When did you start telling people about your pregnancy?

pehong

Better dunt tell anybody till after 12 weeks , when baby status already stable by then.

Cause first 3 mths is not stable period, if anythings happen, u have to face those ppl and explain what happen on yr baby. morevere, when u ready to forgot the sad case, but ppl who already know still asking u and shown their concern to you. Only my personal point of view.

Carisella

I had to tell almost everyone, because i was puking like no tomorrow and it was affecting my work .. haha.. and it was compulsory at times to drink on the job.. :p

PinkDiamonds

We only told our direct family members & closer church friends to help pray for the pregnancy. That was the moment I tested positive and had my 1st ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy. I honestly think it's so hard to contain the excitement especially when you've been planning for a baby!

maneo0302

Carisella, true that it's quite obvious when you're puking before first 3 months, and its definitely difficult to keep it a secret. I understand. :) PinkDiamonds, its hard to contain my excitement too. But I also worry that my baby is not stable during first tri, therefore it may be a good thing not to tell everyone too. :)

MommyK

We only started telling most people when I was safely past the 1st trimester. When I tested positive, hubby and I told just our parents, and my bestie.

Then after my 12 week scan, I brought the incriminating evidence along to tell everyone :001_302:

kimyen

When I'm tested positive on 23rd Dec 2010 - I told my hubby

Did another test myself to confirm on 30th Dec 2010.

Told some of my colleagues as they are usually the rough ones that will hit me hard on the shoulder, pressed me hard on the shoulder, etc ...

My parents, in law and boss are still not aware.

I'm 5 weeks and I've not told anyone.

I dont't see how people can happily announce to the whole world on their facebook status about being pregnant when they're only 4 weeks!

When did you start telling family, friends?

:smile:

maneo0302

When I'm tested positive on 23rd Dec 2010 - I told my hubby

Did another test myself to confirm on 30th Dec 2010.

Told some of my colleagues as they are usually the rough ones that will hit me hard on the shoulder, pressed me hard on the shoulder, etc ...

My parents, in law and boss are still not aware.
Congrats to you! That's the best Christmas present you have! I think you can tell your parents and your in-laws. I told them the news, but i also tell them not to tell others first. :)
As for your boss, i think you need to tell him/her when you're 3 mths. As he will need to source for part-timers or arrange for your maternity leave (your HR). After I've done my 12th week scan, i told the news to both my boss and HR.

BeingSingle

told almost all my close friends n immediate family at 5 weeks but waited till 12 weeks to inform my company. i guess its all up to you whether you wana wait or not.
8 - 9 weeks should be quite safe to tell already as you can detect the Heartbeat on an ultrasound. once you hear heartbeat, its almost 99% safe...

i was just too excited so i had to blurt it all out~~

MrsNeo

Told my family, in-laws and very close friends right when i confirm i was pregnant..
then relatives around 2 months.
shared the news with "the whole world" only after 3 months.

muffinger

i hv only shared w both side of the immediate family and a few cols.

i hve a concern... coy once ask a preggy lady to at her 4-5 mths :S
reason was, coy not doing well.. they ask her and anther guy to go..but we all know
that reason was not valid .. .

hence now im trying not to tell my boss as early as possible.
the law only protect us 90 days before our due date i,e coy cant ask us to go 90 days before due date..

BeingSingle

you will start to show by week 15 or so...how can not tell until 90days before? 90 days before will be big like a buffalo already!

muffinger

yeh,, so i will only tell when he ask to confirm or delay telling.
I do not want the coy to hv funny ideas ..if u get wat am saying

maneo0302

I understand, muffinger.
That means you will only tell your boss when you're 7 months or so. Hmm... But what if your boss ask you to do heavy work?

muffinger

I understand, muffinger.
That means you will only tell your boss when you're 7 months or so. Hmm... But what if your boss ask you to do heavy work?
Guess wat i saw that i had the opp to tell him day..i went ahead ..if not it will always be on my mind.
Hope he will be gd and not try be funny ..

maneo0302

I completely understand your situation.
Actually I had wanted to change job at first. I went for the first interview b4 I was preg. The company called me for 2nd interview when I found that I'm preg. It was a good opportunity for me because that is a good company and I thought of changing job while preg.

But in the end, I changed my mind. I will surely fail the urine test (during pre-employment medical exam). Anyway, I have to stay on till year 2011 i believe. Wait for maternity benefits, childbirth voucher etc. But that will only happen in June. Have to wait very long...

Make a pregnancy ticker

pipilili

Maybe can tell them after 1st trimester.

But if you are working, its best to let your boss and a close friend know, in case something happens to you in office. *choy choy*

My MIL still doesn't know I am pregnant. Intend to break the news to MIL during CNY eve. kekeke:001_302: