What was your dream wedding??

-SRI-

Ya i knw chinese but her family doesnt speak mandarin rite? So i tot they might nt knw abt chinese custom so wont haf it which is why i asked if she went thru chinese custom/traditionals.

Actually ah those chinese traditionals or custom r very complicated n troublesome which alot of youngster duno . End up haf to go to forums to haf better understanding wat need to b done n can haf prepare wat will b done. Luckily forums r available for us nowadays as experiences r all in the forums as reference which we dun need to go ard frds or relatives n ask abt it.
ya....most of my chinese gfs dunno...

-SRI-

eh sri, boyanese originaly frm indon rite..Madura island there rite..
Yup..frm indon..i nt sure..but my late grandma go back to Surabaya..she passed away there... I miz her.. She's very gd in making Love Letter kuih.. Kuih gulung kan? Panas2 nenek leh gulung..

Porukadotzu

Ya i knw chinese but her family doesnt speak mandarin rite? So i tot they might nt knw abt chinese custom so wont haf it which is why i asked if she went thru chinese custom/traditionals.

Actually ah those chinese traditionals or custom r very complicated n troublesome which alot of youngster duno . End up haf to go to forums to haf better understanding wat need to b done n can haf prepare wat will b done. Luckily forums r available for us nowadays as experiences r all in the forums as reference which we dun need to go ard frds or relatives n ask abt it.
yuppers, i was married follow chinese custom they do in here coz my hb is chinese mah..then follow him la.. I also need to surf around internet bout the chinese custom here coz diff than ours one, here more complicated..lucky b4 our marriage, my hb's cousin got married first so i can see what kind of thing to prepare n stuff..hehehe
Anyway my mom inlaw the one who buy all those things for me hahha...i want to buy but she already buy first, so i just need to add up things like buy the tea set and red lamp those sort of things. It was fun thou to prepare these things.

then in jakarta i hv another wedding follow my religion wedding hahaha...coz we thought better to throw 2 wedding rather than invite all the relatives go singapore *broke!*
Just lucky tat in here my hb side dun hv alot of members i think only open table for 18 and 3 extra table tat time and found a small nice resto to cater it, very difficult to find the right resto for our wed size, resto here minimum cater 50 table rite..waw..so once got it,think it's nice, and available on the date we wanted then we just decide it rightaway....

the wedding in jkt only invite around 100-150 ppl include our main family also my relatives also not so much, n was held at a pool side cafe, so it was more like a family gathering than a wedding hehhehe,

so combine together still affordable..

Porukadotzu

Yup..frm indon..i nt sure..but my late grandma go back to Surabaya..she passed away there... I miz her.. She's very gd in making Love Letter kuih.. Kuih gulung kan? Panas2 nenek leh gulung..
hahha ya, last chinese new year my MIL was making that kue also (there we call it 'kue semprong'), egg, flour and sugar only, taste nice, but need to be very patience and very numb fingers! i try to make and the tip of my fingers all red one..haha very panas (hot) need to roll fast..otherwise it broke to pieces. And in the end i need to eat all the part tat i make coz i roll to big and look so open and ugly...haha..

Porukadotzu

It is very nice of u to compromise wif ur dh ~ when having wedding there r so much to compromise if the religion of both party is diff. Sumhow wedding is aso the time where alot of couples tend to haf quarrels n heat arguements. I rmb 1 of my guy frd nearly wanted to gave up as his wife to b n him had so much arguements n quarreling on so much issues for their wedding.

Alot of give n take haf to take place, juz like xue's hb i am Buddhist where my hb is catholic so they wan to hold the ROM at church n although i dun like the idea BUT abit give n take w/o been too stubborn on things which alot of things still can compromise. Like there's a saying, there's a will n there will b a way. Cheers to all couples :Dancing_wub:
ic ic, so you're the other way around with us hehhehe

yes, Give and Take is the key, without understanding theres always quarrel thing.. Anyway we're having a join together ceremony, not a breaking up ceremony, so what for being stubborn and insisting owns beliefs.. if one person can not tolerate the differences then why they start the relationship in the beginning rite?

so peace on earth! hahhaa:tlaugh:

LoVeS

yuppers, i was married follow chinese custom they do in here coz my hb is chinese mah..then follow him la.. I also need to surf around internet bout the chinese custom here coz diff than ours one, here more complicated..lucky b4 our marriage, my hb's cousin got married first so i can see what kind of thing to prepare n stuff..hehehe
Anyway my mom inlaw the one who buy all those things for me hahha...i want to buy but she already buy first, so i just need to add up things like buy the tea set and red lamp those sort of things. It was fun thou to prepare these things.

then in jakarta i hv another wedding follow my religion wedding hahaha...coz we thought better to throw 2 wedding rather than invite all the relatives go singapore *broke!*
Just lucky tat in here my hb side dun hv alot of members i think only open table for 18 and 3 extra table tat time and found a small nice resto to cater it, very difficult to find the right resto for our wed size, resto here minimum cater 50 table rite..waw..so once got it,think it's nice, and available on the date we wanted then we just decide it rightaway....

the wedding in jkt only invite around 100-150 ppl include our main family also my relatives also not so much, n was held at a pool side cafe, so it was more like a family gathering than a wedding hehhehe,

so combine together still affordable..
u mean restaurant is it? If ur toking abt restaurant then they dun required so many tables for restaurant. Abt min 20 tables will do instead of 50 tables.

Wah like tt both of ur pocket muz b big hole since need to hold 2 weddings. :elvis: This is why i say wedding dinner is so troublesome as it is chinese traditional thingy.

LoVeS

There were no insults. An insult is when I call you a canniving harlot. So get over it already.
If u tink u didnt insult ppl then so b it. No pt insisting when ppl r stubborn dun wan to admit.

Anyway if u haf things related to tok abt for tis topic then post it BUT if u dun haf i tink it better to stop since i mentioned i dun wan to continue those things again.

LoVeS

ic ic, so you're the other way around with us hehhehe

yes, Give and Take is the key, without understanding theres always quarrel thing.. Anyway we're having a join together ceremony, not a breaking up ceremony, so what for being stubborn and insisting owns beliefs.. if one person can not tolerate the differences then why they start the relationship in the beginning rite?

so peace on earth! hahhaa:tlaugh:
Ya no point making a joy ceremony to a sad one if not willing to give and take. Ya no pt insisting own liking of wedding but rather juz gif in b it happy or not coz most important is the new journey the couple need to go on as wedding is juz a station stop tat everyone need to go thru.

I knw for sure if i dun gif in then big arguments will occurred since his mom is very stubborn n very insisting on the church thing. My mil is catholic while my fil is Buddhist same as me so i find it so weird why so insist on church n even KEEP asking me to convert to catholic.

I dun mind giving in by having ROM at church be it i like it or not BUT i will nt convert to catholic COZ my parents r Buddhist n i haf my own believes which is same as my parents. I dun mind at times need to go church wif dh on wkend although i am nt suppose to do so BUT i respect dh's religion even though not same as mine. Even if my ds follow dh or mil b catholic which i haf no prob wif it at all coz ds should follow his dad religion BUT dh tink tt ds should haf the freedom to choose his own believes.

Everyone has their own believes i really dun understand why so insist on converting ppl sumore b4 dh n me got together i already mentioned to him i wont convert to catholic as i haf my own believes n i am same religion as my parents which everyone should respect it.

Porukadotzu

u mean restaurant is it? If ur toking abt restaurant then they dun required so many tables for restaurant. Abt min 20 tables will do instead of 50 tables.

Wah like tt both of ur pocket muz b big hole since need to hold 2 weddings. :elvis: This is why i say wedding dinner is so troublesome as it is chinese traditional thingy.
i tink i remember last time we stroll around the resto in here min table 50 lorr.. only come across 2 resto tat can cater 20 table or less only..the one at north bridge called Chef Chan and the one at clarke quay called Peony Jade... finally took the Peony Jade coz the food more special and the date tat we want available there....

maybe there's alot resto tat actually can cater 20 table just tat we dunno, hahha.... my hb blur bout this so the source was fm wedding magazine.

yea pocket got one big2 hole hahaha
tats why we never go to honeymoon untill now..there goes Paris~~...:tlaugh:maybe after bb born and can take her along too ...someday soon lah...but can not go france la coz too far away to take bb around... Bali will do maybe.:001_302::001_302:

LoVeS

i tink i remember last time we stroll around the resto in here min table 50 lorr.. only come across 2 resto tat can cater 20 table or less only..the one at north bridge called Chef Chan and the one at clarke quay called Peony Jade... finally took the Peony Jade coz the food more special and the date tat we want available there....

maybe there's alot resto tat actually can cater 20 table just tat we dunno, hahha.... my hb blur bout this so the source was fm wedding magazine.

yea pocket got one big2 hole hahaha
tats why we never go to honeymoon untill now..there goes Paris~~...:tlaugh:maybe after bb born and can take her along too ...someday soon lah...but can not go france la coz too far away to take bb around... Bali will do maybe.:001_302::001_302:
actually ur hb n u should browse thru forums coz alot of ppl discuss abt their wedding dinners etc etc n tat is where u 2 can get to knw more restaurant tat cater for 20 tables above.

