Where you put your newborn babies to sleep on?

Porukadotzu

Hi all, just need to get some input here...

where is the best place to put your newborn baby to sleep on?

Same bed with baby's parents? or children's bed? baby cot?

MummyGrace

Hi all, just need to get some input here...

where is the best place to put your newborn baby to sleep on?

Same bed with baby's parents? or children's bed? baby cot?
I put my son in playpen. Good for babies ard 6 to 12mths. For cot, when they grow up esp ard 6mths, they will try to climb up or hold on to the rails and if they fall backwards, might hurt themselves as the cot are made of wood. Try not to sleep with adults, as babies might suffocated them without knowing. :001_302:

xue

baby cot in the nite..
n playpen bassinet in the noon..
but i read the warnings it put.. baby more den 15lbs & 3mths n above canot slp in the bassinet..so if i put him inside the playpen..wun it be too low?

Porukadotzu

I put my son in playpen. Good for babies ard 6 to 12mths. For cot, when they grow up esp ard 6mths, they will try to climb up or hold on to the rails and if they fall backwards, might hurt themselves as the cot are made of wood. Try not to sleep with adults, as babies might suffocated them without knowing. :001_302:
yea i also tink newborn sleep w/ parents quite dangerous...

Porukadotzu

baby cot in the nite..
n playpen bassinet in the noon..
but i read the warnings it put.. baby more den 15lbs & 3mths n above canot slp in the bassinet..so if i put him inside the playpen..wun it be too low?
playpen can not rise up the bottom part issit? maybe can stack matrass?

xue

playpen can not rise up the bottom part issit? maybe can stack matrass?
dats wat the salesger tel mi too..haix no choice..got to go buy mattresses again..
my baby cot buy rongli..oso quite low..den stack up 2 mattresses..
nw playpen haf to stack up again..lol

Porukadotzu

dats wat the salesger tel mi too..haix no choice..got to go buy mattresses again..
my baby cot buy rongli..oso quite low..den stack up 2 mattresses..
nw playpen haf to stack up again..lol
hehehe...no choice huh..

eh i tot bb cot normally can adjust the height? normally up to 3-4 height rite.. and can open 1 of the side so you can pick up bb easily.

xue

hehehe...no choice huh..

eh i tot bb cot normally can adjust the height? normally up to 3-4 height rite.. and can open 1 of the side so you can pick up bb easily.
my baby cot is my FIL help mi buy de as i was in hospiatal..everythin las min buy..
he so blur..buy rongly..
can adjust hgt at the side..but stil very low...the side cant open wan.....zzzz
so angry wif him..=x
i dat time keep bendin until back pain..so ask dh buy another mattress

Last edited:

Porukadotzu

my baby cot is my FIL help mi buy de as i was in hospiatal..everythin las min buy..
he so blur..buy rongly..
can adjust hgt at the side..but stil very low...the side cant open wan.....zzzz
so angry wif him..=x
i dat time keep bendin until back pain..so ask dh buy another mattress
ic ic...ya if like that then no choice than to buy additional mattress... hv to bend down everytime really troublesome and surely get more backpain...

-SRI-

hmmm..when my niece is born..i sleep wit her lei at the living rm on the floor wit mattress cz easier for me to change her diapers n make milk for her...hehehe..frm living rm straight can go to kitchen..lazy me...gt one time early morning she cry... i was so sleepy cz hv to go to sch soon...force myself to wake up... milk her den try to burp her..after tt cuddle her trying to make her slp..dunno hw cum i suddenly dozed off wit her in my arms sleeping at my chest...so surprised she slp so soundly n i don even move abit...:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:...wake up den i put her dwn..

When she 10 mths den put her in the BB cot at nite but hv to put 2 mattress cz the cot so low...pain seh my back keep bending dwn...nw 1 yrs plus put 1 mattress only..she active..i scared ltr when i don wanna carry her..she'll jump out sia.... so purposely make the height whr she can only see us..i mean follow her eye level...

Play pen is used only for play wit her colourful balls....den i join too...:001_302:

LoVeS

We bought playpen for my ds but he couldnt slp well n refuse to slp in it which got so cranky SO end up we let him slp in sarong in the living rm even till now. At times he slp on our bed or his playpen but at times his sarong as his slping pattern keep changing.

Porukadotzu

hmmm..when my niece is born..i sleep wit her lei at the living rm on the floor wit mattress cz easier for me to change her diapers n make milk for her...hehehe..frm living rm straight can go to kitchen..lazy me...gt one time early morning she cry... i was so sleepy cz hv to go to sch soon...force myself to wake up... milk her den try to burp her..after tt cuddle her trying to make her slp..dunno hw cum i suddenly dozed off wit her in my arms sleeping at my chest...so surprised she slp so soundly n i don even move abit...:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:...wake up den i put her dwn..

When she 10 mths den put her in the BB cot at nite but hv to put 2 mattress cz the cot so low...pain seh my back keep bending dwn...nw 1 yrs plus put 1 mattress only..she active..i scared ltr when i don wanna carry her..she'll jump out sia.... so purposely make the height whr she can only see us..i mean follow her eye level...

Play pen is used only for play wit her colourful balls....den i join too...:001_302:
ic ic...ya if the bb growing already need to adjust the height too. in play pen bb can not climb up also.

Porukadotzu

We bought playpen for my ds but he couldnt slp well n refuse to slp in it which got so cranky SO end up we let him slp in sarong in the living rm even till now. At times he slp on our bed or his playpen but at times his sarong as his slping pattern keep changing.
sleep in sarong means he slept hanging down in a cloth rite? tat way he can sleep well mah? not scared he roll out the cloth?

our bed quite small leh, my hb never buy the king or the bigger queen bed type...so end up still using the old bed he was using when he still single, the small queen type...and worse lately he's been slapping my face accidently at nite in his sleep loh...:tkaboom: geee... so if put bb together in bed maybe woke up with flat baby already....

tats why i'm doing a survey where the best place to put bb ehhehe...

coz my mil suggest dun buy the bb cot coz it will be no use in the end... but i got no place to put the bb...

-SRI-

ic ic...ya if the bb growing already need to adjust the height too. in play pen bb can not climb up also.
ya...its a must..for her safety...if i were to stand near the bb cot, she'll grab on to my shirt tightly n climb on me...:tlaugh:active gal....wanna ppl to entertain her 24/7!!! fainted.......nw i gt bb cant entertain her 24/7..tired la..will tell her soon "ibu pregnant..." lol..dunno she understand or nt..muz let her touch my tummy soon...

Porukadotzu

ya...its a must..for her safety...if i were to stand near the bb cot, she'll grab on to my shirt tightly n climb on me...:tlaugh:active gal....wanna ppl to entertain her 24/7!!! fainted.......nw i gt bb cant entertain her 24/7..tired la..will tell her soon "ibu pregnant..." lol..dunno she understand or nt..muz let her touch my tummy soon...
:tlaugh:hhaha ya, otherwise she'll be jelouse of ur bb... but the older they get they can accept siblings better..

LoVeS

sleep in sarong means he slept hanging down in a cloth rite? tat way he can sleep well mah? not scared he roll out the cloth?

our bed quite small leh, my hb never buy the king or the bigger queen bed type...so end up still using the old bed he was using when he still single, the small queen type...and worse lately he's been slapping my face accidently at nite in his sleep loh...:tkaboom: geee... so if put bb together in bed maybe woke up with flat baby already....

tats why i'm doing a survey where the best place to put bb ehhehe...

coz my mil suggest dun buy the bb cot coz it will be no use in the end... but i got no place to put the bb...
so far nv roll out of sarong but how to ROLL out?! Oh u mean super single size bed issit? Aiya even u haf queen size bed aso like tt, my ds he alone can occupied 3/4 of the queen size bed liao lor n still wanna use his head to knock me out of bed :shyxxx:

If ur hb is heavy sleeper then dun put bb slp on the bed wif u coz my dh aso like tt one very heavy sleeper tt quite a few times he nearly kick, slap, knock my ds n got once he throw his bolster onto my ds tt wake my ds up.

Wat ur mil said half true coz sum bb juz dun like slping cot or playpen 1, juz like my ds at times he like but at times he dun like n end up the playpen kinda collect dust n occupied space.

Porukadotzu

so far nv roll out of sarong but how to ROLL out?! Oh u mean super single size bed issit? Aiya even u haf queen size bed aso like tt, my ds he alone can occupied 3/4 of the queen size bed liao lor n still wanna use his head to knock me out of bed :shyxxx:

If ur hb is heavy sleeper then dun put bb slp on the bed wif u coz my dh aso like tt one very heavy sleeper tt quite a few times he nearly kick, slap, knock my ds n got once he throw his bolster onto my ds tt wake my ds up.

Wat ur mil said half true coz sum bb juz dun like slping cot or playpen 1, juz like my ds at times he like but at times he dun like n end up the playpen kinda collect dust n occupied space.
U meant that u hang the sarong and put the bb there rite... i thought bb can easily roll out fm it....

the bed now i'm sleeping on about small queen type.. never change to bigger size when me n hb got married... so i thought if put bb in between absolutly impossible...hehehe

tats y now in dilema...i'm thingking no choice to buy a bb cot atleast and train the bb to slee in it... or the otherway bb and me sleep on bed and hubby sleep on mattress at floor la so he can take as much space possible...:tlaugh:

LoVeS

U meant that u hang the sarong and put the bb there rite... i thought bb can easily roll out fm it....

the bed now i'm sleeping on about small queen type.. never change to bigger size when me n hb got married... so i thought if put bb in between absolutly impossible...hehehe

tats y now in dilema...i'm thingking no choice to buy a bb cot atleast and train the bb to slee in it... or the otherway bb and me sleep on bed and hubby sleep on mattress at floor la so he can take as much space possible...:tlaugh:
If u say the bb sit up n fall down i understand BUT how to roll out when both his side is cover by sarong? THe only 2 space is the top n bottom where u put bb in mah so if the bb sit up n try to crawl out then will fall lor BUT how to roll out?!

Ya at times i aso ask hubby slp another rm so tt ds can slp on the bed.

Porukadotzu

If u say the bb sit up n fall down i understand BUT how to roll out when both his side is cover by sarong? THe only 2 space is the top n bottom where u put bb in mah so if the bb sit up n try to crawl out then will fall lor BUT how to roll out?!

Ya at times i aso ask hubby slp another rm so tt ds can slp on the bed.

that means i imagining wrongly ...:tlaugh:

i was imagining you put your bb the other way...now u explain then i get it..haha..

so actually after getting dear son, your hubby isn't so 'dear' already huh..:tlaugh::tlaugh: