Which childcare?

CanCanMum

Hi cancanmum,

Do u meet any difficult when u first put ur child in childcare? Cos my 2 gals will be going to childcare next mth, worry tat the youngest 1 will be difficult cos she now only 21mth while the older 1 is 33 mth. So stress... :embarrassed:
Hi Zune,

i din put him in childcare, only in playgroup.

both kids will sure exp separation anxiety...oso older kids bullying them etc....headaches la....but must be protective and speak up for them if really got some big bullies around....otherwise they will refuse to go to childcare.

for me tat time was only this problem. Other than tat my son adapts quite well when he was 2.5yo.

Zune Tan

Thank cancanmum...

At first I thinking of putting the older 1 first. Then my maid drop me a bomb say she 1 2 work till June so now need to put the younger 1 into childcare also liao...

Ann Maria

Ann Maria reccomended one at Sin Ming Ave. Is it too far for you. Its a full Montessori Centre. They cater for bb from 2 months old. I was told they have even Montessori materials specially for infants. That's cool. I am going down to take a look sometime this week. btw its at blk 455 Sin Ming Ave

estherlin

wat is the difference in Montesorri school??? so other than this type of system wat else is other sch using??? pls enlighten me tks!

CanCanMum

Montessori is a system developed by Dr Marie Montessori based on the objective of nurturing children who are slower than normal kids, for example mentally disabled children, to reach the 'standards' of normal children. In other words the system was developed based on children with special needs. Hence, the fundamentals are applied in all pre-school education and schools for young children due to its success in developing each and every children to their potential. (all from wad i know and heard)

Personally i don't think there are many schools that adopt teaching methods based on 100% Montessori....mostly partial only.

Frankly speaking i do not know how the school teaches my son!! Hahahhaa...but it seems like he is learning more thing everyday...but it is definitely not Montessori.

badtzzz

hahha..i used to be frm kinderland, many years back...was a poor grade student in pri sch, ok grade in sec, avg grade in poly, above-avg in uni...

i believe founation is gd, but it all depends how the kid absorbs frm it. The teachers also plays a part, and does your kid able to learn fast frm those teaching methods?

ZJG0601

Anyone send their darlings to Kinderland Hougang?

My gal (2.5yo) is attending one of the CC in Hougang but we thought of transfering her to either Kinderland Hougang or Learning Visions @ Cecil street. Reason: we have some issues with the current CC and have no more faith in them.