Which brand Breast pump to buy?

Feliz

medela is good. i had this swing electric one but be prepared for accidents.. lol.. since i'm 1st time mummy & a 1st time daddy..he tried to help me hold & on the pump but some how my nipple was not placed properly into the suction area.. but i know anything..MY NIPPLE was being sucked in and it's strucked!! so painful...*sob*sob* then medela had this function on the level of suction, he didnt know which button is to off and he push the "suction button"... I was so HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let you imagine the pain... lol
i swear i hate him forever for that!!!!!

LOL!..:tlaugh:

iwan2noe

hmmm.. dont think so... maybe is the model. some electric one even do massage before it pump.. saw reviews that maybe it is medela brand, but some of their models also not that good to use.
actually if you are confuse on which one to get, you can wait till after birth than buy. Can get the nurses to recommand too.
I think medela free style is good as it can be latched o nursing bra and keeps the mother hands free. Plus it got stimulation function that stimulate the production of milk before you start pumping for milk. It also have a memory mode function where you can preset your intensity and level of milk pumping.

Down side is it is very exp.. around $900 plus for non discounted price..
I was with the sales assistant and she was showing me.. i saw that it is not bad, plus it is also very portable coz it is not as big as the previous model b5 medela fres style...

Last edited:

chiro

probably u wanna consider import set, bot from usa directly... no warranty..

$540

can get on ebay

I think medela free style is good as it can be latched o nursing bra and keeps the mother hands free. Plus it got stimulation function that stimulate the production of milk before you start pumping for milk. It also have a memory mode function where you can preset your intensity and level of milk pumping.

Down side is it is very exp.. around $900 for non discounted price..
I was with the sales assistant and she was showing me.. i saw that it is not bad, plus it is also very portable coz it is not as big as the previous model b5 medela fres style...

nancy

probably you wanna consider import set, bot from usa directly... no warranty..

$540

can get on ebay
Medela Electric pump is really good. I have the one with a carrier bag (the very expensive one) which I borrow from a friend. You can pump both breasts at the same time and it is done by around 15mins.Fast, effective and good! But it will be a bit cumbersome to bring around so better to also invest one manual pump when u go shopping. My colleagues passed me Medela Electric pumps (both single and twin version) which I did not use them cos the more expensive version is definitely more effective. Ask around if there is pple you know who can lend you their pumps.

jas16

Hi, I got a 2nd hand Avent manual from my cousin, but I recently spoke with a friend who's nursing her baby and she says expressing takes about 20-30 mins each side.. so she strongly recommends dual electric pump. I'm going to keep the manual as emergency should the electric one not work. Imagine pumping manually for 40 minutes.. where's the time for rest?! :) Can try Evenflo, I bought mine for $179.. I think its reasonable price.

babymummy

Hi, selling my medela breast pump @ $100
Retailing at $193.90 outside..
Warrenty valid til March 2010.
In perfect condition.
can be operated with adapter or battery.
Interested, email me at : xiao_shin01@yahoo.com.sg or sms me @ 90011410.

Reason of selling the pump : My frds have got me one more pump. therefore, selling this extra 1 :wong19:​