Where should new born sleep? Crib/ Sarong / Master bed?

Mindyling

Hi
Where should new born sleep? Crib / Sarong / Master bed? Considering the heads of new borns are very soft. Experts has recommended to change baby sleeping position every now and then. :wong19:

There are many cribs but i havent seen any sarong ones. Any one can recommend?

anabella

If u worried about the head. U can get a dimple pillow for ur baby. My babies used it from birth. And they didnt develop flat head.

azzzima

Hi
Where should new born sleep? Crib / Sarong / Master bed? Considering the heads of new borns are very soft. Experts has recommended to change baby sleeping position every now and then. :wong19:

There are many cribs but i havent seen any sarong ones. Any one can recommend?
hi mindyling

my baby sleeps on a travel cot in my room as i dont have a space to buy a cot. when either me and husband is awake, we let her sleep on our master bed but can be very dangerous for baby as both might fall asleep and lean on bb.

do you mean sarong which is hanged and drilled to the ceiling?

Mindyling

hi anabella, thanks i will look out for that... there is one kind which is filled with green bean it is the same?
hi azzzima, yes it is those sarong hanged from the ceiling... but it is very inconvenient still need to drill.... and it is fixed...

:1err:

XenXuan

I let my son sleep on our master bed in between us in a snuggle nest baby bed 2yrs back.. its like a small crib that can be place in normal bed but have firm sides to prevent parents from leaning over n cover the baby's face.. able to use it till baby start to turn sides or longer.. we will be using it again for my upcoming 2nd baby.. we find it gd as newborns tend to need more attention during 1st few mths..

we oso have sarong that hangs from the ceiling,we place our bed directly under it to make it safer juz in case baby crawls out n easier to swing the baby to sleep where we can rest too.. muz rem not to drill the sarong near walls/doors or any funiture,to prevent over-swing n impact by any cause that might hurt the baby.. if u r getting those portable(metal pole stands with wheels) sarong,its safer for u to place a matress under the sarong n wrap up the bending pole wif towels as cushions up..of cuz its better never to leave ur baby in sarong unattended..

anabella

Nope. It's really like a pillow. Just that got a depressed hole in the centre. U can just go to kiddy palace and ask the staff the price can range from 3.90 to those 20 plus dollars.

hi anabella, thanks i will look out for that... there is one kind which is filled with green bean it is the same?
hi azzzima, yes it is those sarong hanged from the ceiling... but it is very inconvenient still need to drill.... and it is fixed...

anabella

Nope. It's really like a pillow. Just that got a depressed hole in the centre. U can just go to kiddy palace and ask the staff the price can range from 3.90 to those 20 plus dollars.

Mummy to Baby V

Initially, we let son sleep in cot. By 4 months old, he was fussing very frequently, so let him sleep with us, between wall and me.

In cot and bed, safest not to use any pillow, bolster, soft toys, etc. in case of suffocation. Better be safe than sorry.
Can try shifting baby's head every now and then when sleeping.
When awake, have lots of tummy time instead of letting baby continue lying on back.

We also got a portable hammock for his nap. He didn't want that after about 7 months old. Must watch him closely at all times.

azzzima

hi mindy
but it s troublesome u have to rock your baby to sleep with it. can be tiring. and baby might suffocate if it gets entangled with the sarong. better not use sarong.

Mindyling

hi all
thanks for the helpful suggestions...
:Dancing_tongue:

i came across this product when parents mentioned in some other forum and decided to share with all ... i think it sounds quite safe cos its specially designed for new borns and im getting it....... it is quite widely available it seems....

http://www.babysafe.com.sg

Last edited:

rachellee

I think masterbed. I'll let my baby sleep at masterbed and maybe let her sleep on sarong when she's like 3 months? :)

candy_ian

My son slept in the cot for 3 days n moved to mastered with me. He was a light sleeper n im bfding so it was easier when we co-sleep. I don't believe in using sarong so he never slePt in one n he didn't need use to rock him to sleep at all..
He slept on tummy 1 month onwards.

Renzie

My DD slept on the cot during her first 2 months, then moved to the master-bed, from then on, the cot collect dust. Sarong she used to use for her earlier months, for napping in the day.