What was your dream wedding??

LoVeS

at first i was worried that my parents in law would ask me to convert also but turns out they don't mind of this different religion issue..

sometime parents hv this thinking that same religion is better in a family coz both can hv the same custom and everything, otherwords if there's no differences then the better.

Yea u rite, religion is personal, can not force one.. afterall we already married to diff religion somehow big tolerance is a must... i must follow his family custom tat i'm not familiar with it too. I wouldn't think tat i do it coz no choice, but instead i do it coz i'm one of this family already tat way i felt more sincere in following their custom.

I go to church alone but my hb always pick me up after church, so thou he dun want to go with me but i know he dun mind i do my own thing and he pay attention on wat i'm doing, thats the most important... and if we go to my home he willing to follow my custom too... so this is the only way to keep us in the same track.
Ya sum parents hope tat both r same religion is better but prob is my mil is catholic while my fil is Buddhist leh which is the same for both dh n me Which is why i cant understand why she keep insisted on converting me to catholic WHEN my fil is Buddhist lor.

I feel tat in a marriage we need to give and take to a certain extend BUT not to give in to everything coz like this is not called give and take anymore.

For ur dh n u which both of u r willing to give and take to each other so it is rather a gd thing coz in long term wise it plays a important part.

Porukadotzu

Ya sum parents hope tat both r same religion is better but prob is my mil is catholic while my fil is Buddhist leh which is the same for both dh n me Which is why i cant understand why she keep insisted on converting me to catholic WHEN my fil is Buddhist lor.

I feel tat in a marriage we need to give and take to a certain extend BUT not to give in to everything coz like this is not called give and take anymore.

For ur dh n u which both of u r willing to give and take to each other so it is rather a gd thing coz in long term wise it plays a important part.
parents always have reasons i tink...so i also dunno why ur mil force u too while they also diff religion..:001_302: hehhe tat's bit strange.

LoVeS

Joanne = Jiamin.. Jiamin = Joanne.. Get it?? hehe you so fast forget.. ever since i read your blog and tag you soo muchie you remember my christian name but forget my chinese name -.-:err:
LOL coz ur christian name easier to rmb mah :tlaugh:

LoVeS

we did surf bout some of the wedding places, but either date not available or minimum 50 table..hehehe

tat time i still dunno any wedding forum haha..so blurr

yupp, bb tend to be cranky alot when they got tired..tats y i'm tinking after the bb born maybe need to wait untill she is old enough to travelling around or big enough to be taking care of my mil...

hey, i accept all the advise or ideas given by anyone... so no harm done.:tlaugh:
No lah sum mom to be r rather pantang if ppl say like tt which sum might even mistaken it as "cursing" which my intention isnt tt.

Oh u should haf went to singaporebride forum there LOTS of info abt wedding things.

LoVeS

parents always have reasons i tink...so i also dunno why ur mil force u too while they also diff religion..:001_302: hehhe tat's bit strange.
Ya i find it strange too tat i even ask my DH how come mil nv insisted fil convert then? DH say his mom wont dare to insist his dad to convert LOLX:tlaugh:

CynCyn

Who wouldn't want the best for themselves when it comes to dream wedding ?

Why this thread ? If ppl are here to chide another just b'cos someone merely commented on how she wants her dream wedding to be ?

Chill and peace out !

At the same time , others whom have grand weddings end up splitting too . Able to have a wedding is better then having none .

Anyway , my dream wedding was to be able to walk down the church aisle . Like how you see it on the teevee show . This has been my ideal wedding since young . However , my man isn't catholic .

leey

Who wouldn't want the best for themselves when it comes to dream wedding ?

Why this thread ? If ppl are here to chide another just b'cos someone merely commented on how she wants her dream wedding to be ?

Chill and peace out !

At the same time , others whom have grand weddings end up splitting too . Able to have a wedding is better then having none .

Anyway , my dream wedding was to be able to walk down the church aisle . Like how you see it on the teevee show . This has been my ideal wedding since young . However , my man isn't catholic .
Agreed with you,:wong19:
I will add the big big red mat in the church too, cool and great!!!!

LoVeS

It seem like quite a few mummies here like church wedding as it is romantic.

I wonder got anyone who is not christian or catholic can still hold wedding at church? I rmb tat time the priest required my DH's baptism cert then willing to do the wedding for us.

Agnes Josephine

I wonder got anyone who is not christian or catholic can still hold wedding at church? I rmb tat time the priest required my DH's baptism cert then willing to do the wedding for us.

Loves,

I think that's impossible... Cuz I did asked on of my HR manager (lomg ago) that can anyone hold a church wedding if none of the brides & bridegrooms are christian or catholic & she gave me a very straight & fast reply, 'NO'... Only IF your spouse is a christian or catholic... But I can't remember must be the bridegroom or the bride...

Porukadotzu

my church not allow non christian to hold wedding at church..actually it was not about the romantic or not, but it's the feeling of getting a blessing frm God,church's priest n relatives and to be witnessed by the congregation tat makes it all about for christian wedding..the romantic feeling will just add up coz its the time tat couple also being announce to be men and wife infront of God and witnesses.

so if a non christian couple want to hold the wedding just for walking on the isle i think can do it somewhere else too as long as it's a similar setting, not necessary inside the church thou...coz any event tat being held in church should follow the church official ceremonial either it's a wedding or a gathering which include praying, praise&worship, and ofcoz preach.

LoVeS

Loves,

I think that's impossible... Cuz I did asked on of my HR manager (lomg ago) that can anyone hold a church wedding if none of the brides & bridegrooms are christian or catholic & she gave me a very straight & fast reply, 'NO'... Only IF your spouse is a christian or catholic... But I can't remember must be the bridegroom or the bride...
If i am not wrong either party is catholic or christian can already N muz provide a baptism certificate as REAL christian or catholic will haf a certificate one. I rmb the priest did ask for dh's catholic certificate as all catholic require to go thru baptism to b catholic BUT for christian i am not too sure abt it.

LoVeS

my church not allow non christian to hold wedding at church..actually it was not about the romantic or not, but it's the feeling of getting a blessing frm God,church's priest n relatives and to be witnessed by the congregation tat makes it all about for christian wedding..the romantic feeling will just add up coz its the time tat couple also being announce to be men and wife infront of God and witnesses.

so if a non christian couple want to hold the wedding just for walking on the isle i think can do it somewhere else too as long as it's a similar setting, not necessary inside the church thou...coz any event tat being held in church should follow the church official ceremonial either it's a wedding or a gathering which include praying, praise&worship, and ofcoz preach.
Yes i rmb the process of the wedding at church was SOOOOOOOOOOO long bcoz priest tok alot of things BUT none of it i understand at all :err: