Where to buy jarred baby food other than Gerber and Heinz?

diymummy

Going away for a cruise soon.

Have tried Heinz big jar food for my baby but some my baby is allergic to ingredients inside. So wondering where I can get other brands?

Gerber and Healthy Times are purees and don't have any rice or other grains in them. Wonder what other brands out there have ready jarred baby food?

Thanks!

Cheechee

You can try the organic brands. They are available in Vitakids on 5th level of Paragon or for a more comprehensive selection of baby food, try Park House at Orchard Boulevard.

meiteoh

Was about to suggest organic stores - I went to Carrefour at Suntec and saw some baby food jars for stages 3 and 4 being stocked at the organic section on the fresh produce level. Maybe you can check them out as well. :)

missblue18

i bought some from this organic store at greatworld...think the brand is organic one...in fact i didnt use any on my travelling trip coz ended up giving baby cereal in convenience packs...

i also bought some pigeon instant porridge but my baby didnt like them still have a few packs left if you want them for free pls pm me...expiry 2011

diymummy

Thanks missblue18. I saw the Pigeon ones at Isetan and bought a few. After I bought them realised that a few reviews said that their kids didn't really enjoy it. :p I hope my boy won't reject it.

apollo

missblue, how old was ur baby was he 1st started taking pigeon instant porridge? cos i read the ingredients, it contains salt. i wonder how 'salty' it is.. how to prepare the porridge?? =)

stonston

I got mine at Brown Rice Paradise at Tanglin Mall. They have many different brands, all organic. The Cold Storage at Tanglin Mall's basement also has quite a large variety :)

Use to stock up before we went for holidays :)

missblue18

missblue, how old was your baby was he 1st started taking pigeon instant porridge? cos i read the ingredients, it contains salt. i wonder how 'salty' it is.. how to prepare the porridge?? =)
she was abt 8mths old when we went to taiwan....its actually quite tasteless...not salty...you just need to immerse the whole pack in hot water for 3mins and its done...if u want it to try pls pm me....

missblue18

Thanks missblue18. I saw the Pigeon ones at Isetan and bought a few. After I bought them realised that a few reviews said that their kids didn't really enjoy it. :p I hope my boy won't reject it.
yah such a waste of money lucky i only bought 2 packets...my girl totally rejected after the 1st taste...

so apollo if you want to get some from me can use as standby...

diymummy

Hi regina mummy, I can update you how salty the porridge is after I return from my cruise ;)
Hi Regina mummy, not sure if you've gone for your holiday yet.

My boy tried the Pigeon one already. One was ok. The "Fried rice" flavour one for 9 mth+. That one is quite tasteless. But the other one that is something like "Japanese red beam" oh my, so flavourful and smells super fishy. My boy totally rejected that one.

apollo

Hi Regina mummy, not sure if you've gone for your holiday yet.

My boy tried the Pigeon one already. One was ok. The "Fried rice" flavour one for 9 month+. That one is quite tasteless. But the other one that is something like "Japanese red beam" oh my, so flavourful and smells super fishy. My boy totally rejected that one.
haven go yet cos if everything confirm, might be going on may when ds is older.. but hw u prepare the pigeon one? is it troublesome to prepare at shopping centre/outside??

diymummy

You changed your nick???? Kekekeke.

If your boy is fine with not-so-hot food, then you can feed the Pigeon from the pack. The Pigeon one has some small chunky bits. If your boy wants hot food like mine, need to put the pack in hot water for a few minutes then feed. For me I brought out a thermos (Tiger jar) and put hot water in it to soak the food. After that I pour the hot water away and put the porridge into the jar and scoop out and feed so that the food continues to be warm.

For jar food, I have a cup to heat up the contents plus I put hot water into the jar to "loosen" it and heat it faster.

The Pigeon one it has instructions on the back of the box.

apollo

You changed your nick???? Kekekeke.

If your boy is fine with not-so-hot food, then you can feed the Pigeon from the pack. The Pigeon one has some small chunky bits. If your boy wants hot food like mine, need to put the pack in hot water for a few minutes then feed. For me I brought out a thermos (Tiger jar) and put hot water in it to soak the food. After that I pour the hot water away and put the porridge into the jar and scoop out and feed so that the food continues to be warm.

For jar food, I have a cup to heat up the contents plus I put hot water into the jar to "loosen" it and heat it faster.

The Pigeon one it has instructions on the back of the box.
heeeeheeee shhhhh~~~ haha

oh u mean can just eat it without heating up? but ds prefer warm food. fussy boy! LOL!!! thks babe!! :001_302:

diymummy

LOL.

Yeah can eat direct without heating. My boy also prefers warm food. One box comes with 2 sachets. My boy needs more than that 2 sachets to be full. So what I did also was during the breakfast buffet spread, usually they have plain congee. So I scooped some of that into the thermos and during lunch, I warm up the Pigeon sachets and mix it wil the plain porridge. More substance and dilutes the salt content.

apollo

btw abit off-track, diymummy, how many meals ur boy eating now? i mean solid food meals. 2 or 3?? if 3, when u started giving him 3 meals solid food per day?? hehe

diymummy

My boy is now on 2 meals.

He was on 3 when he was 9 mths but he started to fall ill very often (not sure if becaues it is heaty) so we dropped back to 2 meals.

When he was on 3 meals, it was cereal in the morning, porridge in the afternoon and cereal in the evening because the infant care doesn't provide dinner. I also don't knock off in time to pick him, bring him home and feed dinner so resorted to cereal for dinner.

I decided to start my boy on 3 meals at 9 mths because he was waking at the middle of the night again for milk. I figured he hasn't had enough to eat in the day so I intro breakfast. After that, he no longer woke up in the middle of the night.

Milk should still be your boy's main protein source until at least 1 year old. :)

apollo

if i were to bring ds overseas when he was 11++mths, can i feed him milk for every meals thru out the few days overseas?? or decrease to 1 meal solid food?\, the rest milk? lik in e hotel morning gif him cereal, the rest all milk?

diymummy

It really depends if your boy can feel satisfied with just milk. I know my boy cannot tahan and I don't want him to wake up in the middle of the night because he is hungry... Coz I want my rest too. Hehe.... So I brought cereal (for dinner) and the Pigeon food and jarred food (for lunch). I brought both the Pigeon and the jarred food cos I scared he will reject the Pigeon one.

Got 1 meal I took 1 hard boiled egg from the buffet, scoop porridge from the buffet breakfast and fed him that for lunch. Buffet table also got fruits so fed him some apple too. Try to "coup" as many things from breakfast as you can... Hahahaha. That's what I did. If got fresh food,I try to feed the fresh food.

apollo

It really depends if your boy can feel satisfied with just milk. I know my boy cannot tahan and I dont't want him to wake up in the middle of the night because he is hungry... Coz I want my rest too. Hehe.... So I brought cereal (for dinner) and the Pigeon food and jarred food (for lunch). I brought both the Pigeon and the jarred food cos I scared he will reject the Pigeon one.

Got 1 meal I took 1 hard boiled egg from the buffet, scoop porridge from the buffet breakfast and fed him that for lunch. Buffet table also got fruits so fed him some apple too. Try to "coup" as many things from breakfast as you can... Hahahaha. That's what I did. If got fresh food,I try to feed the fresh food.
ohh so if he can be satisfied with just milk, i will just feed him 1 meal ceral in e day and the rest milk liaoo haha!! thks babe for ur help! :001_302: