Where do u buy organic stuff for ur baby?

paull

My baby is reaching nine mths in a few days time, and so far i've been feeding her organic food..
normally i buy frm Cold Storage (taka), but i realise that their range is limited, esp for fruits (so far i've only seen apples and oranges)..
anyone can advise me where do u normally buy organic food for ur baby? I'm looking for organic fruits (eg peaches, bananas) and meat, normal supermarkets don't carry them at all..
I've check out supernature also, but find that their things are too ex for me (as compared to cold storage)..
any organic shops near town? Cuz i'm wrking there =)

TIA!

lulu8173

There is organic supermarkets at Tanglin Mall ( Brown Rice Paradise) and at Great World City ( 4 seasons)
I believe they have fresh fruits / vegetables and frozen organic meats and chicken.

Hope that helps!

Frenchkitty

My son attends playgym at Harbourfront Centre every weekend so we do our organic grocery shopping at this Organic shop just same level, level 3.. opposite the Baby Spa shop.
Cant remember the shop name though, but the boss is friendly and they r cheaper than the other organic shops I visited.

Bellamy organic milk is only $40 (after discount) per tin. 4 Seasons selling $45

stonston

For food, my fave is still Brown Rice Paradise at Tanglin Mall. At the same time, can check out the Cold Storage at Tanglin Mall. They have a larger variety of organic products.

For skincare and vitamins, I get mine from www.iherb.com.
Use discount code YAF688 for $5 off your first purchase :D

paull

thanks everyone!!!!

i have another qns: can my 9mths take bittergourd? or winter melon, old cucumber?

and wat about fruits like rambutan, longans etc (pureed)..

sorry ar alot of qns, wanna let my dd try everything possible! =D

stonston

I introduced bittergourd after 1yo.
At 9mths, my boy was eating old cucumber (cook in soup), brinjal (remove skin).
For longan and rambutan, I only intro after 1yo as I know some ppl are allergic to them.

tanfamily

hi, just want to share, mum and i did bulk order for sprout organic baby food with variety of flavours with other mums, my daughter love it a lot.. a tooth for organic baby food. surprisely, she do not like other bottle food available in supermarket.

tpyy

Hi, thanks for sharing. Where did you bulk order from? It is so hard because baby eats only a few teaspoons and I freeze the remaining fruit and enough for one month. I want to buy organic fresh and then puree and freeze.

tanfamily

For fresh produce, there are several organic shops around that sell fresh produce, my daughter love the organic apple apple to be steamed. I am the daddy(wrong gender identified by the mummsg) and i blog on her food experience

Daddy-is-a-Nurse: August 2011

For the travel and regular snacks, we buy Sprout brand organic baby food. My daughter hated heinz and gerber food, not pleasant, too puree. Sprout organic food is one of the best among the import we get from USA and we sell cheap to other mothers the remaining excess stocks

Currently, she eats the following flavours:

1. Banana and brown rice
2. Pears and apricots
3. Butternut squash
4. Peach rice pudding

The official website is http://www.sproutbabyfood.com/index.php

The local wholesale site and comments/review is found here where you can buy samples of above and try is : Kids Baby - Baby Clothing, Baby Feeding, Baby Accessories, Baby Food and Hygiene Needs: WTS/Pre-order: Sprout Organic Baby Food(Intermediate) - $ 5.50 per pack

thanks everyone!!!!

i have another qns: can my 9mths take bittergourd? or winter melon, old cucumber?

and wat about fruits like rambutan, longans etc (pureed)..

sorry ar alot of qns, wanna let my dd try everything possible! =D
I just gave my son bitter gourd earlier for his lunch. Happy he ate it :D