where has my tummy gone?!!

jasobias

Any mum had a small tummy during pregnancy?Mine i carried so small tht until 8 months pregnant when i pointed out to pple i am pregnant then they know.They will all comment..wah so small ah?But delivered at 37 weeks n baby weighed 2.92kg.Hmmm..thts really gd acc to my gynae.She said a big tummy doesnt mean a big baby.
Now baby is 15 days old.My tummy went flat after 5 days post delivery.Didnt go for any massage .On 8th day i went out to my sons swim class with my baby n everyone was asking whose baby it was!!!!when i said mine..their first comment was tht they didnt even realised i was pregnant n then they were asking where is my tummy coz it had gone flat n i was wearing my old spaghetti tops once again n shorts.Wah piang!Dunno whether to be flattered or insulted!!!
Went for my gynae check yesterday n she too commented..wow..thts the flattest tummy she had seen after delivery so soon.She said it was quite rare..hmmmm..no wonder all other mummies were staring at me when i was carrying my baby ard the clinic.I am still feeling quite disturbed.If anyone ask me again whose baby..i think i am gonna punch them out:err:

apollo

Any mum had a small tummy during pregnancy?Mine i carried so small tht until 8 months pregnant when i pointed out to pple i am pregnant then they know.They will all comment..wah so small ?But delivered at 37 weeks and baby weighed 2.92kg.Hmmm..thts really good acc to my gynae.She said a big tummy doesnt mean a big baby.
Now baby is 15 days old.My tummy went flat after 5 days post delivery.Didnt go for any massage .On 8th day i went out to my sons swim class with my baby and everyone was asking whose baby it was!!!!when i said mine..their first comment was tht they didnt even realised i was pregnant and then they were asking where is my tummy coz it had gone flat and i was wearing my old spaghetti tops once again and shorts.Wah piang!dont know whether to be flattered or insulted!!!
Went for my gynae check yesterday and she too commented..wow..thts the flattest tummy she had seen after delivery so soon.She said it was quite rare..hmmmm..no wonder all other mummies were staring at me when i was carrying my baby around the clinic.I am still feeling quite disturbed.If anyone ask me again whose baby..i think i am gonna punch them out:err:
haha... it's a good thing that your tummy goes off so fast .. mine totally goes off on the 2nd week,but my hip stil big =(... alot ppl said very fast too and my face is much more sharpen than before preg..

i delivered at 38week and dear son was 2.91kilo...

actually you should feel proud that you're back to pre-preg figure so fast... alot ppl will envy you , hot mama! haha:tlaugh:

Last edited:

moonfairy

Any mum had a small tummy during pregnancy?Mine i carried so small tht until 8 months pregnant when i pointed out to pple i am pregnant then they know.They will all comment..wah so small ?But delivered at 37 weeks and baby weighed 2.92kg.Hmmm..thts really good acc to my gynae.She said a big tummy doesnt mean a big baby.
Now baby is 15 days old.My tummy went flat after 5 days post delivery.Didnt go for any massage .On 8th day i went out to my sons swim class with my baby and everyone was asking whose baby it was!!!!when i said mine..their first comment was tht they didnt even realised i was pregnant and then they were asking where is my tummy coz it had gone flat and i was wearing my old spaghetti tops once again and shorts.Wah piang!dont know whether to be flattered or insulted!!!
Went for my gynae check yesterday and she too commented..wow..thts the flattest tummy she had seen after delivery so soon.She said it was quite rare..hmmmm..no wonder all other mummies were staring at me when i was carrying my baby around the clinic.I am still feeling quite disturbed.If anyone ask me again whose baby..i think i am gonna punch them out:err:
I rather you be happy about your flat tummy. Just say "It's my baby and I am proud of it." :)

jasobias

wow u delivered at 28 weeks?n sons weight so gd?how is he now?
ya can feel proud lah i got gd figure but when pple start to speculate where the baby came from ah thts the sian part.Dont make me take pics of my stitches there to show them..hahhaah..tht wld convince them!!!

