When will baby starts kicking me???

maneo0302

Wow, need to be so rush? Well, I've heard kids who are exposed to other kids more frequently learn stuff faster like socializing n getting sick too, crawls n talk sooner.. Duno if it's true haha
I think its true. And if you put your kid to a gd kindergarten, your child will be able to follow up on their studies when they are in P1. Unlike us last time...do our best can already.

XenXuan

Ya tats y I'm bringing my son to playgroup when it's possible.. There r playgroups for 18mths onwards if not wrong haha.. Will soon have to start bring him to all those enrichment lessons already.. Our time where got such good studies environment..

maneo0302

Ya tats y I'm bringing my son to playgroup when it's possible.. There r playgroups for 18mths onwards if not wrong haha.. Will soon have to start bring him to all those enrichment lessons already.. Our time where got such good studies environment..
Last time i only went to a kindergarten thats below my Block. Then went to PAP. Then went to a Primary School opposite my house. Haha! My parents also don't have to queue overnight to let me go to a good school. But now, all parents so kiasu. I also don't want to lose out.

My hubby will bring our son to enrichment classes. I will concentrate on my own work and housework. :)

XenXuan

Ya it's quite kiasu.. But if we dun do the same for our kids,in future can see they really lose out to other kids who went.. So no choice,juz gotta let them learn..but I will oso see,if my kid dun like,I won't force them to learn.. Those basic stuff like phonics,piano n some mental circulation courses r quite essential n will benefit them thru out their lifes sure need to learn.. The rest I will juz let loose abit,see them study so stress,I oso stress..

maneo0302

Ya it's quite kiasu.. But if we dun do the same for our kids,in future can see they really lose out to other kids who went.. So no choice,juz gotta let them learn..but I will oso see,if my kid dun like,I won't force them to learn.. Those basic stuff like phonics,piano n some mental circulation courses r quite essential n will benefit them thru out their lifes sure need to learn.. The rest I will juz let loose abit,see them study so stress,I oso stress..
Ya. The society is cruel now. So we have no choice.

whomovedmycheese

that is y only at night i'll place headphones over my tummy n let baby listen to a particular music, hopefully next time the music can calm n soothe baby if baby refuse to sleep during the night .. hee :wong2:
Just my 2 cents worth, if you have attended the antenatal class, you might not do that anymore. Coz if you put the headphone over your tummy, you are actually creating bigger ripples and stronger vibrations in the amniotic fluid and this is supposedly bad for the baby, and might affect the hearing of the baby in the future. The instructor did quote a life example.

However, it is ok if you just play it in the background. :001_302:

pixie

As a first time mum, I only felt first movement from my baby around 22 weeks. I am kind of retarded to feelings/movements! :001_302:

XenXuan

Pixie,my 1st pregnancy I oso feel my baby's movements once in awhile only.. But one thing for sure can feel/hear if u lie on bed quietly,that is ur baby's heartbeat..Some said 1st pregnancy feels baby's movement slower but not sure if it's true..

eejess

Just my 2 cents worth, if you have attended the antenatal class, you might not do that anymore. Coz if you put the headphone over your tummy, you are actually creating bigger ripples and stronger vibrations in the amniotic fluid and this is supposedly bad for the baby, and might affect the hearing of the baby in the future. The instructor did quote a life example.

However, it is ok if you just play it in the background. :001_302:
oh really, luckily i stop after 2 days n played music in the background instead..

maneo0302

Pixie,my 1st pregnancy I oso feel my baby's movements once in awhile only.. But one thing for sure can feel/hear if u lie on bed quietly,that is ur baby's heartbeat..Some said 1st pregnancy feels baby's movement slower but not sure if it's true..
I felt rumblings when I'm about 24 weeks. No kickings at all.
As for heartbeat, i can feel it at my tummy area. But wonder if that's my own heartbeat or baby's.

Make a pregnancy ticker

XenXuan

I always place a hand on my heart n the other hand on my lower tummy while feeling for my baby's heartbeat.. Calm down n u will feel there's 2sets of heartbeat, urs n ur baby.. I've been feeling it since my 1st pregnancy 3mths pregnant,I started feeling double heartbeat n suspected I'm pregnant hahhaa

maneo0302

I always place a hand on my heart n the other hand on my lower tummy while feeling for my baby's heartbeat.. Calm down n u will feel there's 2sets of heartbeat, urs n ur baby.. I've been feeling it since my 1st pregnancy 3mths pregnant,I started feeling double heartbeat n suspected I'm pregnant hahhaa
Normally my hubby will put his ear to my tummy and listen. He will tell me when he hears heartbeat, as I'm not that sensitive.

XenXuan

Hehe it's fun listening to the tummy..it's only others can listen, mummies themselves can feel only.. I tried listening to my friend's tummy once,it's so cute,watery bubbles n heartbeats haha

maneo0302

Hehe it's fun listening to the tummy..it's only others can listen, mummies themselves can feel only.. I tried listening to my friend's tummy once,it's so cute,watery bubbles n heartbeats haha
Yeah, we can only feel, while others can only hear. Its either way. :)

citrella

I have some rumblings and movement in the tummy. But I am not very sure whether it's the baby kicking/punching/swimming or it's just air bubbles movements and wind in the stomach.

How do you actually differentiate? It's tricky.

pipilili

yeah I can feel rumbling, or fluttering kind of feeling ...you know there is movement inside..but just wasn't sure if its bb or gas moving along intestines so that you can fart it out. Hahahaaa:001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

XenXuan

Sometimes it's hard to differentiate,but as u move nearer to due date,it will get very obvious.. Like a sudden big movement of turning sides or a stretch from 1side of ur tummy to the other.. If unsure its baby's movement,try rubbing ur tummy abit,like sayang ur baby,at times baby will react n move again..

maneo0302

Sometimes it's hard to differentiate,but as u move nearer to due date,it will get very obvious.. Like a sudden big movement of turning sides or a stretch from 1side of ur tummy to the other.. If unsure its baby's movement,try rubbing ur tummy abit,like sayang ur baby,at times baby will react n move again..
I tried rubbing my tummy, but there's no response. Stubborn baby like my hubby. :)

Make a pregnancy ticker

pipilili

Sometimes I can feel movement around day time or night time...or when I am cooking cos the fire face my abdo. I think it's bb movement but it's not very strong yet...(like I won't say ouch!)