When did you start telling people about your pregnancy?

I'm 5 weeks and I've not told anyone.

I don't see how people can happily announce to the whole world on their facebook status about being pregnant when they're only 4 weeks!

When did you start telling family, friends?

:smile:

shajalia

I only inform certain people who i can trust like Bestie, sibling and certain family members.

And i told to keep it as i am not sure my baby condition is it safe enuf.

Amulet

well, i told my best friends the day i tested positive and informed my HR when i was ard 8weeks iirc..

Hi,

I am also around 5weeks plus now. So far i have told my parent, MIL, FIL,SILs and also my 3 close team mates at work as sometimes i need their help to carry so stuff, immediate boss and lastly 3 close friends. I feel it's ok to tell people you trust and you know they will keep a secret for you during the first 3 months. : )

ilovelebins

im abt 5+ weeks as well & so far only my parents, sis & her bf, my MIL (not sure if she has told my FIL or not) & a close colleague (coz I need her help in carrying heavy stuff) know.. I'm still wondering if I shld tell my bestie or not..

candy_ian

I couldn't contain my excitement the moment I found out I'm pregnant so everyone knew when I was about 5 wks?

Mummy to Baby V

Only immediate family members initially. I feel secure only after 12 weeks. That's what my obgyn suggests too. Need to beat the 20% statistics for 12 weeks.

gumbokins

I told my mum when I tested positive on both home kit and at the gynae but my doc said it was still too early to tell ppl (first visit can only see sac). So I endure lor..had to go to camp some more but endure lah, endure until got green light from gynae to say.

Phoebii Cheng

I found out I was pregnant when I was 8weeks.....so I told my family and colleagues, and some close friends

When I was 10 weeks then I told most of my other friends

keefu

When I knew my pregnancy in 5 weeks, I told my family (eventually they spread to other family members too), my bf (now hubby)'s family and some of his relatives and told some friends who I have closer contact with. Wasn't too comfortable in telling everyone cos baby's not stable during 1st trimester and having stress from the wedding preparations.

After my wedding and knowing my baby's gender at the same time, I then started to reveal my pregnancy. :tlaugh:

Juliana

ive not yet tell any1 bout my prgnancy acpt for my hsbnd n my parents cuz ive not yet cnfrm wit any dc :err:..i only use prgncy hme test kt lorr..now im 10wks prgnt...:we2Randy-git:

maneo0302

I told my mum when I tested positive with the home test kit. Only told my in-laws after I've checked with the family dr that I'm preg. I started to tell my boss when i'm 3 months. Now I'm going on 18 weeks. Some of my colleagues still do not know. They only asked me when they see my protruding tummy and when I wear stretchable 3/4 pants to work everyday.

26JMC

my in laws- 6 weeks
my own parents and boss- 8 weeks
my closest friend- 4 week
to rest of the world- wait till my tummy round and big 1st...hahah

Last edited:

maneo0302

Hi 26JMC. Guess I told my mum and in-laws earlier than you, but to my boss after 4 weeks (still not very stable). So are you having a boy or girl?

26JMC

mane0302, i have no choice but to tell my MIL early because she was brewing those very heaty herbal soup...
i am currently 12 week only..still dunno yet.. just went for oscar scan tdy only..
so u know u are carrying boy or girl now?

maneo0302

i'm also at the earlier stage of the 2nd trimester. 18 weeks tomorrow. I'm going to the gynea this Sat. Hope to be able to know the gender!