apollo

wow you delivered at 28 weeks?and sons weight so good?how is he now?
ya can feel proud i got good figure but when pple start to speculate where the baby came from thts the sian part.Dont make me take pics of my stitches there to show them..hahhaah..tht wld convince them!!!
paiseh!!! typo error! is 38 weeks!!! haha!!!!

when i was preg, EVERYONE commented how small was my tummy esp my mum! I got so pissed off and told them "my gynae said my tummy is on the RIGHT size, my baby too"

even 2days before I delivered my son, I went for haircut, the hair sytlist asked "so when are you giving birth?" I told them 2 days later as my was scheduled c-sect. She replied "huh! haven reach the 7th month can give birth? why so early?" I nearly faint on the spot! haha..

jasobias

paiseh!!! typo error! is 38 weeks!!! haha!!!!

when i was preg, EVERYONE commented how small was my tummy esp my mum! I got so pissed off and told them "my gynae said my tummy is on the RIGHT size, my baby too"

even 2days before I delivered my son, I went for haircut, the hair sytlist asked "so when are you giving birth?" I told them 2 days later as my was scheduled c-sect. She replied "huh! have not reach the 7th month can give birth? why so early?" I nearly faint on the spot! haha..
hahhahah..ya i know exactly wht u mean.Somemore i have 2 sons at home.I also carried very small with them but they were quite big..38 weeks 3.5 kg n 37 weeks 3.2 kg.So i guess everyone was expecting my tummy musceles to be weaker n stretch more ths time.But i dont have any stretch marks on tummy till now.Gd genes..but when my mum was pregnant she said her tummy was huge!!!She had 5 of us somemore!
But my tummy b4 pregnancy was washboard abs kind..hahhaha..i am a bikini mum!!!But havent exercised since last march coz was pregnant last yr also but lost the baby at 23 weeks.N then got pregnant again after 6 weeks of tht.
Do u exercise?

apollo

hahhahah..ya i know exactly wht you mean.Somemore i have 2 sons at home.I also carried very small with them but they were quite big..38 weeks 3.5 kg and 37 weeks 3.2 kg.So i guess everyone was expecting my tummy musceles to be weaker and stretch more ths time.But i dont have any stretch marks on tummy till now.good genes..but when my mum was pregnant she said her tummy was huge!!!She had 5 of us somemore!
But my tummy before pregnancy was washboard abs kind..hahhaha..i am a bikini mum!!!But havent exercised since last march coz was pregnant last your also but lost the baby at 23 weeks.and then got pregnant again after 6 weeks of tht.
Do you exercise?

i don't exercise.. i lazy la... haha... u so good lo, after 3 babies still can maintain huh... buay pai sia... any tips?? :001_302:

somenifty

As long as you and your baby is healthy and happy then it doesn't matter whether your tummy is flat or not :)

JusMum

my god .. so envy you .. my boy come out weight 4.12kg , he is almost 3 month , and i still have this tummy that cant go off , can u teach me how can i lost this tummy like you ,, as i go c-sec , and my fren told my for c-sec tummy is hard to disappear .. is that true ar ?? i was so fed up with me tummy .. :shyxxx:

jasobias

ya i heard c section tummies r harder to get rid of.I had no confinement so maybe tht cld be one reason why.But coz i kept moving ard too much i a few of my stitches did come off..so the pain got worse.Just rest n recover first.No point trying to get rid of tummy then end up with more permanent problems.
Just had some visitors n kept covering my tummy..so just sat in bed the whoel time they were here..hehheheh.Some totless pple asked..waaah u go on diet do fast is it?! idiots man!!

jasobias

i dont't exercise.. i lazy ... haha... you so good , after 3 babies still can maintain huh... buay pai sia... any tips?? :001_302:
easy..while looking after kids also try to do housework.I used to vacuum house like siow when i ate too much or needed a work out.U not only get a gd sweaty workout but also a clean house.When pushing stroller also try to use abdomen musceles.really works.N once u r recovered fr childbirth just do abt 20 crunches a day..thts all.No nned waste money on gym all.Can even do them during tv advertisements..hahhahah

stonston

I think you lead an active lifestyle during pregnancy like me.

The moment I gave birth, my tummy shrunk, only to leave a small flap of excess skin. When my mum arrived in hospital 3 hours after I gave birth to visit me, the first thing she did was press my tummy and said "wah lau, why you got no tummy one!"

I wore my pre-preg tight capri pants home on discharge day :)

lis

me toO..!! my size is back to normal.. afta i gave birth.. my tummy is gone.. v hepi.. wen i go out w my son, ppl won't believe he's mine.. they will start saying, you so small size.. sure anot..? haha.. :tlaugh: i'll just smile away..

i agree w u.. when do hsework or pushing stroller.. use our muscles.. so that it helps to firm up our loosen 'parts'.. hee.. hee.. :001_302:

JusMum

jasobias , may i know why you dun do confinement ar ?
stonston , so good ar just gave birth also cant saw the tummy , you know , when i was in hospital ,aft d operation i was wheel back to my room , aft 4 hour doc came and see me , my doc ask me u still hv 1 more baby inside ar , why still so big ar .. Haiz ...:nah:

Triquetra

Friend saw my tummy today and she was like "WAH! Suddenly so big arh?!", I seriously think that it's the pocky and ice cream inside there *hurhurhur*

jasobias, i wish I will be half as lucky as you =.=

jasobias

jasobias , may i know why you dont do confinement ar ?
stonston , so good ar just gave birth also cant saw the tummy , you know , when i was in hospital ,after d operation i was wheel back to my room , after 4 hour doc came and see me , my doc ask me you still have 1 more baby inside ar , why still so big ar .. sigh ...:nah:
hi jusmum,
hmm..i just dont believe in confinement i guess.Its a luxury i cant afford.Still have to run the household n look after my kids.Me n hubby also dont like idea of someone else looking after our kids when we r ourselves around.Hubby is very hands on with everything.I do get tired n bodyaches coz been abt 16 days after birth but no choice lah.N i am very particular abt wht i eat.Dont like alot of stuff except for burgers.My mum has her own stuff to do n so she tried to bring me either lunch or dinner so i am not eating frozen burgers everyday...hehheheh...just cant wait to regain all my previous energies..all tht sitting on bed for 3 months b4 delivery completely weakened me..now have to start all over again..tsk!tsk!

u shld have told the dr ah.."ya u didnt do gd job..still left another baby inside!!"n see his reaction..betetr yet say when got pple..hehehheh

apollo

my god .. so envy you .. my boy come out weight 4.12kg , he is almost 3 month , and i still have this tummy that cant go off , can you teach me how can i lost this tummy like you ,, as i go c-sec , and my friend told my for c-sec tummy is hard to disappear .. is that true ar ?? i was so fed up with me tummy .. :shyxxx:
not true... i had c-sect but my tummy gone in 2weeks time.. only the hip is still abit there... maybe my weight gain during preg isn't alot.. ard 9kilo+

JusMum

jasobias , i think most chinese do confinement ,, my confinement also like nth , becos i got a very lousy confinement nanny , make me vomit blood , still hv to take care my baby on myown .. talk bout her makes me headaches now , haiz ... but you are great , still can handle by your own ..

reginakoh , only 9kg , LoL .. , i gain 23 kg , and now still hv 8 kg to go .. sigh ~~

apollo

jasobias , i think most chinese do confinement ,, my confinement also like nth , becos i got a very lousy confinement nanny , make me vomit blood , still have to take care my baby on myown .. talk bout her makes me headaches now , sigh ... but you are great , still can handle by your own ..

reginakoh , only 9kg , LoL .. , i gain 23 kg , and now still have 8 kg to go .. sigh ~~
i ate lotsa rice, potato, ice-cream etc during the last 2mths if not is only around 7kilo... and becos that time baby weight seems abit lil (to us) so force myself to eat.. haha..2weeks aft gave birth, lost 10kilo, i tot weighing machine spoil...