When is the right time to start reading story book to our little ones ?

Carol

I started when he's inside me. LOL. V kiasu right. & i'll let him listen to Little Mozart CD too.

Now he's 2+ weeks old, im reading ABC book to him. & yes, he's still listening to Little Mozart CD. :D

I on Baby Mozart Cd when he's sleeping :001_302:

`julee

i bot her to the lib and i was shocked she put quite an interest in book. even if she was holding the book upside down, she was pretending to read.
and i was more shocked wen i asked her the animals and she could tell me properly..

my hard work paid off. *fuuhh*

mummy

err... i started reading thru' a tube (paper hand towel roll) pointing to my tummy when i was expecting :laugh:
i love to read and so really from a growing baby till today i still ready to my 7yrs son.
even when listening to music it's the headset ones, it'll be placed over my belly. and till today he'll play his music (worship) at bedtime.

reading is a great habit to cultivate and a very good one, i must say... so the earlier you start, the better it is.
when ds was 3mths old i started him on a 'diy' glan doman method, i made flash cards and got the videos (your baby can read) as back then; they didn't have vcds and books to teach him.
:)

vodkager

i tried to start reading to him when he's 3mths.. but he showed no interest at all.. i bought him clothbooks.. but he look at it for awhile and throw one side.. even till now!! he's alr 1yo.. got him hard cover books.. throw! throw! throw! read to him, he just continue playing w his own things.. or he will try to snatch them..>.< HOW can i gain his interest in reading?!

zhuzhu_41

Wah piang, Jac.. U same case with me lor. Keidi also not interested in my readings. I tried to read her The 3 Little Pigs and she wanna snatch the book to chew. She totally show no interest at all. I so scare she next time don't have the interest to read. She only likes to listen to my singing cos I always sing Ni Wa Wa to her. Haha.

Mum2Matty

I hv yet to start "reading" to my son, 13mhs old. Will be looking out for some board books for him soon. Want to "practise reading" to him before he retire to bed.

sebmum

We started him very young (can't remember exactly which month). We read him stories before bedtime stories and he has to hug a book to sleep:twink:.

CynCyn

Wah piang, Jac.. U same case with me lor. Keidi also not interested in my readings. I tried to read her The 3 Little Pigs and she wanna snatch the book to chew. She totally show no interest at all. I so scare she next time don't have the interest to read. She only likes to listen to my singing cos I always sing Ni Wa Wa to her. Haha.
Hahaha ! Keidi is so cute .
Brayden reacts to my twinkle twinkle little star . Lol !

tiziana

my dd loves it when i read to her or open a book infront of her, she will get all excited and start blabbering. :) cute luh she!

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
i started reading to my kids in utero. Had this fetal speaker that i will attach to my tummy.

Apparently when they were born, they respond to the familiar stories which i read to them when i was pregnant. *amazing*

lolpraj

haven started reading to her yets....maybe i shld liao....hehe.
hello mum's for all 6mth old,
am new to this page, can anyone suggest home made food(cereals) for 6mth old. My gal how much ever she eats, she looks very thin, kinda of worried when my friends ask.she looks smaller to her age. Please suggest. Iam too worried for her.

priscilla

I started reading to my boy when we found out that we were pregnant with him and so far have been reading everyday without fail with him.

We look for every opportunity to read be it in a queue, in a bus, in a train or waiting for our food in the restaurant, etc. I also have a couple of boys in my bag.

ireneliau

once baby can see colour stuff.. if too early, mother phyically is also too tired to read to baby when they are too small.. For me i borrow hard cover storybooks and read to my daughter when she can sit up properly.. Now she is 15month, she like to flip through all the storybook that i borroow 2 weekly. And she really enjoy it. Bounding time with her also.. i enjoy it too..

dek2k8

Alpha Male
once baby can see colour stuff.. if too early, mother phyically is also too tired to read to baby when they are too small.. For me i borrow hard cover storybooks and read to my daughter when she can sit up properly.. Now she is 15month, she like to flip through all the storybook that i borroow 2 weekly. And she really enjoy it. Bounding time with her also.. i enjoy it too..
Yes,agreed.Got it.

Maybe using a not too long story book or the kid will sleep in the middle it.
(before the ending of the story)

:tlaugh::001_302:

jedamum

my now 1 year old loves books.
will quietly sit down beside me or on my lap when i say 'read book read book'.
will quietly sit down in his cot and flip books when he is in the mood.

i find those 'flip the flaps' books very attention getting. my boy loves them. the only down side is that there are now a lot of sticky tapes in the book to hold the flaps up as my boy has torn most of them. :p