Where can I buy affordable good poreclain bowls & plate.

Gladys

HI,

I have been using plastic bowls & plate and would like to convert it to poreclain . I know shopping like Metro or OG do sell but a bit exp. Anyone can recommand.

diymummy

I saw some at Sheng Siong and Giant but I didn't really check the prices coz I didn't really like the design.

I bought mine from Isetan. Soup spoon is about $1.70. Bowls are about $2+ (can't remember). Not sure if those are within your budget.

Mine has no designs at all just plain white.

Gladys

I suppose porcelain is safe to use rather than plastic. Am I right?

Is it plain white one better than those with design. Any comments. Tks

diymummy

Porcelain is better than plastic coz of the BPA factor as well as porcelain looks better than plastic.

But porcelain is heavier than plastic and breaks more easily than plastic.

If you have kids at home who are walking around or helping you out in the kitchen, porcelain might or might not be a good idea depending on how you look at it.

Those that are plastic and design, really have to depend on the quality. Cheapwares usually has the design come off after many washes and sometimes if you scrape hard enough, the designs could come off and we won't know if the things that come off would land in food or not, going into your kids' mouths.

Porcelain with design, so far I've not heard of many complaints. But do try to avoid the gold plated ones... Last time my mum used to buy gold plated porcelain stuff and the paint or whatever it is, either came off or is oxidised.

Domique

How about Ikea? Their design of plates and kitchen ware is quite nice... affordable too!

Ting

yeah i think ikea have pretty nice n cheap ones.
for me, i prefer plain ones or minimum design. :)

diymummy

Actually, my hubby says he saw some nice ones at Chinatown which come quite cheaply. You might want to scout around that area if you have time.

Gladys

Thank you everyone.

I have bought the white porcelain cups from Daiso Sembawang Shopping Centre. But too bad they did not have bowls & plates.

I bought it from Ikea for white bowls & plates.

Anyone know what is the difference between porcelain and stoneware. Is it the same?