What type of mattress is good for toddlers?

leongve

Hi I have just purchase a seahorse 3folders foam mattress for my little boy 2.5years. Seems he started using it on Sunday, he has not been sleep well for the past two night. Is the foam too hard for young kids?

tinkerball

Hi I have just purchase a seahorse 3folders foam mattress for my little boy 2.5years. Seems he started using it on Sunday, he has not been sleep well for the past two night. Is the foam too hard for young kids?
from my point of view at 2.5 years ur kid's bodyweight is too light to fully absorb the function of the mattress. like for us adults if we buy a mattress and lie on it we can tell wether mattress is comfy or not cos our bodyweight plays a part to determine its suitability. when i went to furniture mall the salesman advice me against buying such mattress and to wait for a few more years before buying such mattress cos those are usually designed for adults. so till now i still stick to my babysafe mattress cos its really comfy and have different sizes to suit different needs.

jellybnzw

Same here, I had also purchased a babysafe mattress for my baby girl and she is very comfortable in it. The latex is not too hard or soft for her. And for some strange reason, she loves to sleep on her tummy everytime.

breadgal

maybe he's still not used to it.. my son had been sleeping since he is 2 mths plus and ok with it..

for me the sea horse mattress is just hard enough for my son.. cos if is soft when he sleep , the mattress will sunk in resulting not airy enough and make him sweat as when few months old he still dun know how to turn..

xinyl

from my point of view at 2.5 years your kid's bodyweight is too light to fully absorb the function of the mattress. like for us adults if we buy a mattress and lie on it we can tell wether mattress is comfy or not cos our bodyweight plays a part to determine its suitability. when i went to furniture mall the salesman advice me against buying such mattress and to wait for a few more years before buying such mattress cos those are usually designed for adults. so till now i still stick to my babysafe mattress cos its really comfy and have different sizes to suit different needs.
Hi. Did you get the pillows, bolster, bedsheet, pillow & bolster case from Babysafe too ? I'm wondering if the material justifies the cost difference.

Thanks !

potato

My daughter is 17 months old and she has been using babysafe since young.. I believe that you pay for quality, it is defintely worth it coz my daughter loves sleeping on their mattress! :)

tinkerball

Hi. Did you get the pillows, bolster, bedsheet, pillow & bolster case from Babysafe too ? I'm wondering if the material justifies the cost difference.

Thanks !
i only used the pillow, bedsheet and mattress and they are still fine till now. in my opinion the price did justify the product cos im using it for over 2 years now and they dont sink like normal mattress do and the shape stills stays intact

isabelandrew

hi all,

i went ard looking for baby safe mattress. They only have small ones like fitted cot. My tod is 19 months. isn't there a single size like those adult single size mattress?

can anyone share with me? also how much does it cost?

thanks