when did you give yr bb to eat rice???

maggiemummy

my gal is 14mth plus n got 5 teeth infront.....now she dun realli like to eat porridge le....eat nt much n like to eat other things like biscuit all this.....can give her eat wat we adult eat de meal le ma???

naze

I gave my gal rice when she was 13 months but she has more teeth. Maybe you want to try cook some rice for her to try ? add in more water in the rice so that she can swallow easier.

shopaholic

Mine started at abt 1yo... started to take interest in what we are eating and so I gave my daughter a few mouthfuls. Then slowly she just adapted to solid rice naturally

apsmendoza

mine is also 14mos old and i started giving him rice since 1yo. pd said he can take all table foods by 1yo (meaning everything that we're eating and serving on the table, he can have). just make sure that you cut everything into small pieces to avoid choking and make sure you don't serve him whole nuts (peanut butter thin layer can but not whole peanuts). but observe him also for some allergic reactions to certain foods although by this time, i think their digestive system is not that sensitive already.

babypris86

haha i think i am kiasu.. my mum eat rice when he is 6 months old... although no teeth but he will slowly "melt" the rice with his saliva haha ahha and now his fav is fried rice hha ahha

ireneliau

my gal is 14mth plus n got 5 teeth infront.....now she dun realli like to eat porridge le....eat nt much n like to eat other things like biscuit all this.....can give her eat wat we adult eat de meal le ma???
---------------------------
my daughter 19mth plu.. alot of teeths liao.. she also don like to eat porridge.. till now her main source is milk.. she like to eat noodles and biscuit.. but also don eat much.. the amount can count 1.. but atleast she grow then ok.. :shyxxx::shyxxx::shyxxx:

myangela

My elder dd started to take rice at thye age of 1yr. At 10mths started with afew mouthful now she likes rice,noodles n biscuits more than porridge... Now my younger dd already started to eat small quantity of rice at the age of 9mths.... I think no harm as long they don't get choke lah....
:Dancing_wub:

CrYsTaL*535

My DS is 13months old. don like to eat rice!! As long it's abit hard or he can feel e texture he'llspilt out or give a funny face... Don knw how should i start him. He still likes smooth texture!!! Help!

CanCanMum

my son eats real proper rice only about 2 years old....before that his rice is always with soup or thick porridge....coz too dry he canx really chew properly and takes ages.

Pwiincess

My DS is 10months now. She eats porridge but when she sees us eating rice, she rejects porridge and ask for rice. We started to give her rice already.

my girl, nw 14mths old, normally if we dun go out i will give her more porridge bt if happen to be out for shopping, for conveniences sake i give her rice, mixed with soup or bread...so far she is ok.

thks god...she dun stick to one particular food.