where to travel overseas with a 2yo and 2-mth-old?

cmeilim

I need some ideas. Looking at somewhere oversease for a few days in the next couple of months, cos it's birthday season for hubby, myself and our 2yo. i'd love to have a holiday before my maternity leave ends and i return to work too. =)

we definitely need and want to bring the kids along. for the 2yo's sake, prefer to have space for him to run around, and a nice pool.

Suggestions welcome!!

makarios

I need some ideas. Looking at somewhere oversease for a few days in the next couple of months, cos it's birthday season for hubby, myself and our 2yo. i'd love to have a holiday before my maternity leave ends and i return to work too. =)

we definitely need and want to bring the kids along. for the 2yo's sake, prefer to have space for him to run around, and a nice pool.

Suggestions welcome!!
Bintan? Cos short travelling (abt 45mins ferry ride fr Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal).
Just brought my 2.5yo there for 3 days 2 nites. Had great fun at the beach...building sand castles & picking sea shells. The resort that we stayed in has 2 swimming pools. And a nice, spacious garden to walk and roam around...

makarios

Which resort is it? We hv stayed at Bintan lagoon resort and Angsana.
Bintan Lagoon. We stayed in a 3-bedroom bungalow complete with kitchen facilities which is great cos the food is quite expensive. Cooked for my 2.5 yo so won't need to search for appropriate food. Includes the buggy...wonderful to drive around to the beach and swimming pool. We stayed at normal hotel room before but prefer the bungalow. Cos more space for the kids to roam around indoors and outdoors.

snowee

Bintan Lagoon. We stayed in a 3-bedroom bungalow complete with kitchen facilities which is great cos the food is quite expensive. Cooked for my 2.5 yo so won't need to search for appropriate food. Includes the buggy...wonderful to drive around to the beach and swimming pool. We stayed at normal hotel room before but prefer the bungalow. Cos more space for the kids to roam around indoors and outdoors.

Hi , may i know what you cook for your kid? I was thinking of going resort but worried about the food for him. He is 16mth old.
Did you bring rice there? and what about the meat & vegetables? Where you get those stuff?

makarios

I brought all the rice, pasta, meat and vegetables from Singapore. Rice, pasta and vegetables in a ziploc bags (adequate for the 3 days) and meat (chicken & fish already diced or sliced) in a small cooler bag. Brought some soya sauce, some sesame oil in small tuppleware bottles. Since only for dd, not that heavy.
I also brought a microwavable rice cooker. Abt $10 & can be bought at John Little, Metro, Tangs, departmental stores...So I cooked rice or porridge with it. Even if you don't have it, you can cook porridge in a pot or rice cooker provided. But I felt that the rice cooker provided seems not v clean (think for adults can but not for toddlers) and too huge to cook a child's portion. I'm a bit sticky about my child's diet and the cleanliness of her food...So you might find it ok with the kitchenware in the bungalow.
Menu:
Day 1 Lunch--fish porridge; Dinner: chicken macaroni soup
Day 2 Lunch--fish & veg soup with rice; Dinner: pan fried garlic chicken with pasta
Day 3 Lunch-- chicken porridge (since packing to leave...so porridge easiest to bring & eat along the way)

Hope this helps. :) But if you are going out to visit the town in Bintan or the staff quarter (which is near Pasar Oleh Oleh), you'll find places where they sell vegetables or fruits. Yes I brought my own fruits too... Grapes (easy to bring), pears and apples.

And if you are not so price conscious, you can also order the vegetables and meat through the resort. Think prices about 0.5-1x more. But you'll travel much lighter and more convenient...:)

snowee

I brought all the rice, pasta, meat and vegetables from Singapore. Rice, pasta and vegetables in a ziploc bags (adequate for the 3 days) and meat (chicken & fish already diced or sliced) in a small cooler bag. Brought some soya sauce, some sesame oil in small tuppleware bottles. Since only for dd, not that heavy.
I also brought a microwavable rice cooker. Abt $10 & can be bought at John Little, Metro, Tangs, departmental stores...So I cooked rice or porridge with it. Even if you don't have it, you can cook porridge in a pot or rice cooker provided. But I felt that the rice cooker provided seems not v clean (think for adults can but not for toddlers) and too huge to cook a child's portion. I'm a bit sticky about my child's diet and the cleanliness of her food...So you might find it ok with the kitchenware in the bungalow.
Menu:
Day 1 Lunch--fish porridge; Dinner: chicken macaroni soup
Day 2 Lunch--fish & veg soup with rice; Dinner: pan fried garlic chicken with pasta
Day 3 Lunch-- chicken porridge (since packing to leave...so porridge easiest to bring & eat along the way)

Hope this helps. :) But if you are going out to visit the town in Bintan or the staff quarter (which is near Pasar Oleh Oleh), you'll find places where they sell vegetables or fruits. Yes I brought my own fruits too... Grapes (easy to bring), pears and apples.

And if you are not so price conscious, you can also order the vegetables and meat through the resort. Think prices about 0.5-1x more. But you'll travel much lighter and more convenient...:)
wow...have microwave oven $10 only? you are really a great mummy who don't afraid of the hassle of bringing the things along. ,May i know what cooler bag did you use , can keep the meat fresh?

bunny dad

You can try Phuket or Samui, can book a private pool villa so your family can be in the villa all by yourself. They got a small pool,bbq pit,kitchen,living room and a small garden.

littlena

Alpha Male
Which resort is it? We hv stayed at Bintan lagoon resort and Angsana.
Just cut and paste what i found FYI

Click here to see more pictures
of Bintan Lagoon Resort
SPECIAL PROMOTION for 2D1N Bintan Lagoon Resort Package from
S$119 nett / person (weekday)
S$155 nett / person(weekend)
http://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Bintan_Lagoon_Resort.htm?a_aid=27521
http://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Bintan_Lagoon_Resort.htm?a_aid=27521 INCLUSIONS:

• 1 night stay in Deluxe Garden Room
    2-way ferry tickets, inclusive of taxes and fuel surcharges
    2-way transfers between Hotel & Ferry Terminal
    Welcome drink upon arrival
    Buffet breakfast for 2 persons

*Rates above not applicable for high season travel

cmeilim

yup, we went to melaka, and will be going to batam in two weeks' time. then to BKK a few weeks after. increasing the distance gradually.... =)