Same as me coz tat time i had my mini honeymoon only after 1yr+ but cant bring my ds along coz ds is cranky bb. U can bring ur bb along but sum bbs r really hard to take care like mine so i am trying to gif u sum ideas so tat ur hb n u can plan better n aso haf more backup plans SO pls dun mistaken tat i am cursing u or nt hor. :shyxxx:

Porukadotzu

Ya no point making a joy ceremony to a sad one if not willing to give and take. Ya no pt insisting own liking of wedding but rather juz gif in b it happy or not coz most important is the new journey the couple need to go on as wedding is juz a station stop tat everyone need to go thru.

I knw for sure if i dun gif in then big arguments will occurred since his mom is very stubborn n very insisting on the church thing. My mil is catholic while my fil is Buddhist same as me so i find it so weird why so insist on church n even KEEP asking me to convert to catholic.

I dun mind giving in by having ROM at church be it i like it or not BUT i will nt convert to catholic COZ my parents r Buddhist n i haf my own believes which is same as my parents. I dun mind at times need to go church wif dh on wkend although i am nt suppose to do so BUT i respect dh's religion even though not same as mine. Even if my ds follow dh or mil b catholic which i haf no prob wif it at all coz ds should follow his dad religion BUT dh tink tt ds should haf the freedom to choose his own believes.

Everyone has their own believes i really dun understand why so insist on converting ppl sumore b4 dh n me got together i already mentioned to him i wont convert to catholic as i haf my own believes n i am same religion as my parents which everyone should respect it.
at first i was worried that my parents in law would ask me to convert also but turns out they don't mind of this different religion issue..

sometime parents hv this thinking that same religion is better in a family coz both can hv the same custom and everything, otherwords if there's no differences then the better.

Yea u rite, religion is personal, can not force one.. afterall we already married to diff religion somehow big tolerance is a must... i must follow his family custom tat i'm not familiar with it too. I wouldn't think tat i do it coz no choice, but instead i do it coz i'm one of this family already tat way i felt more sincere in following their custom.

I go to church alone but my hb always pick me up after church, so thou he dun want to go with me but i know he dun mind i do my own thing and he pay attention on wat i'm doing, thats the most important... and if we go to my home he willing to follow my custom too... so this is the only way to keep us in the same track.

JiaMin

Joanne = Jiamin.. Jiamin = Joanne.. Get it?? hehe you so fast forget.. ever since i read your blog and tag you soo muchie you remember my christian name but forget my chinese name -.-:err:

JiaMin

so JianMian..... Reveal your identity!! :tlaugh::tlaugh:
Erm by the way are you trying to make fun of my name.. It should JIAMIN and not JIANMIAN.. Hope you get it correct in future.. thanks..:tlaugh:Hope you can look carefully next time..

Porukadotzu

Erm by the way are you trying to make fun of my name.. It should JIAMIN and not JIANMIAN.. Hope you get it correct in future.. thanks..:tlaugh:Hope you can look carefully next time..
dun be so sensitive la JIAMIN,

ok madam, sorry for mis-spelling :001_302:

Porukadotzu

actually ur hb n u should browse thru forums coz alot of ppl discuss abt their wedding dinners etc etc n tat is where u 2 can get to knw more restaurant tat cater for 20 tables above.

Same as me coz tat time i had my mini honeymoon only after 1yr+ but cant bring my ds along coz ds is cranky bb. U can bring ur bb along but sum bbs r really hard to take care like mine so i am trying to gif u sum ideas so tat ur hb n u can plan better n aso haf more backup plans SO pls dun mistaken tat i am cursing u or nt hor. :shyxxx:
we did surf bout some of the wedding places, but either date not available or minimum 50 table..hehehe

tat time i still dunno any wedding forum haha..so blurr

yupp, bb tend to be cranky alot when they got tired..tats y i'm tinking after the bb born maybe need to wait untill she is old enough to travelling around or big enough to be taking care of my mil...

hey, i accept all the advise or ideas given by anyone... so no harm done.:tlaugh: