What to teach yr babies and how ?

Celina

Erm, if free can go to popular n buy white cards n big posters to make ur own flash cards. cuz if u show him mainly on big posters. he cant concentrate cuz too many pictures n colours. so make ur own flash cards out of posters. so wil learn n reacte faster. and showing him flash cards muz b fast. u canot b showing him the same cards. eg. A for apply dan flip to B for boy. or else he wil find it boring.. dats how teachers teach em in schools. hope tis is helpful.

jedamum

teach my boy only
1. clap hands
2. bye bye
3. sound made by clicking his mouth
4. play hide and seek/peek a boo
5. to fall asleep by himself

nothing academic yet.....

maine78

My neighbour's ds is 18mths n he can read 20 alphabets n numbers 1-10. She teach me to show n read to ds everyday the alphabets n numbers. So i just print out the alphabets/no. n stick them on a notebook, read n show him everyday.

CynCyn

teach my boy only
1. clap hands
2. bye bye

nothing academic yet.....
that's what i meant abt my topic .

hw u teach ? signing ah .

jedamum

that's what i meant abt my topic .
hw u teach ? signing ah .
1. clap hands
- doing the same action and say the same phrase in front of him daily when i am free and he is free. also try to 'take' his hand and then clap. and also when he does something 'clever' like finish his food, or when you give him something he like, like you give him his toy and he looks happy, clap and say the same phrase.
2. bye bye
- do the same action and say the same phrase whenever someone is going out or we wave to someone (ILs/my parents)) when we are going out/leaving.
- this one i take the cue from my boy. when he starts to learn to imitate me, i just do some funny stuff to see if he will follow.
- play with your boy when you are free. for 'hide and seek', we started when my boy can crawl liao. i called his name and then peek from around corners of the hse.
- mostly routine, say good night, put him in his bed, dim the lights and i just sit there to do some light reading or fold clothings. even if he stand and tries to 'talk' to me, i also ignore him. when he fuss, i just lie him in sleeping position and then pat a while, tell him its time to sleep and then continue my stuff. also, strict instructions to rest of family members to refrain from entering the bedrm when the boy is trying to sleep.

actually cos i am a sahm, and spent all of my time with my ds2, and also cos ds2 is on structured routine, i can read his cue quite accurately. and with repetitive routine, i usually know what he wants when he throw tantrum.

Last edited:

Carol

So far my Ds has learnt how to shake hands and call Ma-ma . But that's only when he's crying for milk . Lol . I hold his hands and give him a firm shake . Then I tell him this is shake hands . My mum was the one who taught him Ma-ma .
Now teaching him how to say bye-bye too just like the way how Jedamum taught hers :001_302:
Other than this , he watches his Baby can read vcds twice a day . Always raise his hands and legs while screaming happily whenever I on it . He loves the singing parts and somehow screams along with it .

Carol

can lend the vcds? :shyxxx::shyxxx:
No problem . But I can only lend you the first two discs for now . Cos there's a total of five discs . Starter video , volume 1 , 2 , 3 and review video . My Ds's now on volume 2 . There's a period of time you've to let him watch for each disc :001_302: