When to start going Preschool or Playgroup? Need a good one in Yishun/Sembawang Area

tweetytwee

Hi Mummies!!!

Need Help here!
My Twins are now 13mths plus.
I'm sourcing around for a good School for them.

How old to start going for School?
Any advantage to start going at young age?

I intend to let them go Preschool at age of 3. But some said can start at 18mths.
So I'm confused. Can anyone help?

And I need some good ones around Yishun/Sembawang Area.
Can anyone adv me.

Thanks alot. :)

Phoebii Cheng

Re: When to start going Preschool or Playgroup? Need a good one in Yishun/Sembawang A

I think it depends on yourself, my son was in CC since 4 mths old.....so far I personally feel that the benefit of sending them early is that they can make more friends, be more independent and also learning through play, songs, stories and in CC their life is more routine, but of cos I am also a working mum

However if you want to send them when they are 3 is also fine, but at home you got to teach them various activities like stories, songs, play etc....if you can do that I think it is good enough, cos at 18 months they only learn the basic, but still most of it is still playtime and learning to share, interacting with pple

Think through what u want for ur child, that is the most important......

tweetytwee

Re: When to start going Preschool or Playgroup? Need a good one in Yishun/Sembawang A

Hi Phoebii,

Thanks for ur reply. :)
I'm a working mum too but my inlaws are taking care of my babies so I do not need to send them to CC.

If so young, they go there just to play, I think my FIL can also play with them. :p
Just wanna know what would they teach them at 18mths. U have any ideas?

My plan is to send them to 2/3 hr at age 3 to expose them.
I'm not sure what good preschool or Kindergarden they have around my area. Want to find out more on those. U hv any recommendation?
Or what should one look out for when choosing a school?

Thanks ya! :)

Phoebii Cheng

Hi Phoebii,

I'm a working mum too but my inlaws are taking care of my babies so I do not need to send them to CC.

If so young, they go there just to play, I think my FIL can also play with them. :p

I'm not sure what good preschool or Kindergarden they have around my area. Want to find out more on those. U hv any recommendation?

For my son when he is at PG around 18mths, most of the time is routine for him, cos' he is full day at CC.....they hv assembly in the morning, then it is either playtime or arts & crafts, songs, stories then it is bathtime/lunchtime, milktime, nap, snacktime, then it is playtime again either outdoor or indoor, songs

Once in a while they will go out for field trips

It is good to expose them.....hmm where do you stay? I send my son to CC in ghim moh

When choosing a school? I think it is most impt that they enjoy they place, the teachers are caring to the children's needs & wants, and most impt is communication bet parents & teachers

Oh yes, my son hv a portfolio, like every quarter, they will update us on what they do in sch, lessons tht they teach, songs tht they teach so tht we can continue with them at home. And also every month, we got back my son's arts & crafts, now we do not know what to do with them, cos' so many

And oh yes, they do celebrations in sch too like national day, racial harmony day, christmas, childrens' day etc so children can learn the meaning of national day etc

jamespon

Hi Phoebii,

I think if you got someone to help you, sending out at age 4 also no problem. Have to depend on your child, whether can adapt or not. If can learn faster at home, sending out too early also no point. :)

tweetytwee

Hi Phoebii,

I think they will have learn more things in CC cos there are professional pple there to tech & guide them. So I tot it will be better to expose them at around age 3.
Cos too young, they play alot and my FIL can play & teach them simple stuff.

They can comprehend so many things at such a young age. I'm amazed by them. :)

I stayed around Yishun/Sembawang Area. So is looking for one around here. :p

Hi jamespon,

How early is early? If there's someone to teach them at home is ok rite. By going CC, they can learn more stuff there?

Phoebii Cheng

I think it is all about exposure when u send ur child to PG......I mean like what James says, you can also teach them at home, I have a friend whose children nv attend sch at all till they are secondary sch. She teach them at home till Pr 6.....

Ultimately it depends on what you want for your child

Hmm you stay ard north area, hmmm I don't know of any good CC around there sorry, but you can go to this forum, theres' a CC column or you can google abt the CC

Please remember when u decide to send your child to CC, visit them when they are not busy, and also when they are busy, see how they actually deal with the kids and also their daily routine

Mike Daddy

Hi Phoebii,

hi tweety,

one of my frens is running a private baby playgroup. She's very good. 13 over years experience. Let me know if you are keen to find out more. Thanks!

Tannie

hi tweety,

one of my frens is running a private baby playgroup. She's very good. 13 over years experience. Let me know if you are keen to find out more. Thanks!
hi Mike Daddy, I am interested too, may I know where is ur fren located?

Ekari

This thread is almost a year old and I doubt you'll get an answer from him anymore.