When will baby starts kicking me???

XenXuan

haha its fun trying to find ur baby's movements/kickings.. at times she's turning n dancing inside so virbrantly,she refuse to kick me the moment i ask my hubby to feel my tummy.. the Pop up is their body turning or limbs moving.. good thing is not those painful/sharp Pop ups haha

Worrywort

I can't help it but nowadays, or rather, ever since I recognized my baby's movements n started to feel them, my hands have always been on my tummy... Trying to feel movements to be assured. Gynae told me there shld be movement every 3-4 hours.. Always worried that she doesn't move :S sigh.. My next appt is on 21st, a long long way...

XenXuan

Dun need worry de la.. Sometimes baby might be sleeping..i've been trying to talk to my baby more,haha.. Some ppl said talk to the baby more now will help baby recognize ur voice n react to ur voice too..Now in my 3rd trimester,baby's kicking/movements have been so active,at times I will tell her be more gentle,mama will pain..

Worrywort

Lol, sometimes I can't help but feel she must find me very annoying.. Always disturbing her wanting her to move... Then when she's out, I would wish she would be the opposite haha. ! She must find me so irritating ! I always lie down flat or slightly elevated when I want to feel her movement but sometimes none, then I get a bit impatient. Zzz.

XenXuan

Sometimes can juz try to feel baby's heartbeat instead of urging baby to kick.. As u reach nearer to ur due date,baby's movements will be more active n frequent.. It's said to be when lie down straight,baby will tend to kick.. Mine sometimes will juz ignore me n carry on sleep too,sometimes will move n kick till I feel so uncomfortable,I will gently tap my tummy or rub haha..

pixie

maneo0302, your baby's behaviour is so similar to mine! She doesn't kick as per say, but she does turn or do somersauts when I am laying side way and she's more active from evening onwards which I am quite pleased since I am usually busy and lots of walking around during the day at work :)

I started to feel the first movements around 22-23 weeks. I've just entered the 3rd trimester this week and looking forward to the growth scan by end of this month.

maneo0302

maneo0302, your baby's behaviour is so similar to mine! She doesn't kick as per say, but she does turn or do somersauts when I am laying side way and she's more active from evening onwards which I am quite pleased since I am usually busy and lots of walking around during the day at work :)

I started to feel the first movements around 22-23 weeks. I've just entered the 3rd trimester this week and looking forward to the growth scan by end of this month.
I'm not too sure if I will be going for the growth scan. My gynea says if i want, she can arrange. Then don't need i think.
My baby is active throughout the day and evening. When i'm sleeping, i don't feel it. Probably i sleep like a log. :)
I felt movements when i'm about 6 mths.

Make a pregnancy ticker

pixie

I would definitely go for the growth scan as it is inclusive in my Maternity package.
My girl is rather subtle, she doesn't kick but just some small movements. However, surely she is growing as last week, when the gynae did the scan for me, she weights around 1.4kg.

Of course, when I sleep, I can't feel her movements....LOL but when I wake up in the morning, I could sense her presence.

maneo0302

I would definitely go for the growth scan as it is inclusive in my Maternity package.
My girl is rather subtle, she doesn't kick but just some small movements. However, surely she is growing as last week, when the gynae did the scan for me, she weights around 1.4kg.

Of course, when I sleep, I can't feel her movements....LOL but when I wake up in the morning, I could sense her presence.
I don't have a maternity package that includes growth scans. If if i do, i will definitely go for it too!
My baby only moves and turns. He weighs 1.6kg in my 30th week. Hopefully when i see my gynea two weeks later, he weighs more than 2kg.
Now tummy is getting bigger and face rounder. Oh dear...

angelpeisze

I am now on week 26. Last night can't sleep at all after my toilet break at 2am, my BB gal keep moving here and there, always feel the kick and bump. Just wonder izzit my baby gal hungry as I feel hungry but I lazy to wake up at the middle of the night. But end up I wake up to eat some biscuit and Milo then go back to sleep at 6am again. Luckily my BB gal didn't kick anymore but still can feel the vibrate a bit. Oh dear !!
Izzit normal that my BB kick me on the middle of the night?? Izzit she feel hungry then keep kicking me??

XenXuan

My baby girl likes to do turns n somersaults instead of kickings too.. Try drink some milk b4 u go sleep so u won't feel tat hungry when sleeping in the night.. My girl tend to turn n move alot in the nite too,sometimes when I asleep I got woke up by her turnings haha..Usually baby will feel hungry/eat 2hrs after we ate,when the food digested n travelled into the amino fluid for baby to absorb..i guess we feel baby's movements more when we r hungry is cuz our body got more empty space,so the movements will be felt much more stronger than usual.. Since baby's inside actually moving alot like 20hrs per day,even when they r asleep..

angelpeisze

My baby girl likes to do turns n somersaults instead of kickings too.. Try drink some milk b4 u go sleep so u won't feel tat hungry when sleeping in the night.. My girl tend to turn n move alot in the nite too,sometimes when I asleep I got woke up by her turnings haha..Usually baby will feel hungry/eat 2hrs after we ate,when the food digested n travelled into the amino fluid for baby to absorb..i guess we feel baby's movements more when we r hungry is cuz our body got more empty space,so the movements will be felt much more stronger than usual.. Since baby's inside actually moving alot like 20hrs per day,even when they r asleep..
Its too bad that i can't drink milk as my stomach weak, got tried before but end up "lao sai".... Don't dare to tried anymore now. Btw, so far how many weight you gain? Heard ppl said that we will eat a lot and gain more weight on 3rd trimester huh??

XenXuan

i almost did not weight myself at home anymore since 4mths pregnant..cant bear to see the numbers.. only go for check ups then will take e weight there.. last weighted at 28weeks,total weight gained so far was 11kg..going for my next check up on apr 29,so will see by then gained how much..

i only felt i eat lesser since 3rd trimester,not sure why too.. i heard ppl said 3rd trimester will gain the most weight too.. i was like that in my 1st pregnancy,gained 10kg alone in 3rd trimester back then.. maybe have something to do with that water retention too.. hopefully this time wont happen again since i dont have much water retention tis time..

how about try oatmeal?those quakers instant oatmeal,mix them in your milo or have it alone before sleep.. will help keep your stomach full too.. or eat some biscuits/bread,not too full before you sleep.. my girl dont like milk too,i have to keep thinking of ways to keep myself not hungry before sleep,if not wont be able to sleep haha.. fresh milk have some helping in constipation,as it will make you go dirrhea when drank too much.. tested n proven myself Hahaha..

Last edited:

XenXuan

My weight gained when at 20weeks was about 4kg only.. Lost weight in the 1st 2months even thou wasnt having v bad MS.. Im gaining about 2kg every month since 2nd trimester.. Hopefully won't gain too much by due date,baby gain weight n healthy will do..