use at home.

But in my opinion I feel that the baby outgrows the swimming tub quite quickly.

Feliz

LOL!!!!!

Ok... I feel not necessary unless you will be using it frequently.

From 9 mths till now 15 mths, I only brought my son swimming like 3 or 4 times only. Too troublesome.

So if you feel that bringing your dear daughter to a pool frequently is troublesome, you might want to invest in a tub which you can use at home.

But in my opinion I feel that the baby outgrows the swimming tub quite quickly.

hehhhehe.. so silly la me..

hhmm.. if i want to get e tub den mus get preloved so wouldnt feel like waste money..

well diymummy.. Thanks again for ur help.. appreciate it so much!

jasobias

no 6 months is just the right age to start.
for me i do apply sunblock..even if sun is not hot its actually a must for young kids.Sunblock is fr mothercare.

kenxf_03

I didnt sun block for my DS too and he's wearing a 3/4 swim suit.

Brought along a towel to wrap him to kp him warm after he finish playing with water. Though we brought along his float but he didnt really wants to be inside it. He loves to be in the water to splash water. :001_302:

After the swim, let him wear the bath robe and then brought him home for a bath.

cmeilim

i just graduated my boy from swimming tub at home to the baby pool. we brought california baby sunblock, his sitting float and swim diapers, but i think he had more fun splashing water around. didn't even mind drinking some of the water in. but my workplace's pool water is not as heavily chlorinated as the public pool and also the water is cleaner. we went at 5.30pm last sat and swam for abt 45min.

apollo

i have not bring ds to public pool yet, am waiting aft he turns 1 b4 doing tt.

anw, as for the bathing part, i think it depends. if ur baby can stand well alrdy, u can bath her there. if not, just change her and bring her hm for bathing, easier tt way. =)